Why is there a fascist symbol in the American Congress?

Why is there a fascist symbol in the American Congress?

It's a Roman thing

it's a roman symbol

the founding fathers of america revered the roman republic

The fasces is a symbol of authority dating from Roman times.

Don't give them anymore bad ideas, you fuck.

As others said it was a Roman symbol. Those fasces were in the US congress before it was adopted as a symbol of fascism by Mussolini, the nazis then copied it from him.

What about this guy? It looks like he really likes his fasces.

Is the USA, dare I say, the true continuation of the Roman Empire?

Hmm

>make a statue of yourself holding a symbol
>300 years later some asshole uses your symbol to do bad shit
that would suck
nonsymbolic human expressions from now on

America is fascist

Literally all of these are applicable to the Soviet Union except 8, which Occupy Dumbocrats seem autistically infatuated with.

This monument offends me.

yes since they came from the Brits who themselves came from the Romans

now i'm imagining Obama saying we wuz romanz

Racist stones everywhere.

Well weren't the Brits raped, looted, enslaved and brutally murdered by the Romans?

Are brits suffering from internalised oppression?

Please tell me this is fake

It's a symbol of strength through unity amd reflects the classical heritage of republicanism.

Would you look at that, yet another amazing thread brought to you by &Humanities

Nope. Dumbocrats are actually that stupid.

it is a roman symbol, the fascists stole it like they stole the swastika

>controlled mass media
How the fuck could anyone in their right mind look at the way CNN covers Trump and think Trump is controlling the media?

I unironically hope someone drives a dodge charger into whoever makes these

Wtf?! I hate drumpf now!

Because government is inherently fascist.

>Well weren't the Brits raped, looted, enslaved and brutally murdered by the Romans?

Yes, and the Spanish were ruthlessly purged and stripped of natural resoirces by Carthaginians and Romans(and Arabs), and then did the same to Central and South America.

Sometimes i wonder if they ever noticed the irony.

The American left really likes to trivialize the Holocaust and other shit the Nazis did by comparing Hitler to Donald Trump

By its very nature America was founded on the principle of individual freedom from the Crown to a state of government that could not be corrupted from three branches of power, Judges, Executive and Senate power.

The Roman Republic was greatly cherished but also the founders knew that even as a good base the Roman Republic had its flaws.

When the Americans defeated 1/10 of the UKs army that decided losing men to a bunch of backwards, puritan, thieves was a waste of time compared to India, Washington suddently realised the country would not survive without taxing everyone who had just fought to not be taxed.

So in the creation of the new American Empire, the imagery of the bundle of sticks, which actually stands for the unity of a roman legion,

As you look into it more it gets really esoteric, partly because most of the founders were masons.

By the way I'm a brit, The fact an American knows so little about their own history is really telling of the decadence of the country.

Please dont bring up this shit, I dont want alt-left faggots demanding the removal of 90% of the historical shit from DC

>we wuz romans n shit
>nobody can read latin
>country founded on genocide and slavery
USA USA USA

>Why is there a fascist symbol in the American Congress?
That's their flag.

Its just like actual Rome then