What are some times in ancient history where mobs destroyed statues?

What are some times in ancient history where mobs destroyed statues?

Here's the vandals sacking rome in AD 410

Other urls found in this thread:

theepochtimes.com/n3/3948-commentary-6-on-how-the-chinese-communist-party-destroyed-traditional-culture/full/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USSR_anti-religious_campaign_(1928–1941)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

US-Army destroying Saddam's statues comes to my mind.

>muh ISIS

Every person who tore down a statue thought they were doing it in the name of good. Every generation has their buzzword or meme reason for doing so

It happened in communist china too

theepochtimes.com/n3/3948-commentary-6-on-how-the-chinese-communist-party-destroyed-traditional-culture/full/

This pope who broke the genitals of all the statues of the Vatican because of its morbid prudery. That's why they have a vine leaf in place nowadays.

Cultural "Revolution" was just a purge of all the culture Mao didn't like

Spanish Leftists showing their respect for Spanish Cultural heritage.

Are you sure this isn't from Germany melting its church bells in WW1?

last one for now

maoists removing statues from a Confucian temple on their way to be smashed

>Prudery of the Catholics
Catholics commissioned those works of art. The Prods were the Prudes, and the Catholics only covered their art when called degenerate by Marty and his merry band of Iconoclastic faggots

That one is soviets destroying church bells

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USSR_anti-religious_campaign_(1928–1941)

eh

So you also read the Da Vinci Code? Fuck off, imbecil

>Only thoughtless barbarians and commies destroy monuments
rly activates my almonds

it's true tbqh

Easy for you to judge now.
You all still adore Christianity, ignoring the struggle of people during the enlightenment. Do you think something like America with all it's freedoms would be possible outside a secular word?
What other statues would like to see still standing? Hitler statues? Stalin statues?
It's the same with castles, we like them nowadays, but in the end those were the buildings for the rich who ruled over the lower classes. It was simple people that made the construction of these buildings possible. Their plight and suffering is forgotten while we remember the rulers. Same with great warlords like Alexander the Great, an impressive man but also a mass murderer who killed thousands for no real reason but his glory.

We tend to look at history with a lot of romanticism.

That's still not an excuse to smash all the ancient monuments and cultural heritages like rabid dogs.

Also America is built by Christians (Protestants more precisely), concepts such as humans rights, free will,...etc all have roots in Christianity. I'm not Christian but even I know that.

Typical true Scotsman argument.
Protestantism is a warped form of Christianity that allows for a much more secular world view and more rights. Christians 500 years ago would consider modern Christians to be absolute heretics.
Though I don't want to derail the thread with a discussion about religion.

The point is that we should also remember the crimes committed and the plight of the simple people. But you're right, we should also not smash any monuments. Still, it's easy for us to judge, we are not living under the rule of any of these people, we did not suffer under their hand.