Were there actually any black people in ancient europe?

Were there actually any black people in ancient europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

caitlingreen.org/2016/05/a-note-on-evidence-for-african-migrants.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes. However to call it 'diverse' using the modern meaning of that word is completely laughable.

Nope

Stop posting that levantine buttblasted rapebaby on my board.

So is this image actually true?
Did lots of white women have black husbands back then?

/thread

Ancient Europeans were very peaceful before steppe white people came and they were genetically closer to black people than to modern day Europeans

Not many, but who's to say there werent some lone travelers + family that might have traveled from africa. Also maybe some soldiers or slaves from north africa traveled to europe during roman times.

>white

>North Africa

This meme needs to stop

There are a few black characters in Homer's work and depictions in some Ancient Greek art. I'm sure there weren't unheard of but they weren't common place either. I'm sure most would have lived heir lives without seeing one .

t. Gimbutas

Depends a little on what you mean by ancient.

Aurignacian cultures were probably swarthy, but not black black like modern Africans. They migrated from the Middle East, but agricultural settlers were still many eons away. It is they who were the earliest cave painters, and also made the first Venus carvings and so on. Later cultures inherited a lot of their practices, up until the Magdelanians (who would have likely encountered the first waves of agriculturalists).

Pre-Aurignacian, there were probably bands of black "African" hunters around the Mediterranean shores of Europe. Skeletons have been found. But they'd be genetically distinct from modern Africans. They were probably more like Abos or Sentinalese or something in between. It was basically the Aurignacians who finished off the Neanderthals.

As for less ancient, blacks were probably about as common in Europe as Europeans were in Africa. Which is to say, not impossible but very seldom.

>White
Mario pls

I wonder how SJWs would like the diversity if it was depicted the other way around, a white man with a black wife of slave origin.

Less than 0,000000000001%.

If it's not homogeneous it's diverse tbqh

If there was one black person in the entirety of the Oxford University, would twitter say it was a diverse university? No, so stop being pedantic.

>tfw was going to read Mary Beards book SPQR but after based Taleb blew her the fuck out I won't anymore

lmao

The image reminded me of the funerary inscription for Regina

>Latin: D M REGINA LIBERTA ET CONIVGE
BARATES PALMYRENVS NATIONE
CATVALLAVNA AN XXX
>Palmyrene: RGYN BT HRY BR T HBL

>Translation: To the spirits of the departed (and to) Regina, his freedwoman and wife, a Catuvellaunian by tribe, aged 30, Barates of Palmyra (set this up). Regina, the freedwoman of Barate, alas.
i.e. a Palmyrene (various flavors of Syrian Semite) freed and married a British-native slave.

The video is still grievously misguided pandering to modern mores but it's not that the situation it depicts is not plausible.

Single digit percentages of a country being ethnic minorities are not considered diverse by the modern sense of the word

Don't let your fetish for now impossible hegemonic states turn you into the kind of person you bases their decision on "well what about those damn 13 year old girls on tumblr?"

It is a complete certainty that there were black people in Europe pre 500AD. It is almost certain too that there were not many.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. I am almost certain there's isn't an argument anywhere in there though.

Depends. Is there going to be a trigger warning about privilege play?

Carthage is African
Egypt is African.

Blacks roamed those two states and those two states roamed Europe.

>american education

Name one source about a black person in ancient europe.

>maybe some soldiers or slaves from north africa traveled to europe during roman times
>maybe
>what the fuck are the punic wars
>who the fuck is Septimius Severus
>implying north africans were black
6/10 made me respond

What are you saying? I hope for your sake English isn't your mother tongue.

Numerous places; Juvenal, Plutarch, Virgil, Cassius Dio and even some Greek writers. The word for them was Aethiops.

What's your source about one of them being in europe?

Robin Hood mothafucka.

Check.

Mate.

Juvenal, Satires 5.

>If my lord's stomach is fevered with food and wine, a decoction colder than Thracian hoar-frosts will be brought to him. Did I complain just now that you were given a different wine? Why, the water which you clients drink is not the same. It will be handed to you by a Gaetulian groom, or by the bony hand of a blackamoor whom you would rather not meet at midnight when driving past the monuments on the hilly Latin Way.

Was he /ourguy/?

Yes and soon all white women will have black husbands.

No, they'll have white husbands to provide for them and black bulls to pleasure them since a white man is physically incapable of doing so.

As a sexually promiscuous white dude who has had two black girlfriends, I laughed out loud

I, too, enjoying LARPing.

>Literally can't believe people don't share his cuck fetish

The state of this board, I swear

It's the /pol/ influence, it's pure corruption.

What's the point of this post?

To tell us that modern britain is diverse?

North Africans look like ordinary Meds.
Kys.

caitlingreen.org/2016/05/a-note-on-evidence-for-african-migrants.html

>I pulled together a rough corpus of 909 oxygen isotopes results taken from individuals buried at 79 Bronze Age–Medieval sites across Britain published up to the start of 2016, and then sorted these into four broad chronological periods: Bronze Age–Iron Age (22 sites), Roman (15 sites), Early Medieval (29 sites) and Medieval (14 sites), with one site in use across two of the periods. I then went through this material to identify individuals whose results are sufficiently elevated so as to be both clearly indicative of a non-local origin and most consistent with a childhood spent in North Africa, rather than anywhere in Britain or Europe.
>20.3% of the 79 surveyed Bronze Age–Medieval sites contained at least one person who has results consistent with a childhood spent in Africa (n=16).
>Sites possessing isotopic evidence consistent with the presence of first-generation immigrants from North Africa are found in all periods looked at, although there is a clear peak in the Roman era. The Roman era—the mid-first to early fifth centuries AD—has the greatest number of sites with such evidence, namely seven, these being Winchester (Lankhills), Gloucester, York (three sites: Trentholme Drive, The Railway & Driffield Terrace), Scorton near Catterick, and Wasperton. Furthermore, nearly 47% of all Roman sites where isotopic analysis has occurred have produced evidence suggestive of the presence of people who grew up in North Africa, a significantly higher proportion than is found for any other era.
>In total, 3.7% of the 909 Bronze Age–Medieval individuals surveyed from these 79 sites have results consistent with a childhood spent in Africa (n=34).
>A small number of results are elevated to such a degree that they strongly indicate a childhood spent in the Nile Valley or Delta.

Very likely being the case but as soon as they find one we'll be having medieval movies that will be 50% niggers

In the name of historical accuracy that is.

So how it was already?

Why do so many of these posts seem defeatist and insecure?

the romans were black

Because the truth doesn't even matter or factor into it. This is driven by a political agenda rather than the want for historical accuracy. Thus, for example, the British Academy Television Awards will not accept your work if it does not include a certain % of minorities thus excluding you from nomination.

Interesting work.

give them high paying jobs on TV or they'll turn to ISIS you piece of shit intolerant racist.

Okay?

The entire thing revolves around historical accuracy but in fact has nothing to do with it. Merely an argument to hide behind while furthering the political agenda. Countering any such arguments automatically locks you in an ideological battle even if you want no part of it.

Defeatists because realizing this means you can not win and are automatically the bad guy just for contradicting it. The BBC thing outlined this perfectly, it went from an argument of historical accuracy to an argument of representation. "So even if there weren't any blacks, why do you want black children felt left out?". It has gotten to a point that people are getting attacked due to not including enough diversity in their movies, films, video games, etc.

Give them a good education and don't put them in banlieues and they will not turn to isis

Give, give, give. Are we raising pets?

As for education, I thought ISIS had some educated recruits.

ISIS = Mossad
so yeah

well someone had to buy the cornish tin to bring it to the mediterranean and mesopotamian markets

I mean yeah, probably a few.