Why the fuck are houses in Canada so fucking expensive?

Why the fuck are houses in Canada so fucking expensive?
Canada is a massive country yet fucking house prices are through the roof, how does that happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

globalnews.ca/news/3641743/more-than-one-third-of-young-canadian-adults-live-with-their-parents-2016-census/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

houses dont build themselves
also china buys them all and sells them to you for a markup

>houses dont build themselves
But it certainly doesn't cost 300k to build a 3 bedroom house.

Yeah it's a bubble, but bubbles can only pop when there is fear.

Everyone is greedy right now and this keeps house prices inflated, as well as no shortage of Chinese demand. In a few years (nobody knows how many), we'll be talking about the countless Canadian families that lost their retirements & savings investing in real estate.

These will be the bagholders basically. How to avoid being a bagholder and still make money? Become a broker/sell home related services.

Just want to let everyone know, that Candadian plumber is a great example of how to make money off a bubble w/o holding any bags.

He's probably one of the most redpilled people on Veeky Forums.

does anyone in coquitlam bc know how much the apartments are? i live right next to them but their website is fucking scuffed and i cant register and im not sure if their info building even has a worker hired there

they built like a total of 22 apartment buildings the past 2 years

Permits zoning red tape etc

If you could just pour some concrete without any paperwork it would be about 1/50 the cost.

As a Torontonian I can shed some lights on this. With houses (like any other asset), its what's on the margin that matters. In Toronto, 5-15% (no official numbers collected) of sales are cash only to overseas buyers, mostly from East Asia. The next 35-45% are to people who already have one to several properties and leverage them to buy another one, rent it out for a few years, and then flip. The rest goes to financial cucks who take a 30 year old mortgage out because "the time to buy is not" or "my wife needs a home". I'm a software dev and whenever the team goes out for lunch, the conversation always goes to real estate, people are scared shitless because they realize that maybe that 1bd condo uptown wasn't worth 300k. Meh

the bubble will never pop, throughout the entire west prices will continue to rise until a only the select few will be able to actually own a home

making real estate un accessible to normies has been one of the key steps in undermining personal freesom and installing an owrellian tier state

just fucking read this shit
globalnews.ca/news/3641743/more-than-one-third-of-young-canadian-adults-live-with-their-parents-2016-census/

I heard its rich chinks bringing up high prices, canacucks being the pansies they are can't so no to foreigners

leave the big cities and its not so bad

but yea... we're mismanagement: the country.

small population and extremely resource rich, yet we're all somehow poor to the eternal jew.

I don't really really care that much. I'm an electrician so the money is good and steady. Even if I'm doing alright, I',m still upset about the state of affairs.

I blame Rich Dad Man.

More seriously, we have three generations of people who can't compute net present value and think paying rent is never preferable to paying a mortgage.

can't say no*

also this. Chinese government is huge. Even low tier party members, and there are a lot of them, cannot own property of the state in China. They send out their money via their young family members to invest/speculate the market here.

Canadians are too effeminate to get into construction so no new houses are built

can confirm. All of my friends don't know how to even swing a hammer and I have to listen to their minimum wage sob stories.

That sounds more like a reflection on you than on Canada

Got into construction at a young age. Didn't make new friends after highschool. Didn't have time. It sucks, I suck.

Quite reflective of beta Toronto though, at least.

Do what my mom always said "Don't be stupid like me, marry rich."

Step 1 Register on POF
Step 2 Search for Asians in your age range (this is important because only asians have money)
Step 3 Asses his or her parents assets, hint luxury cars, rental properties, parents have their own business. If they are wage cucking GTFO
Step 4 go ring shopping

This guide works well if your white and over 6' in Vancouver or Toronto.

>Have to get my own place soon
>House prices are absolutely ridiculous, even single bedroom middle of the ghetto houses that are falling apart are just barely in my price range
>At the same time renting an apartment feels like an absolute waste since my money is basically just leaving me to make someone else richer

Help

Hard to say now, but condos are a half decent low maintenance way to build a bit of equity if you have an open mortgage. Do that for a couple years and then see where you're at.

Renting isn't a total waste of money as long as you're investing a shitload of other money to make up for the 'waste.'

The Chinese are buying up your homes and selling then for 500% value, that's why. Your PM is letting it happen too, the cuck.

Am Canadian. Can confirm that I don't even know our give a shit about the name of our prime minister, and yet I know that he's a cuck.

Maybe one day, us leafs will get Canada's Trump, but less fucking stupid and jewish.

this, depending on where you live. In Victoria its mostly a supply problem also an element of greed and rising rent prices (also greed). Van is a bubble.

because the the average price in canada is simply being dragged upwards by toronto and vancouver. remove those two from the market and the average price of a house in canada plummets 25%

look at house prices in Australia (city) and you will feel better

house prices is always dictated by land value.
basically canada has a lot of land but you dont want to live there

Yep RE prices in Australia take the cake IMO.

Build quality of new homes is also pathetic. Next door neighbours are building right now a 2 story house made of bolsa wood.

This cant possibly be true

yes it does

are you talking about near a city? because obviously near the cities the houses will be more expensive.

Chinks. Not even memeing. They buy up every property tens or even hundreds of thousands over asking because it's a lot safer way for them to park their money than keeping it in China. Half the time they do it with really shady money that they are able to move into the country with impunity. Our government is basically bending over backwards to make it possible for them to launder money to put into property because real estate is the only thing keeping our economy from collapsing harder than the US did in '08. Hell, there are tons of Canadian companies that openly advertise fraudulently obtaining citizenship and evading taxes to Chinese clients and the government does little to nothing about it.

Worse yet, if you ever mention the problem of foreign ownership you are labeled a racist. And it's not the social justice weirdos or even the Chinese leading the battle cry: it's realtor's associations. The same people who have been working with our governments for years to suppress any attempt to study foreign home ownership and its impact on prices cause they know the answer.

TLDR: fuck China and even more than that fuck realtors, the sleazy half-retarded mongoloids.

i live in the usa and every new housing development near me ends up being some shitty ass luxury apartment complex that is expensive as phuck and is only like 33% filled year round

this shit was happening with our retard conservative PM too. i was in university at the time and i swear half the student-body at my campus were chinese international students

Which places in Canada are nice and affordable to live, without being in buttfuck nowhere

>nice and affordable to live
Buttfuck nowhere

>without being buttfuck nowhere
The US

>materials
>Labor
>Building Regulations
>Zoning

like this guy says

this

Took the words eight outta my mouth

Materials, labour, planning, architects, engineers, contractors, sub-motherfucking-lazy-ass-contractors, permits, legal shit, sub scheduling
and basically you are moron with no idea about life.
I'm just glad it costs only this much.