He should've won

Mon Empereur

All the British need to be hanged

The "Terror" was indeed an act of self-defense

Napoleon was the one who ended the Terror, mong

>mong
r u british, sir

Best critique of Jesus, ever, was given by Napoleon:

I see in Lycurgus, Numa and Mohammed only legislators who, having the first rank in the state, have sought the best solution of the social problem but I see nothing there which reveals divinity...nothing announces them divine. On the contrary, there are numerous resemblances between them & myself, foibles and errors which ally them to me and to humanity.
It is not so with Christ. Everything in Him astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me. Beside Him and whoever else in the world, there is no possible term of comparison. He is truly a being by Himself. His ideals and His sentiments, the truths which He announces, His manner of convincing, are not explained either by human organization or by the nature of things.
His birth and the history of His life; the profundity of His doctrine, which grapples the mightiest difficulties, and which is, of those difficulties, the most admirable solution; His Gospel, His apparition, His empire, His march across the ages and the realms, is for me a prodigy, a mystery insoluble, which plunges me into a reverence which I cannot escape, a mystery which is there before my eyes, mystery which I cannot deny or explain. Here I see nothing human. The nearer I approach, the more carefully I examine, everything is above me, everything remains grand—and of a grandeur which overpowers.
His religion is a revelation from an intelligence which certainly is not a man. There is a profound originality, which has created a series of maxims before unknown. Jesus borrowed nothing from our sciences. One can absolutely find nowhere, but in Him alone, the imitation or the example of His life.

Well then, I will tell you. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne and I myself have founded great empires; but upon what did these creations of our genius depend? Upon force. Jesus alone founded His empire upon love, and to this very day millions will die for Him. . . . I think I understand something of human nature; and I tell you, all these were men, and I am a man; none else is like Him: Jesus Christ was more than a man. . . . I have inspired multitudes with such an enthusiastic devotion that they would have died for me . . . but to do this is was necessary that I should be visibly present with the electric influence of my looks, my words, of my voice. When I saw men and spoke to them, I lightened up the flame of self-devotion in their hearts. . . . Christ alone has succeeded in so raising the mind of man toward the unseen, that it becomes insensible to the barriers of time and space. Across a chasm of eighteen hundred years, Jesus Christ makes a demand which is beyond all others difficult to satisfy; He asks for that which a philosopher may often seek in vain at the hands of his friends, or a father of his children, or a bride of her spouse, or a man of his brother. He asks for the human heart; He will have it entirely to Himself. He demands it unconditionally; and forthwith His demand is granted. Wonderful! In defiance of time and space, the soul of man, with all its powers and faculties, becomes an annexation to the empire of Christ. All who sincerely believe in Him, experience that remarkable, supernatural love toward Him. This phenomenon is unaccountable; it is altogether beyond the scope of man's creative powers. Time, the great destroyer, is powerless to extinguish this sacred flame; time can neither exhaust its strength nor put a limit to its range. This is it, which strikes me most; I have often thought of it. This it is which proves to me quite convincingly the Divinity of Jesus Christ.

>Oliver Cromwell reduced Absolute power and slightly increased civil liberties for citizens
>loved throughout England
>Napoleon does the same thing, but on a much larger scale and with even more civil liberties
>REEEEEE HE'S FRENCH HES EVIL REEEEEEE
England was a mistake

It'd be bad domestic policy to let it go on too long

> Cromwell
> Good

200,000 dead civilians and 60,000 taken as slaves.

Civilians aren't people
Nor are slaves

Tbh his Nephew had a better lasting impact on France. Don't get me wrong, I like Nappy 1 a ton, and he did a lot of good and ultimately was a positive influence, but his wars did a number on France's population and ultimately accomplished little in and of themselves.

Nappy 3 revitalized the French economy enough that it was able to remain a great power for the next 60 years or so, despite his regime coming to a violent end.

He's overromanticized but i can't help but like him. He's the epitome of a Great Man and his achievements easily overshadow bad things about him.

However France never really recovered from him. Entire period after Napoleon is searching for a stable form of rulership, something France would not gain for another 50 years. He shook the foundations that hard, not only in France but in whole Europe, visible by explosion of liberal national revolutions in 19th century.

youtube.com/watch?v=SZfKUQ6VUQI&spfreload=10

Vive l'empire d'france
Vive l'Empereur
Vive Napoleon!

>be corsican
>make a lot of french people die
Corsicans must hail him as a hero to this day

I never said he was good

Henlo u stinkyy frog

Dios te maldiga, enano corso!!!!

Happy Birthday

Based

He was too good for this world.

He wasn't a Jacobin.

pls come back

FUCKING KEK FROG

I believe he was accused of being a Jacobin at some point after they got Robespierre, but was spared. A lot of former Jacobins supported his coup just so they could get their revenge on the Directorate.

He was. He almost got guillotined for that, and actually was imprisoned in 1794 after the death of Robespierre. Truly a dangerous time...

Vive l'Empereur

Fuck the ancient regime.

>"Glorious revolution"

Happy birthday Napy!

I traveled in Ireland some years ago, and we had a guidebook to know where to go and what to visit. For every single place there was an anecdote about Cromwell. "Cromwell killed this, Cromwell destroyed that", he seemed to be the devil of the island.
From memory, there were these quotes from him:
About Burren: "This is a poor place, there's not enough trees to hang a man, not enough water to drown a man, and not enough soil to burry a man."
About Irish peasants: "To Connacht or to hell!"
A funny guy, really.

Shit im level 4

I'm glad you're dead you grotesque little dinky-dicked psychopath.

>Trusting the (((Eternal Anglo))) and thinking (((they))) aren't hypocrites by their very nature

Happy birthday generalissimo.