Men in history that people revere but who were actually evil people

men in history that people revere but who were actually evil people

Thomas jefferson was a worse person than all these confederates that liberals whine about it. He fucked his slave sally hemings when she was 14 multiple times. in fact, he inherited sally hemings from a slave master who raped sally hemings's mother(whom sally hemings is a product of)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_Hemings
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Hemings

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5V6GHnxEJjg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>He fucked his slave

Raped. He raped his slave(s).

Caesar comes to mind.

Hemings went with him to France where slavery was illegal and could have simply walked away from him and been a free woman yet chose to stay with him and act as his wife in all but name.

Also, people revere him because of his writings and his contributions to the formation of the United States. None of those are diminished because of his personal failings.

>Implying that Jefferson-Hemings isn't the greatest love story ever told

youtube.com/watch?v=5V6GHnxEJjg

>Caesar comes to mind.

Please elaborate.

>Hemings went with him to France where slavery was illegal and could have simply walked away from him and been a free woman yet chose to stay with him and act as his wife in all but name.
Kidnapping victims act like that sometimes.

>Jefferson getting prime ebony tang

ugh, why is this bad?

A slave cannot consent because of the nature of their status as slaves makes it impossible. They have no personal agency, they are at the whims of their master.

Even if you ignore the slave aspect, having sex with a 14 year old girl multiple times when you're a grown man is wrong

>believed democracy was a disease
>traded slaves but gets remembered as the antislavery founding father
>played role in attempted coup of continental Congress led by richest man in the country, Robert Morris
>wanted America to be run by an alliance of the military and wall street
>used national bank to enrich himself and his friends
It's no wonder he's so popular among liberals.

Well that and he was black, or mixed-race at the least.

He should been hung alongside Adams.

He would take Sally to France where she wasn't a slave, she could've walked away or said something to a police officer and didn't. They loved each other and he freed all of her children upon his death.

Thomas Jefferson hated slavery and (unsuccessfully) tried to end it during his presidency but failed because he didn't have any support. He successfully ended the slave trade though.

He also obtained most of his slaves from his wife's father when he passed away, but also acquired his debts. I think it was 1793 when a law was passed that made it so if you free your slaves and you had debts, your debtors could seize the slaves.

I suggest you at least skim a Thomas Jefferson bio before posting nonsense like this next time.

>

You're right, but to act like you would think that way in the 1700's is bullshit. That's kind of the main thing about criticism of the founding father's. It may seem like a cop out but certain stuff was just the norm and nobody could comprehend it any other way. Like the fact that there are slaves in Thomas More's Utopia

>Yeah dude, she could have just left behind her entire family, to live in France, a country currently have a civil war during this time, with no money whatsoever, it would have been that easy!!!!!!!!

Who are you quoting 'dude'?

She wouldn't have had any money if she were a freed slave in America either. If she were being beaten and raped I think staying in France would have clearly been a better life for her.

If you had a choice between being poor for a short period of time and being raped daily you would choose the latter?

He's memeing about your first point, while yes staying in France would be an ideal solution she would probably never see her family again and be surrounded by people whom she has no connections with and she most likely didn't know how to speak the language.

While staying in France wouldn't be bad, staying in America was the best choice.

Staying in America was the best choice because she wasn't being beaten and raped. If she was, she obviously would have stayed in France.

You can honestly say if you were being raped daily you wouldn't get out of it if being in France for a little bit was your only way out?

Sally Hemings spoke French.

>says he was evil
>goes on to explain he was alpha

What did he mean by this?

It's like I stumbled across the "21st century American morals and mindsets should apply to the entire globe, across all cultures and time periods" board. Bunch of fucking mental midgets in here. Damn.

It was the norm a couple decades ago in most places, not centuries. Feminists have really rewritten history.

t.Aaron Burr

I would try and runaway in a place where I would possibly have more of a support system and connections, if that didn't work then yeah I would run away in France.

My fault, didn't know that.

There is no evidence that Jefferson was abusive to Sally.