Let's settle this once and for all. What race were the ancient egyptians? No pol answers please

Let's settle this once and for all. What race were the ancient egyptians? No pol answers please.

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/articles/ncomms15694
jstor.org/stable/4282605?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
archive.fo/LmsLe
youtube.com/watch?v=-tVTEyuCKn4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i;m thinking about thos pharohs

The same people that live in Egypt now, stop with these shitty racebait threads it's ruining this board. Who fucking cares faggot

Not white but sure as fuck not Western African black. More than likely "middle eastern" as we know.

How many fucking times do we need to have this thread.
250 posts of people arguing about whether light brown skin is white or not.

>The same people that live in Egypt now
Populations change over time...

No.

Depends on dynasty, geographical location and culture of a given region within the area which we denote as Egypt.
There were Greeks, those indigenous to the area, those from the middle east and sub-Saharan Africans.

Are modern day americans descended from native americans?

No, they're descended mostly from African niggers. But anyway you're acting that just because population changed in one country it must apply to every country.

Do you think modern anatolians descend from the hittites? Do you think modern persians descend from the elamites? Do you think modern Japanese descend from the Ainu?

>Do you think modern anatolians descend from the hittites?
Largely, yes.

Then the diagnostic is clear: you're mentally retarded.

>mad faggot

They were hwite

Japanese, why the fuck not

This is now a Ptolemy thread.
Also depends on the dynasty.

They were fucking Egyptian

Ask yourself this; what race was 1990's United States?

Why do people have such a hard time accepting that ancient Egyptians looked essentially the same as modern Egyptians?

Because they're too busy furiously masturbating (but denying the fact) to the thought of niggers and/or sandniggers raping everyone.

What happened since 1998 that this suddenly became such a contentious topic?

Rape babies are a meme outside of Central Asia and parts of Latin America.

Race didn't exist for the ancient Egyptians. Racial identity (white, black, yellow, etc) is a fairly recent invention.

Didn't some Romans Express contempt towards Germanic for how pale they were? Or at least mock them for it?

>this meme again

Thats not racial. Being tanned was propably just fashion or more prestigious.

>MUUUUHH HORSERIDING MONGURRLTURKOO HURRITAGE

Spotted the cockroach, they always get triggered when you remind them they're just swarthy hittito-greek rape babies converted to islam

the pharaos were birds you retarded dirt-walkers

birds you hear me

Modern egyptians are mostly similar to Egyptians from 5000 years ago.
There's slightly more European and Subsaharan admixture that there was 5000 years ago and thats pretty much it

Absurd.

Great argument. You really showed him.

Do I also need to prove that the earth is not flat?

You need to put at least some effort into it, yes.

DNA evidence is absurd? Egypt is historically one of the most populous places on earth, its not really a stretch that a generally culturally homogeneous, populous region's DNA presence would weather a few invasions and regime changes over the millenia

No, which is exactly why you have to present an argument. Scholarly consensus says the Egyptians were roughly genetically similar over thousands of years. Its a pretty well accepted academic consensus.

Different population, same place. It's a new world thing. Still the population didn't change over time, it was anihilated in a brief (historically speaking) time and others moved there undisturbed.

Define pol answers

All right, all right.

nature.com/articles/ncomms15694

Ancient egyptians were closer to modern day jordanians than to modern egyptians, who have been "berberized" and "africanized". I guess copts could be similar to ancient egyptians, dunno if there have been studies about that.

But... no. See above.

Yes. They also called them animals and more than one actively rejected assimilated germanics, they wanted them to go back to scythia.

Also:

>Egypt is historically one of the most populous places on earth
Its population was 3 million in 1800.... no comment. Fucking Belgium was more populated at that time.

which is why I said "roughly"
a slight increase in the african admixture of Egypt does not constitute a significant difference. I also find it interesting you ignore the increase of DNA from Europe and the Asia.
I don't think you ever said ancient Egyptians were white but I'll posit that modern Jordanians certainly aren't classically "white" and represent a very similar pigment and craniometric gradient with Egyptians in comparison to other more distant gene pools.

1800? Really? In the last 5000 years Egypt has most definitely represented one of the more populated regions in the world.
What was the population of Belgium in 1000 BC???

I never claimed they were white, I claimed that modern egyptians are not related to ancient egyptians, because lo and behold demographic changes DO happen over 5000 years. Likewise modern Britons probably have a lot different genome than Britons 5000 years ago.

>1800? Really?
Yes, the population of Egypt, when Napoleon did the first census of the country, was roughly 3 million. The population of Belgium at that time was roughly 4 million.

Populations were very low all over the world until the industrial revolution, with the exception of India and China.

No I mean "You chose the year 1800? Really?"
Egypt has thousands of years of history as a population center. The year 1800 is hardly representative ESPECIALLY since Egypts population in 1800 was the literally lowest it had been in millenia.
jstor.org/stable/4282605?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

>No I mean "You chose the year 1800? Really?"
Well yes, I was talking about modern day egyptians.

>The year 1800 is hardly representative ESPECIALLY since Egypts population in 1800 was the literally lowest it had been in millenia.
My point exactly. Demographics changes all the time. Populations expand, mingle, contract, etc. To claim that population X has been living unchanged at the exact same place for the past 5 millenia is incredibly retarded.

Ok, I didn't think you claimed that, however I don't accept the comparison to Briton. Its different circumstances, however that being said I've never seen any data on modern vs ancient population comparisons of Briton.

>however that being said I've never seen any data on modern vs ancient population comparisons of Briton.
Pretty much what you'd expect, pretty much a complete replacement of the hunter gatherers by neolithic farmers, and then a healthy dose of yamnaya cucking. The britons who built stone henge are very marginally the ancestors of modern day britons.

Levantines.

You never mde that argument at all. You just put a number out there to try and disprove my claim that Egypt was populous. We aren't talking about modern day egyptians, we're talking about modern and ancient egyptians. Egypts population over time is absolutely been high in proportion to its neighbors...y'know the people who actually could potentially mix their DNA with Egyptians? that was my point. Also, if 1800 represents "modern egyptians" then you can't claim "demographics change all the time" on top of it. The population in 1800 doesn't represent a population that can mix with other because you present it as "modern." You'd have to correlate that low population with an actual/theoretical gene-flow event (ie Arab invasions, dominations by Persians/Greeks) which you haven't. (Does Napoleon's invasion count in your mind?).
>To claim that population X has been living unchanged at the exact same place for the past 5 millenia is incredibly retarded.
Which is why I said "roughly"...which is in line with prominent Egyptologists and geneolgiests such as Kemp, Lovell, and Yurco, and cranioligists Keita and Terrazas

Dna study has been done and ancient Egyptian are of eastern European and Turkish decent. The people living in Egypt now have been proven to be Arab not true Egyptian.

"Turkish" and "Arab" are cultural terms buddy

Basically Southern European and Levantine mix
archive.fo/LmsLe

That explains why Yugi is descended from te Egyptian pharaoh :
HE WAS KANGZ THIS WHOLE TIME, AND IT WAS RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES

>Keita
opinion discarded.

man, are you seriously comparing?

Egypt was a high developed civilization, well armed, with largely populated cities

A more suitable comparison would be the Aztecs and Modern Mexicans. Although the culture died out and diseases and wars against the Spanish caused a mass genocide, modern Mexicans preserve in themselves the phenotype of the native population. Of course there is a caucasoid here and there, but they are largely native-looking.

They were most defiantly of Middle eastern, North African and even European origin. Recent studies have shown that they are all of these ethnicities.

>scythia

lmao you been reading some ghetto history?

Identity politics and the internet

Second from the left is the Queen that slaays right?

It was right in front of us this whole time

Truthly reminder

It would be reasonable to assume every dynasty besides the 25th (Kush, debatably black) and the Ptolemaic (Greek, debatably white) were native North African, neither black or white.

Which Ancient Egypt? It's a period of almost 3000 years. 3000 fucking years

>mfw Slavs were Egyptians this whole time

sometimes

in the case of egypt it would be impossible, it was the most highly and densely populated place in the world, a small greek elite(ptolemanoid dynasty) a small roman elite(romen empire) and a small bunch sandnigger tribes, cannot, by any stretch of the imagination replace the people there

they might have mixed in with them, but not replace them

Ancient Egyptians are largely the same race as the people who live there now. Though the population has seem some mixture over the years, particularly from arabs. Wether you could call them white is up to you, if you think current middle eastern peoples are white, then sure so where the ancients egyptians. They were of course not black. In the very south of egypt there did live some Nubians who by any reasonable definition are black. There was one dynasty of pharaohs in Egyptian history of Nubian descent, do with that fact whatever you like.

Eh no. Not really.

@op
meds, brownish euro mulattos pretty much, extremly inbred too. Blacks were either slaves or mercenaries in egyptian culture for the most part.

Eastern meds

7-15 is as much as the region of todays germany had throughout the middle ages. France and russia were sitting at around 20 million during the middle ages.
But the population density on the other hand was probably huge in egypt compared to these other regions

Cleopatra was white

He's pretty old. He could have been alive when the pharaohs were out and about so I would trust him above anything else.

WE

Phoenician and later they were Macedonian and Greek. Now they are Arabs.

Populations change demographics.

Speaking of South Africa it was unpopulated, majority Dutch, majority Dutch and English and now majority black.

South Africa for a hundred years had a population that was majority European descent.

They were a mix of people many were berbers,semites, arabs, and such with a small minority of nubians.
Pharohs were also a mix starting as native egyptians but being of different ethnicities as the empire was conquered by other people throughout the ages, many of the later pharaohs were greeks.

Genetic testing has shown that most egyptian mummies are of the same ethnic group as modern egyptians.

Four Sons of Ham, Son of Noah
1. Mizraim (Egypt)
2. Cush (Sudan, Ethiopia)
3. Put (Lybia)
4. Canaan (Hivites, Jebusites, Arvadites, Girgashites, Amorites, Arkites, Sinites, Hittites, Sidonians, Perizzites, Zemarites)

They would be white by American definition, excluding the Nubian dynasty

This

It's extremely rare for a native population to be displaced by an occupying group. There's overwhelming evidence showing that conquerors rarely mixed with the native population, rather they formed an elite social class that segregated itself from the rest of society.

It's actually commonly the opposite, conquerors become mixed if they rule long-term over a large population, thanks to natives assuming a new identity and eventually assimilating, and marginalized conquered groups stay "pure". That's why all those Jew and Christian groups have less African DNA than Muslims and why Armenians don't have Altaian turkic traces like Turks.

underrated

people realize that the ruling class was greek, yes? People understand it was a dynasty run by a foreign family? Do people think greeks are black?

I imagine that they probably looked like Berbers or other North African people, getting darker the farther south you go.

They were originally a dark-skinned African people and after several hundred years of cross cultural contact and hostile invasions, became what you see today.
The coptics are the closest group in Egypt to the original egyptians. The nilotic peoples along the river, even closer. No, they were not originally caucasian.

Animated Kino

youtube.com/watch?v=-tVTEyuCKn4

Kek

Mы были кopoлями и дepьмoм

That happened way later though

Kangz

They were almost identical to modern egyptians, do you even have to ask shit like this?

That's a 19th century illustration. Fucking dumbass.

>who is Alexander the Great
>what is the Ptolemaic dynasty

i dont think those are the pharaohs people are referring too when people are talking about what race they were.

>What race were the ancient egyptians
Ancient egyptian.

Honestly who gives a fuck. Just let the blacks have it. If it makes them feel slightly less bad about themselves I really couldn't care less