Spain

What factors lead to the decline of Spain as a world power?

The independence of their American colonies and the Spanish-American War

The retarded management of all their colonies, they were all gibs me dat and never showed any desire of improvement over them.

Inflation, economic stagnation, and poor economic policy that caused the population to stagnate.

The gold that the Spanish "found" in the new world wasn't used to develop the country. Nobles wasted it on luxury items and, as a result, other European powers developed faster than Spain.

Leftist aggression in the 1930s.

Nowadays, the richest areas in Spain were traditionally poorer ones that managed to industrialize early (Basque country and Catalonia).

tbqh it's all because their an entire different breed than castillian fucking shits
who /aragon/ here

Catalonia was a very dynamic place already in the Middle Ages with a strong comercial ties around the Med.
Basque Country was poor from a machroeconomic point of view cause it is pretty small and big properties were not as common as in Andalusia or New Castile but, for example, it had a very stong iron-working tradition.

>Be the richest country in the world
>import all the gold
>Whats inflation lol?
>spend all gold on wars for the pope and stupid luxuries
>no need to develop an industrial economy we have infinite gold
>gold runs out
>JUST

If I recall didn't spain have facist government til the 70s? That's probably a good way to not become a world power

They were irrelevant by the 1800s tbqh

This.

1. Rocroi (ended their domination in Europe)

2. Napoleon (humiliated Spain leading to their colonies revolting and seizing independence)

Then the US finished off their remains but they were already irrelevant at that point

Habsburgs destroyed Castile.

War with Holland

taxes
inflation
depopulation

hapsburgs. not even once

First the habsburgs: the kings didnt care at all about the situation of the country, eternal wars that lead to bankrupts and depopulation plus plagues.
Then the bourbons came, the first ones were pretty good kings, reformed the country and its colonies, returned to the navy his old glory, scientific advances, the church had less control over the country etc.
But then came the napoleonic invasion, the british playing in two bands, Fernando VII (the worst king that Spain ever had), the criollos revolting in the colonies with the english support and a long etc.
Basically Spain died in the 19th century.

It's full of spaniards

>this triggers the spaniard

If anything, I've seen argies being triggered by that image.

Catalonia was the mexico of europe from the black death to the 18th century though. And I'm not saying it in a completely meme way it did have violence and banditry issues that threatened to break catalan society as a whole that remember to Mexico and it's cartel problem.

If you're so italian why did your countrymen refuse to adopt italian as the official language, Marziani?

Mason,jews and their puppets

>and never showed any desire of improvement over them
>Le I know nothing the post

Can you remind me what language they speak there?

>poorer ones that managed to industrialize early
The Basque country industrialized later with the introduction of the bessemer process as the region has a lot of iron.
Barcelona industrialized as it had the monopoly of Cuban cottom.When cottom replaced whool as the main textile product the traditionally bigger textile industry from the interior went bankrupt and the Catalan textile industry raised through heavy arancels that they lobbied.
The first regions to truly industrialize in Spain were Malaga and Asturias due the coal mines

Aragon was always a corrupt and inneficient kingdom.It was the reason why the empire felt as it contributed nothing

Not him but there was an intent to make italian the official language at least in Buenos Aires

The thing is that the italian immigrants mostly spoke regional languages instead of italian making the use of spanish as lingua franca between themselves easier. Also the other european immigrants used spanish.

That's why it failed. It's like why americans speak english when most white americans are of german descent

Only Buenos Aires is somewhat italian (and the "italians" that came were terroni niggers from the south) the rest of the country is Bolivia tier.

TOP FUCKING KEK

IRL it's pretty much the opposite. Buenos Aires is full of niggers and the rest of the country isn't, except the northwest provinces.

Imagine if you've got like a massive fucking ant infestation and they're all over the house and inside the walls and you can't get rid of them and they only keep growing in numbers

Now replace ants with silver inflation

That's how the Spanish empire died

dont forget
>lol we have all this silver
>lets mine as much as we can
>do you think there is a reason the brits are buying so much?
>who cares just keep mining

Plus
>'we can just work the natives to death right?'
>'yeah lmao we'll bring in our own poors later, GOD WILLS IT'
>never do that
Spain has maybe the highest native attrition rate/killcount of any of the old powers.

* Republic of the Seven United Netherlands

Francos government saved Spain from becoming a third world eastern european tier country, Francp brought back Spain among the richer european powers.

It was almost bankrupt by the end of the 1950s requiring the combined intervention of the IMF and US pressure to dispense with autarky and adopt more liberal economic policies.
Spain was far behind in its development compared to other Western European states by the end of Franco's reign despite the Spanish miracle

>Spain
>1900s
>world power

To think, Spain could have been a world power rivaling that of what GB and USA turned into but they kept JUSTing themselves.

>‘I am firmly convinced that Spain is the strongest country of the world. Century after century trying to destroy herself and still no success’