Can we agree that Americans were the bad guys in the Pacific War?

Can we agree that Americans were the bad guys in the Pacific War?

Other urls found in this thread:

susannaives.com/wordpress/2012/04/an-american-view-on-the-opium-wars-from-1850-part-i/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niihau_incident
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That was literally the only theatre in which Americans were the good guys.

They really werent tho
Americans literally genocided millions of Japs civilians by purpotedly targeting them in thousands of firebomb raids from 1942 to 1945
Meanwhile, Japs never once bombed an US city

No, because us Americans won WW2 along with our other allies, and thus, us Americans deserve the right to be called the good guys since we wrote the history. And the winners, who are also good guys, write the history. So before you come on here with your little Jap cartoons sympathizing for losers, you should probably redirect yourself to /pol/ since they seem to worship the losers more often there than the winners here, who of course, as I said before, writes the history.

See what I'm saying here, kiddo? This board is for winners, not losers. So uh, nothin' personell or anything but you're on the wrong board.

Take your weeb shit elsewhere. US had to put a stranglehold on the Japs resources to prevent them from raping and burning unchecked all across the Pacific.

>What is Nanking?
>What is Unit 731?

The Japs deserved it.

Talk shit, get hit.

Simple as that.

Not american

>Nanking
>USA
kek
Also Unit 731 is a very little issue in WW2.

>Meanwhile, Japs never once bombed an US city
What nice guys. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the US being out of range of Japanese bombers.

>A fire balloon (風船爆弾 fūsen bakudan, lit. "balloon bomb"), or Fu-Go (ふ号[兵器] fugō [heiki], lit. "Code Fu [Weapon]"), was a weapon launched by Japan during World War II. A hydrogen balloon with a load varying from a 15 kg (33 lb) antipersonnel bomb to one 12-kilogram (26 lb) incendiary bomb and four 5 kg (11 lb) incendiary devices attached, it was designed as a cheap weapon intended to make use of the jet stream over the Pacific Ocean and drop bombs on American and Canadian cities, forests, and farmland.
lol

They "bombed" USA with some crappy balloons though.

Strategic bombing was a mistake. Firebombing Tokyo, where you can be sure that the tens of thousands of people you're killing are not able-bodied men ready to serve at the front lines, was horrendous. Allies did extremely disreputable shit during the course of WW2.

Imperial Japan, however, were not only completely careless of human life, they were also cruel about it. They did some fucking awful things to China, and sure they didn't directly commit any mass atrocities at the US, but that's simply because they couldn't, not because they were all moral and shit.

In what way does unchecked aggressive expansion and perpetuation of literal crimes against humanity translate intoJapan being the good guys?
>Japs wuz gud bois, dey dindu nuffin!
It's called Total War, tard-o, look it up.
>implying you can narrow complex international wars into black and white, "Good guys and Bad guys," or the Pacific theater wasn't as close as you can get to that
I know being a contrarian weeb sound cool, you being 12 and all, but the IJA sucked, and was bad. They were completely out of control and did some real bad shit.

Stop shitting up Veeky Forums with your absurd revisionism.

t.weeaboo as fuck

>Invade, steal, massacre, rape, etc across Asia for no reason
>They dindu nuffin!!!!

?

>No reason
They had reasons; muh autarky

*no good reason

> Americans were the bad guys in the Pacific War
this possessed lizard disagrees

Firebombing and the atomic bombs were horrific.
Japanese conduct in China, the Philippines, and other occupied territories was also horrific.

Chinks arent humans
Japs never masscred human civilians

Japs aren't humans.
Americans never massacred human civilians.

See where this kind of logic ends up?

No one said Japs were the good guys, OP just said that Americans were the bad guys
Japs were, let's say, the okay guys

>Japs invade mainland Asia to free the yellow man from white oppression
>Mostly welcomed as heroes, but few rebels in China cause problems and have to be put down
>Suddenly whitey from America attacks
>Bombs civilians en mass and even go to the point of nuking Japan to get an unconditional surrender and make the country their eternal bitch instead of accepting conditional one
>Murricunts then restore French and British colonization in Asia

And somehow America are the goof guys...

>Japs never once bombed an US city
Yeah, Pearl Harbour never happened

>but muh military base
It was but a part of a US island in which suffered also civilians and buildings.

>in which suffered also civilians and buildings.

Fun fact: the very few civilians (in the dozens) who died at Pearl Harbout died when US anti-aicraft shells fell back on habitations

>Japs rape and pillage their way through mainland Asia for no discernible reason
>Mostly met with lukewarm resentment as conquerors, except for in China where they took advantage of ongoing political instability, made things 100000x worse for the next half century and killed millions
>Suddenly for no apparent reason they attack America out of the blue and instantly regret it
>America mobilizes, breaks Japan's self-destructive imperialist attitude and rebuilds Japan into one of the largest economic powerhouses of the latter half of the 20th century instead of the crappy island junta it was on track to become.
>Other nearby nations get the idea of provoking America so that they can be rebuilt in the same fashion, but accidentally end up winning.

Several were wounded, and one committed suicide after capturing a downed Japanese pilot. I can't be assed to look up the guy's name since I'm in the car but it's pretty neat, worth looking into.

They are the single most genocidal people ever to have tainted the Earth. They have been wrong in everything they have done and when the little people get a chance to strike back, even in a small way like the sir commando

dresden

You are right, Pearl Harbour never happened just like the Holocaust.

That's literally not what that movie's about, at all. It's about Japan's stupid stubbornness during the war.

That was Britain doing the area bombing.

>millions
350,000 actually. Nice try, though. You slant-eyed fuck.

This, the japanese military was more fucking insane than the SS

Unit 731 did nothing wrong and they made massive contributions to modern medicine.
The United States agrees with me :^)

That's not what it's about. It was about Japan stupidly taking on more than they could handle when they attacked the US, and then not realizing their mistake. The kid is stupid and stubborn and ends up getting his sister killed because his aunt hurt his pride.

Im not seeing how its any different. The stubburn people in japan were the military.

It's not about the atrocities the military committed, it's about the fact that they had to get nuked twice before surrendering.

Yeah, thats what I meant. The military was stubburn as fuck. Thats what I was sayin' senpai.

t. Tojo Nobunaga

You know America could have just invaded the home islands killing millions more Japanese and splitting the country in two between America and the USSR just like what happened to Germany.

>and splitting the country in two between America and the USSR just like what happened to Germany.
Yeah, because the Soviets would totally be mounting a successful invasion with that huge fleet they didn't have and the considerable difficulty they had taking the fucking Kurils which had about 1/20th the defenses as even Hokkaido.

Wait so after japan declares war on the US, and bombs pear harbor we were supposed to do what? Surrender?

We should've never stopped after the second nuke.

>and one committed suicide after capturing a downed Japanese pilot

What?

Fight them without bombing their civilians to death
Your own civilians werent being bombed, so it's not like you even needed to retaliate like that....

>it's a "Axis apologist not knowing what words mean" episode

>only able bodied men who can serve on the front line play any part of a nation's war machine

Please explain how to do so, with 1940s technology.

talk shit
get hit

By fighting on the battlefield only, and accept a conditional ceasefire once you had defeated them on every island but Japan

You werent entitled to needing to conquer Japan just because they had bombed one of your military bases years ago
Not every war has to be a total war ending with the take over of the enemy country

>>implying you can narrow complex international wars into black and white, "Good guys and Bad guys,"
>the IJA sucked, and was bad

OK. Can we get the Japanese to agree to this plan too?

>By fighting on the battlefield only, and accept a conditional ceasefire once you had defeated them on every island but Japan

Which means that the war will drag on for YEARS longer, until you have driven them out of
>All of Indonesia
>Burma
>Malaya, (incl. Singapore)
>The Solomon Islands
>Truk
>New Britain
>Those outlying Philippine Islands
>Mainland China.
>The Kurils.
>Korea
>Taiwan
>Vietnam
>Siam

How long do you think that would take? How many civilians, especially in the local areas (You were losing over 100,000 Chinese a month in the later stages of the war) will die because you're afraid to get your hands dirty? What makes their lives worth less than the Japanese ones, who after all, are the enemy?

And if you're not dismantling the government that started this shit, how do you know that this won't happen again after they've had a chance to build up again? After all, Japan rampaged through Asia for about a decade before America got involved, and initially reluctantly at that. They could easily conclude from a limited peace that the U.S. isn't *really* interested in Asia, and they can start kicking over people again.

So what if Japan rampages through China? What reason does the US have to play word police over conflicts that don't involve them in any way? Let the asians sort out the shit in Asia.

Hi Hiro
You seemed to have gotten a better handle on your English

For starters, you have that treaty friendship and considerable U.S. economic interests in China that goes back to before the war, and in the defense of started the freezing of assets and embargoes that ultimately drives Japan into attacking Pearl Harbor.

Secondly, you do in fact have Pearl Harbor. That makes China a co-belligerent immediately, and then a full ally. And of course, I love how you ignore all those other places that the Japanese overran, several of which are possessions of European powers that are historically quite friendly with the U.S.

But America should just let that slide, let all those people die.

> What reason does the US have to play word police over conflicts that don't involve them in any way?
Are you retarded?

>>What reason does the US have to play word police over conflicts that don't involve them in any way?
>Are you retarded?
No, I was posing a rhetorical question. I am well aware the US is an imperialistic, murderous state of savages with a history that is just as if not more filthy than the regimes it demonises in media.

So, yes, you are retarded. Glad to have that cleared up. I especially like your moral condemnation of the U.S. for actually saving net lives of non-aggressor countries. Really gets the old neurons firing.

noone was following the geneva convention for about 30 years in China by the time Nanking happened.

Because the US totally went in there because their pure virtuous nature couldn't let them tolerate how badly the innocent people of China were being treated. Which is why they totally didn't ally themselves with the same people who fought the Chinese in the Opium Wars.

the japanese would have agreed to a conventional peace in late 1943. The Am*ricans can't get their head around such a ceasefire.

this, americunts didn't give one shit about china, in 45 they didn't bother to interfere in a slaughter that would continue for another 4 years.

[citation needed]

Oh, so now it's the intent of the policymakers that's the important part? Well then, why is the conduct of the war in any way relevant at that point? Fight solely on the battlefield, or bomb civilians, who cares? What's important is about making the Pacific free and safe for all, and that's a good thing, right?

>What's important is about making the Pacific free and safe for all
Which was never the intention of the American Empire, you fucking idiot. Their plan in Asia and now the middle east has always been the same plan of divide and conquer that the post-colonial powers had in Africa.

You're right. It totally was our fault that your industry was mostly based out of home machine shops and small business based in commercial sectors.

>few rebels in china cause problems
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go back to your anime waifus Tojo

> they didn't directly commit any mass atrocities at the US

They committed mass atrocities against American POWs for sure

>Opium Wars
>80 years before Pearl Harbour

It's another Axis Lives Matter thread.

>Which was never the intention of the American Empire, you fucking idiot
I don't think you know what an "empire" is. You might want to consult a dictionary. What America is is a hegemony. But of course, your rabid Americaphobia probably won't let you admit that the U.S. is anything other than Satan incarnate, so I don't really think there's a point in discussing this with you further. Good day.

>Their plan in Asia and now the middle east has always been the same plan of divide and conquer that the post-colonial powers had in Africa.
uh-huh. You of course have proof for this grand sweeping statement of generational policy, I'm sure.

I guess bullying China is perfectly fine as long as you're part of America's murder-and-conquest circlejerk squad. Dumbass Japs forgot to hand in their application.

susannaives.com/wordpress/2012/04/an-american-view-on-the-opium-wars-from-1850-part-i/

>bullying

Jap sympathisers keep saying this about Japan's actions. Are they actually that disingenuous to claim that mass murder, rape, torture, human experimentation with vivisection, use of biological weapons etc etc, is just "bullying", or is it projection based on them being weebs who spent most of school with their head in a toilet?

Ehhh, No.

Japs are the bad guys.

>it's okay when the anglos and russians do it ;)

why does this fucking anime look like it was made in the 1980's
Also, no, OP is retarded

>Grave of the Fireflies (1988)
What did he mean by this?

Oh, I thought some anime came out recently about the bombing of japan? I guess I got it confused.

A complete non answer. No one claims those things were "bullying".

>I get triggered by the specific vernacular of Veeky Forums which employs playful irony when describing things of a darker tone
Why is a newfag like you even posting instead of lurking?

It's literally only Jap sympathisers who post it in Japan dindu nuffin threads.

And what kind of memeterm do you have for the kind of retards who are so historically illiterate they genuinely believe the Americans and their buttbuddies are saintly knights of selfless virtue? Or do you not have one because you're one of those faggots who is perfectly content with bullshit being spewed as long as it conforms to your biases?

>all this sperging over failing to pass off mass slaughter as "bullying"

>still getting triggered by "bullying"
lurk more newfag

Who the fuck said americans were saints?

>keeps posting rants about how everyone but Japan is evil
>I'm the triggered one

Lol

Americans did

The US should've nuked the shit out of Japan. Once all of those Nips are dead, they could've easily have moved in and claimed those islands as a forward base. Nothing would've been lost except for anime and weaboos which is a good thing.

No, but we should all be able to agree that watching a young girl die for an entire movie is not a good use of time.

Name two significant contributions by Unit 731 to modern medicine.

He was an inhabitant of the island of Japanese decent, and attempted to help the Pilot escape. After the Pilot was killed in a struggle with locals, he turned his shotgun on himself rather than be caught and A)Lynched or B)Tried for treason

From what I understand the incident was a big motivator for the set up of the internment camps.

Why the fuck did that dipshit help the Jap pilot out?

Hahaha, you're so wrong and dumb. Shit man, they tried to fucking kill the Emperor when he decided 2 nukes was enough, you mental fucking pygmie.

*at fighting. They were a disorganized mess. The only thing they did worth a shit was defense in depth.

He was Japanese, 2nd generation. I don't know man, why did Americans of German descent go fight for the Reich?

You just said it; 2nd generation. If it was 1st generation, I might understand a little bit though it doesn't justify it. But if you're 2nd gen Jap-American, you should tell that foreign pilot to back the fuck off and keep his hands up while the authorities arrive.

The authorities were trapped on the main island, the whole ordeal went on for several days. It's called the Niihau incident, here's the Wikipedia page.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niihau_incident

It's crazy stuff.