Did subsaharans ever develop a calendar? Did they have a concept of time?

Did subsaharans ever develop a calendar? Did they have a concept of time?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_calendar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_calendar

Hamites don't count.

Why?

>Did they have a concept of time?

He's moving goalposts, 's'all.

It is well known that subsaharans do not have a concept of time. They live forever in the now and are fully enlightened beings.

>did they have a concept of time

I know that many african languages lack words to describe time and space.

Ethiopians are not all related to Bantus. Also, it's common knowledge that African languages did not acknowledge the concept of time.

>Did subsaharans ever develop a calendar? Did they have a concept of time?
How else would they have known which day was welfare check day each month? Idiot.

Why do you think Bantu = the rest of Sub-Saharan Africa, when West Africans outnumber them? No, despite the fact that they speak in the same language family, they are not closely related. That's like saying all Indo-European speakers are fucking Indian, it does not fucking fly.

niggers aren't sentient creatures.

I'm gonna need some sauce on that fact m8

Everyone who farmed had a calendar

Time is pretty important for most people

Can answer more questions if you want

t. Nigerian

What's the indigenous nigerian calendar called?

Why the fuck are there so many Africa threads today?

That...is complete nonsense.
Not all africans are bantu. Hell, most aren't.

It's the continent with the richest history.

Someone posts something about something and then someone else makes a thread about something he tough of while reading the other thread, and that's how we get Veeky Forums being absolutely filled with threads about the same thing every day.

>Not all africans are bantu. Hell, most aren't.
Racially bantu.

There's multiple calendars dude. We have over 300 tribes. My ethnic group's calendar is 13 months long, with 91 4-day weeks.

There is no such thing as a "Bantu" race.

What's it called?

Kojoda

>t. bantu

Volta-Niger actually

Thanks

Dude, the Ishango bone is one of the oldest counters of time on earth

>The Ishango bone is a bone tool, dated to the Upper Paleolithic era. It is a dark brown length of bone, the fibula of a baboon,[2] with a sharp piece of quartz affixed to one end, perhaps for engraving. It was first thought to be a tally stick, as it has a series of what has been interpreted as tally marks carved in three columns running the length of the tool. It has also been suggested that the scratches might have been to create a better grip on the handle or for some other non-mathematical reason.[3]

>a bone with some scratches on it
Are you serious nigger?

That's not how language even works.
>Did they have a concept of time?
what

>That's not how language even works.
You're right, I forgot niggers communicate with clicks and grunts.

THIS is how they kept time. LOL

ooga booga

Not him, but ethiopians and specially ancient ethiopians belong more to the semitic milieu than to any african ethos. They're still black of course, but since I'm not racist I understand that this is irrelevant and to be honest being black doesn't put them in the cultural groups that come to people's minds when they say "sub-saharan". They're clearly talking about west africa and maybe the south but they're ignorant about the continent beyond the factUSA that berbers and arabs live in the North.

*blocks your path*

I'm African. AMA.

We did have a concept of time

/poltard come in here to try and prove Africans dont have a concept of time

Gets Btfoed, most likely is going to try and move the goalpost.

Thats some amazing artwork on those clothes.

Since you are an actual nigerian gotta ask.
Why is Nigera the scamming capital of africa and why is it that Nigerians are named as the most violent crooks by other africans ( i work with 2 dudes from ghana and one from mozambique)

Actual african or american negro.
Big difference, I always laugh when american blacks call themselves african and call for an exodus to africa.
They would get eaten alive in Africa.(not literaly)

>Sub-Saharan Africa
> Welfare

Fuck, you guys are dumb.

im a mix of bantu and nilote from east africa

The Igbo have a calendar, but then again they're so known as the "the Jews of Nigeria" according to other Nigerians.

Are you just looking to prove a point about "advancedness"? It's gonna be hard, to, since the only areas of Africa I'd call completely undeveloped post-middle ages would be the sub-Congo-sub-zimbabwe region. If you push back to classical era then you see the Congo and South Africa in general, with west Africans trading gold and slaves to the romans and East Africans trading on the Indian Ocean

If Bantus are only 2,500 years old, what makes you think every other non-East African is Bantu? Most West Africans, Sahel Africans, and Nilo-Saharans have no Bantu ancestry.

On the whole? No they didn't. African blacks are generally dumb and incapable of grasping advanced concepts.

what do you think whenever you see posts lile this spitted out?

They're literally below the equator. Madagascar people are closer to Austronesians than other Africans, but because they're below the Sahara guess what they're called?

I remind them that Incas were superior to europeans.

It's sapient, not sentient. Thanks for proving that you're less intelligent that me, an actual "nigger".

>Khoisan
>black

Japanese lacks the future tense, do you think they can't comprehend the future?