How the fuck did these gook rice farmers defeat world's strongest army?

How the fuck did these gook rice farmers defeat world's strongest army?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w3VeKnW9cNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Will

Who?

>be a bunch of angry ass rice farmers
>get supplies from soviets
>only way to lose is for the americans to exterminate all of you
>only way for the americans to halt your numbers growing is through war crimes
>10 years later
>americans realize this war will never end
>people in america have turned against involvement in unwinnable war
>pull out of the war
the end

Will Power

the USA thought they were fighting a normal war and by conquering enemy capital they would win.
It wasn't.
Also they tried anything they could to piss off the locals, so...

who's that ?

Sounds cool.

>conquering enemy capital they would win

Did Burgers conquered Hanoi?

They didn't. America bested them military and kicked their ass in most engagements. America never "lost", they just got tired of the war and pulled out.

>You can't fire me, I quit!

>intervene in Vietnam to prevent Communist takeover of South Vietnam
>Communists take over South Vietnam
>Not a loss
Really activates the almonds

Same way Fritigern defeated the Roman Army.
Same way Washington defeated the British Army.

Durrrrr

Getting tired of a war you started and leaving as the enemy BTFO's your ally is called losing.

What? You clearly know nothing about the Vietnam War so don't post about it.

The Nazis didn't lose the war. They killed a shitload of Russians and then they got tired of the war and went to Argentina.

>W-W-We didn't lose w-w-we just got tired!

what did you expect from bunch of subhuman mongrel Americuck?

Reddit-tier post 2bh.

The US strategy in nam wasn't to capture territory you dingus, it was to kill enemy combatants.

Prove me wrong you Communist shits

It might have been Jordan Peterson who spoke of war as a game, as either an infinite game, or a finite game.

The gooks were fighting an infinite game, and they were bound to win against any opponent who was fighting a limited game.

Simple: South Vietnam was conquered by the North.

Also, I'm not a communist, I'm far right wing.

in the same way a bunch of farmers defeated "world's strongest army" in American Revolutionary War

With a buttload of foreign superpower power support only to be hyped up by future morons as being some miraculous success of guerilla tactics for generations onward?

That's actually quite accurate.

America got bored and went home

shit this made me laugh

Think he is talking about Saigon, they didn't really conquer it.

Because the United States was fighting with no rational goal in mind. The South Vietnamese government was unsustainable and with or without US help it was doomed to fall and be replaced by Minh's communism, not because communism was superior but because Minh was considered a true native Vietnamese and not a foreign puppet. His revolution was for his country's independence, but stained with the ideology of communism.

The point is the US could defeat the NVA in the field, execute the Vietcong in the cities, and still the moment it wasn't propped up by the presence of US forces the South's government would collapse. It was a failed, corrupt entity that never should have existed and was as broadly unpopular as any government has been. It was the Wiemar for the South Pacific.

>Couldn't nuke the Ho Chi Minh trail
>Couldn't nuke North Vietnam
>Couldn't nuke the VC operating in South Vietnam
>Couldn't nuke the Russians or Chinese
>Could run around and wait to get shot at, then call in air support, then repeat until thousands of draftees are dead

Exactly how it is shown in the picture, a Vietcong looking starved halfed to death sitting in a hole somewhere in the jungle with his gun held close to his chest and an unbreakable will to victory in his eyes. There is nothing much you can do about that.

Also I hear often the argument that the US only lost because it didn't want to go into full destruction mode.

That is not true. The US did go into full destruction mode. They threw bombs on Vietnam that is the TNT equivalent of 1000 Hiroshima bombs. They used chemical weapons like Agent Orange. They had almost all ground troops they have stationed there and lost 80.000 soldiers during the war, almost as much as they lost in the pacific side of the second world war. The war cost so much money that the US had to change their fiscal system and abandon the gold standard. The US did everything it could to win this war, and yet they lost against the rice farmer, starved half to death, sitting in a hole with his gun close to his chest and an unbreakable will to victory in his eyes.

But Commies did conquered Saigon. Americans fled and Southern Vietnamese surrendered.

They didn't, they defeated the USA.

>cost 111 bil and 211,454 lives
>bored

Agent orange wasnt a chemical weapon it was a herbicide to kill the undergrowth so guerillas wouldnt have cover from air support. It doesnt even kill instantly it would be a really shit chemical weapon. What it does do is cause chronic health problems and birth defects so yea nasty stuff but not a chemical weapon. Full destruction mode would have involved real chemical weapons, including area denial ones like mustard gas and biological weapons as well and this is assuming full destruction mode does not involve nukes.

>211,454 lives
not american
>111 billion
spread out over 10 years? kek thats fucking nothing

>and abandon the gold standard
are you actually retarded? America went off the gold standard in the fucking 30's

He means silver standard.

northern rice gooks+chinese&soviet aid vs southern rice gooks+american aid until lobbyists forced america to abandon southern vietnam and let the south Vietnamese fight on their own.

>America never "lost", they just got tired of the war and pulled out.

this is the most retarded shit I heard. fucking americans KEKEKE

>so guerillas wouldnt have cover from air support
And peasants wouldn't have food.

It's not a CW by definition but it wasn't meant to be a harmless tool either.

at the end of the day it was american troops and vietnamese troops shooting at eachother.

Amerimutts are retarded

America was fighting a limited war with a budget in mind.

my sides

and whenever it was american troops and vietnamese troops shooting at each other, the burgers won

They did

I love this meme.

I love you user :3

youtube.com/watch?v=w3VeKnW9cNo
Go home GI

QT

How the fuck did these colonial tobacco farmers defeat world's strongest army?

The rice farmers were supported by the USSR and the PRC, which caused the US to avoid actually invading North Vietnam. This meant that the war in South Vietnam was just a matter of applying continuous pressure to US forces and inflicting a steady stream of casualties until the US gave up.

CUTE

I want to say that I'd totally carry a bag of rice over the Ho Chi Minh trail for her... but then I remember that the North Vietnamese committed a bunch of human rights abuses and my hard-on vanishes.
Oh well.

North Vietnam was more advanced than South Vietnam, history demonstrates this

haha sissy round eyes gi

He means Bretton Woods system.

Communist brainwashing made them fight with a savagery and disregard for their life that free Americans could not match.

How is guerilla warfare fighting with "disregard for their life" VC weren't kamikaze

They were.

Just look at what the VC did during the Tet Offensive

B-52's can't fly underground.

It's something about the high humidity meaning they can't get enough lift.

The goal was to please the French, as allies, by assisting in their vietnam colony problem. It kinda spiraled from decisions made a decade before it really ramped up.

The beginning stages of american intervention started in the 50s.
>But why?

Initially because we wanted some quid-pro-quo of some sort with the French. Remember, only a decade before, WWII happened. And then everything spirals.

>Chile starts a war against Bolivia because their British Lords command them
>When the war begins, Bolivia is celebrating the Carnival
>The news about Chilean troops in our Litoral are coming fast, but our president Hilarion Daza decides to keep calm and get ready to defend when Carnival ends
>Isfuckinglate.jpg
>Anyways, we call Peru because we have a secret treaty of alliance signed in 1873
>British Empire see this and joins to help chile
>Bolivia lose first and is afk
>Peru is mad and stays thinking he can do something alone
>Chilean troops step in Lima
>Now Peru is in middle of a civil war and their oligarchy is fucked up, Chilean's troops pillage everything
>In the end they get a military government after 2 years of the chilean occupation
We wuz North Americanz and shiiiiet before vietnam

CONT.

In 1956 thru 1960, we had 9 dead americans in Vietnam. In 1964 we have 118 dead americans. In 1967, we had 11,153 dead americans. More than the years 1956 - 1966 combined.

>Implying America couldn't have just glassed the whole fucking region to rice flakes.

is this really a period photo, or even from vietnam? i'm no expert but the fashion seems real out of place

Pretty much this. Popular insurgencies are pretty much impossible to stop without Nazi style tactics.

LET ME TELL YOU
ABOUT VIETNAM
>in 1984, a Chinese regiment was ordered to capture a mountain inside the Vietnamese border
>after a few nights sitting on it, all wire communications are cut and several platoons are sent forward to scout and vanish
>realizing the forward positions are already dead, the artillery pumps fire into them until nothing moves
>the next night the Vietnamese do it again
>Chinese artillery is really jumpy and multiple companies fire into a suspicious ravine, stopping after an hour without response
>two hours later the Vietnamese attack out of the ravine, and after seven hours the attached artillery has fired 10,000 rounds, running out of ammo
>at this point the Vietnamese control the mountain summit
>the Chinese rush up nearly 500 trucks full of ammunition and every gun opens on the mountain, expending everything until the barrels are too hot to fire and the mountain is several inches shorter
>there are six surviving Vietnamese from the attacking battalion, who have to be forcibly removed by the entire regiment
>one of the six is captured and explains that earlier shelling of the ravine had killed every officer in the unit, but "the wounded did not scream" and no communications were sent in case it spoiled the reconnaissance by force
>at this precise moment the actual Vietnamese attack started
>days later they come to an agreement to remove the bodies
>the Vietnamese Red Cross detachment walks to the crest, sets up an anti-aircraft gun, and starts shooting into the Chinese recovery teams

>defend your home
>some kid on Veeky Forums calls you "gook rice farmer"

No wonder people of truth are always despised and fought. Jesus could come and tell you the truth and you'd just stand there "lol go away you middle eastern sandman"

While the Viets that defended their country should be hailed as warriors and heroes. They're not. They're not blonde or possess shiny uniforms such as the Nazis. Not worth obsessing over.

Vietnamese are the most based soldiers in modern history

>Yet ANOTHER Vietnam thread
Yawn, next.

Whitey is shit at jungle wars.

>>the Vietnamese Red Cross detachment walks to the crest, sets up an anti-aircraft gun, and starts shooting into the Chinese recovery teams
I bet you think the japs were pretty based too

apart from that I mean

>defeat world's strongest army
they didn't defeat the army (military), they defeated their war's political machine in the US.

And did they defeat the US military in the process? No.

The Murricans didn't even get to Hanoi
how come its a military victory unless the objective is to stack up a pile of gooks

Ironically stacking gook corpses to the ceiling was our only real goal

Tell that to the Australians.

Burgers are shit at jungle wars but Australians are based

they lived there, the american soldiers did not.

MAX POWER's brother.

They were fighting for something and the Americans weren't. Read Sun Tzu, faggot

>How the fuck did these gook rice farmers defeat world's strongest army?
i don't remember Vietnamese fighting with Red Army

Both Vietnam and NK are communists but why one becomes top 10 in rice exporting and the other one starves to half-death all the time?

Because one embraces the Juche

If you're talking about the shitty economic post-war, it's okay, shit happens while we're in sanction
If you're talking about re-education camps, look up Tiger cages in Vietnam (or Chuồng cọp Côn Đảo).

They started it

Who cares, they won the war. Winning a battle means fuck all if it doesn't help you towards winning the war.

>How the fuck did these people defeat world's strongest army?

Constant supplies from the yankees, the country is made up on rugged mountains with plenty of caves and underground tunnels.
Its basically like trying to invade switzerland with a land army. wont work because of the make up of the country (and the fact that every swiss ive ever known was a marksmen, hobby hunter and general badass when it came to surviving in the mountains)

Read Clausewitz you fucking mong

Because Vietnam does China-style communism which is more of a one party dictatorship with a lot of capitalist free market elements.

lmao fucking subhuman Americucks being this delusional

Having a war criminal waifu is a massive boner inducer you fucking sissy selfgenociding non-man

LBJ and his advisors did not want to win.

They didn't conquer any capitals.