Is this the most perfect man in human history? Name one thing he did wrong

Is this the most perfect man in human history? Name one thing he did wrong.

Let his wife browbeat him into accepting shitty Tiberius as his successor.

kill people

Tiberius was a better man than Augustus. Tiberius only started his reign of terror at the end of his reign, when he was bitter and worn out. Augustus started his naked grab for power with atrocities and murders.

Augustus took care of the people during his entire reign, Tiberius just went off to Capri and fucked boipucci and didn't give a shit about Rome. Augustus was better by far.

Destroyed the Republic

Voting is for fags, when will you realize this

Raising a slut of a daughter

>t. Senate faggot

>all this hate for Tiberius

The poor man never wanted to be emperor.

He was a good father to his wife's son.

he killed Cesarian
cleopatra and caesars son

Literally living too long so all the good heirs died
Killing Caesarion is also kinda fucked up but I can understand why

Nah Titus Pullo was the dad

My opinion of him is mixed because I cant really drop my initial impression. The more I read the more I can respect him. I think Octavians autism just became more concentrated by generation and culminated in Nero

It really aches that they never continued the series.

t. Nulla ratio

Even HBO admits it fucked up
They just stole some of the best actors from the series and John Adams for Game of Thrones

His weaknesses and collapse under the pressure of literally being surrounded by enemies has been emphasized for 2,000 years, while the flaws of his predecessors are mostly swept under the rug (particularly Augustus' state terror).

>The poor man never wanted to be emperor.
>Could have easily relinquished power back to the Republic and restored the proper rule of law
>Didn't

He wanted to be emperor enough.

>The Late Era Republic
>Proper rule of law

The Republic was long dead before Augustus "destroyed" it.

OP said something he did wrong.

He left the house with a baby hanging off his leg? Thats pretty wrong if you ask me.

Teutoburg

He did not command the army in person during the fact

Genocide 1/3th of Gaul

That was Julius not Augustus retard

wew lad

13!!!!!!!!!!

No, he is still GOAT

>Destroyed the Republic
LMAO nigga no, that started when men like Crassus could amass enough wealth and power to buy legions for vanity project conquests.

>They just stole some of the best actors from the series and John Adams for Game of Thrones
Yeah but where are the guys that played Pullo and Vorenus? I saw Caesar as Mance, Vorenus' wife as Mama Badpucci, Brutus as Edmure, but like the very best actors don't show up. The guys who played Augustus would have made good Joffrey and Ramsay, respectively.
Tbh they could simply pick it back up again with the Year of the Four Emperors that transitioned the Julio-Claudian to the Flavian Dynasty.

I wouldn't say perfect, but effective yes.
However, he didn't really do good militarily on his own, but he was a cunning politician and effective administrator who provided a foundation that allowed Rome to endure another 4 centuries or so.

How would the world have been different if he won?

Also he was best boy in that show.

t. Optimate mongrel

>was only in the running because his relative, julius caesar, was actually great
>coward
>let agrippa and maecenas do all the work
>looked somewhat morally better than mark antony who was a degenerate
>passed on power to a more skilled man who didn't even want the job

total meme emperor

Man, this board has my favourite mascot.

>The guys who played Augustus would have made good Joffrey and Ramsay

Good actor for Ramsay but Gleeson was the best actor possible for Gleeson. Unfortunately by the time Ramsay came by D&D were already fucking up things majorly so I don't think the actor would have mattered that much.

failed to establish a proper and unequivocal line of succession or means of transferring power through generations

>implying that bringing civilisation and Roman law to every land imaginable so that all may enjoy the splendour and glory of which that is rome
>is a bad thing

Marius beat the Republic half to death with his reforms, and Sulla delivered the killing blow when he marched on Rome.
Note that before that, the Republic was a fat, dying pig squealing for death.

Sulla's march on Rome is the moment it was doomed.

Daily reminder the actual historiography from contemporaries on roman emperors is so limited and often biased that it is really fucking hard to judge the characters of the various emperors

Vorenus has been on Grey's Anatomy for years now, it still cracks me up when my wife watches it.