Why were the British so useless in WW2 despite performing...kind of okay I guess...in WW1?

Why were the British so useless in WW2 despite performing...kind of okay I guess...in WW1?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Brisbane
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

heh, that actually happened. my grandpa consummated with a british woman and he brought her back home to america once the war was over.

They had basically the weakest European military. After retreating they spent the rest of the war as an advanced airstrip for the USA.

same but I got a german one

False, Britain had the largest number of military divisions in contact with the enemy (in both European and Pacific theaters) up until mid '44.

Did you just forget that the USSR existed?

>you diggers
wow

Ah, the reference I was thinking of, "Their Finest Hour", by Winston Churchill, made a comparison between US and British military contributions.

I mistakenly thought the comparison had been made between all Allied powers, whereas this was not the case upon checking. My apologies.

>Literally the most consequential belligerent in both wars.
Doesn't matter, Veeky Forums hates the brit.

>Why were the British so useless in WW2

Confirmed for knowing nothing about WW2 beyond memes.

Go read some wikipedia articles, and maybe watch some documentaries or something, or, heaven forfend, pick up a book.

>this delusion level

When combining both sides, they were the third most important in WW1 (after Germany and France) and the 6th most important in WW2 (after Germany, the USSR, Japan, America and China)

the british were far from useless in ww2,
-battle of britain
-north africa
-italy
-burma
-normandy
-night bombing

To be honest, this is how American education depicts the UK in WW1 and 2

>barely held their own against Germany
>needed to US to sustain and end wars on continental Europe
>basically a placeholder when the US was ready to start fighitng and took on a supporting role

>battle of britain
Polish pilots
>north africa
irrelevant
>italy
Americans
>burma
Irrelevant
>normandy
Americans
>night bombing
Yeah, killing all these civilians was very useful

>get kicked the fuck out of Norway and France
>in fact run away from France like complete cowards and then celebrate it like some heroic victory just because Hitler let them live
>get the absolute shit beaten out of you by slanty eyed Japs in Singapore despite outnumbering them
>all of the actual accompishments and heavy lifting are done either by ANZAC troops or various shitskin colonials

good luck supplying a normandy invasion without british mulberry harbours

Holy shit me too (well kinda).

Great-grandmother was a 12 year old Polish-Jewish girl who was taken to Great Britain on a Kindertransport months before the war started, got knocked up by a Georgia cracker at 16, married him since she had nowhere else to go, and that's how I came to be.

>Hitler let them live
dank
>ANZAC
>WWII
So all the heavy lifting was done in the space of about a month in Greece?

And intelligence
And convoys
And those herbert funnies and proximity fuses

>hitler let them live
by dropping bombs on them?

>Polish pilots
Yes, a portion of the airforce were polish, as well as American, Australian, Canadian, ect.
The majority of pilots were British, in British planes, from British airfields, using British strategy.

>North Africa irrelevant
Pure troops on the ground =/= relevance
Nor does it equate to the amount of resources dedicated to a theatre. Immense resources were drained from the luftwaffe and Italian navy not to mention manpower too. More German soldiers sere captured in Tunisia than st Stalingrad.

>italy
>Americans
Yes, and the British.

>burma
>Irrelevant
It tied down more ground troops than American pussy island hopping.

Just because a campaign wasnt THE pivotal one to bring down the Axis doesnt mean ot was completely irrelevant.

Its like saying Dday was irrelevant because the Soviets would have won eventually, in 1946/7 say, without it

>normandy
> Americans
And British, and Canadian.

>night bombing
> Yeah, killing all these civilians was very useful
Yes it was, civilians were only targeted after najor industrial centers were completely erradicated.
Not to mentiom the loss of German air superiority on the Ost front since intercepters had to be called home to defend the factories.
Whats more, he anti-air 88s, which had masterfully been used as anti-tank guns, had to be called back.

How about you give more than one word meme answers you pleb.

If the British had given up and surrendered in the fall of 1940 it is very likely Germany could have beaten the Soviet Union in '41. Given the extra resources that would have been at hand, and that Operation Barbarossa wouldn't have been delayed to secure the southern flank in Greece after Italys failed invasion.

For this reason alone the British are a pivotal seen as playing a pivotal role in defeating Nazism

This is such a childish and stupid post. The Polish paid a proud part in the Battle of Britain but only a fraction of the pilots involved were Polish. The majority of the naval forces and nearly half the land forces on D-Day were British and a large percentage of the forces involved in the invasion of Italy were British as well.

>tfw my American and British grandparents were just a few years too young for WWII and were able to be in the army and also survive to produce me and my family
My Granda (Who at the time lived in Scotland) was supposed to get sent off to India but got sick and instead dated my Grannie.

Not him, but ANZACS did more than just greece

>pivotal role in NA including the seige of Tobruk
>first Army to defest the Japanese on land
>RAN heavily nvolved in the battle of the Coral sea, the first sea victory of the Japanese

No they fucking didn't, the ANZAC existed in WW2 for a few weeks

DO

> (OP)
>>you diggers
>wow
"Diggers" are Australian troops in general, but most especially of the World Wars, with all of the gravity of "the greatest generation". Someone almost named a national sports team after them like fifteen years ago and there was a furor about how it was disrespectful.

This is Japanese propaganda about getting cucked (post mortem?) by Jody, but where the Jody in question is an allied soldier.

>Thinking you "diggers" will never come back alive, the BLACKS and the YANKS are raping your wives, your daughters, your sweethearts -- they're helpless without your protection. Your future happiness is at stake! One less Aussie simply means one more Yank 'safely' in the home. Surely you'll not give up your lives to make this possible.

>Doesn't matter, Veeky Forums hates the brit.
It's French fags who hate Brits. Frenchies don't like to be confronted with their total failure in war, so they like to pick in Brits, ignoring that the Kingdom was fighting and winning whilst France was occupied and learned the Horst Wessel song.

Then refute my 3 points which were spread over more than a few weeks

Also it doesnt help when 50,000 of your men are lost in singapore due to British ineptitude

I made that, thanks famalamadingong for using my OC.

Britain has always been useless in war. That's why they let others do the fighting.

>All of it is true

REDDIT

>That pic
Y A N K E D
A
N
K
E
D

It's another thread where we forget it was a team effort and we were all fighting for the same cause.

Lmao

>North Africa
>irrelevant

The fuck is this meme? Germany's aim was to grab the oil fields of the middle east and cut off Britain from its empire east of the Suez. If it had succeeded in both they would have been in a far stronger position.

What cause was that?

>British useless in ww2
>Prevented Germans from taking Suez canal, Gibraltar, Malta and making Medditerranean a private Axis pool
>Prevented Japanese from capturing India
>Was the only substantive country representing Allied cause for a year
>useless in ww2

>Prevented Japanese from capturing India

Thank god Britain did that
Otherwise we may have a civilized india without poop and corpses in the street

>believing axis propaganda

Nigel pls
We all know it happened massively

Except it really didn't. I work right by a military barracks, and the vast majority if sexual encounters between troops in the area and women were through paid prostitutes. Soldiers in the area weren't just walking around the town. They'd sometimes have a few hours off to get drinks but that was basically it.

Americans actually got their asses handed to them by aussies and kiwis in riots.

ah yes, the great civilising force of japan

>Americans actually got their asses handed to them by aussies and kiwis in riots.

But in reality....

At least they buried them
Might have given Indians the idea

The fact an American was genuinely so insecure to make that is pretty sad desu

probably something to do with having the smallest dicks in the western world

He barely modified the real one desu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Brisbane

The real insecure faggots are the Australian men who started a fight with allies because American men got more pussy than them

What point? I'm telling you the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps only existed temporarily as a pretty much ad-hoc formation for a few weeks in Greece.

Because Americans gave them their rations.

Regardless, those women were disloyal whores, and the us soldiers were shitty allies.

In short, the Virgin Australian Boi got cucked by the Chad American Man

What? Not really. All you established was occupiers had sex with starving whores for food, and that Americans were dickheads.

The same happened in German occupied France, Soviet Occupied Germany etc.

>The same happened in German occupied France, Soviet Occupied Germany etc.

Yeah but at least they were cucked by occupying enemies (which always happens)
Meanwhile, Australians and Brits got cucked by fucking allies, which is even more pathetic

>Australia
>starving
Starving for big American cock maybe, not much else

Were you alive during rationing? People couldn't buy basic goods, it was pretty terrible.

Plus, as we've established, americans have small dicks.

>Plus, as we've established, americans have small dicks.

Dunno, I've never seen an American weiner
But you probably have if you're an Australian housewife, so I'll believe you on that

>not a single wrong point

Cecil a shit

New Zealands contribution to yank bashing

Stats don't lie user. Americans are half an inch lower than their european ancestors. Largely due to getting their foreskin cut off. They're also nearly 3 inches shorter too.

>1 kiwi arrested

Kek, I bet his wive got preggers by Americans while he was in jail

Stop user. This is sad.

Nah they arrested him because he had smashed so many americans it was starting to get embarrassing

Based Kiwis. Why are Americans so racist?

Were you? Better get the nurse to clean you up grandpa, that nice young Alice Keith lass is about to come on the wireless.

There wouldnt have even been a war without France or Germany in WW1. And the third power, to tip the balance, or well at least drastically change the outcome was the UK.

>France
>more important than the British Empire
Excuse me? I didn't know being shelled to death and almost surrendering because their soldiers were treated so poorly was being the most important. The French barely won any important battles, while almost all of the major battles on the western front were fought by the British empire, while they simultaneously killed the Ottoman Empire. There is absolutely no way you can think the French are more important than the British in WW1. Germany and the Empire were the two big ones.

Please scan this in high res.

Haha, well memed xD
But joke aside, France was the most important Entente country, the one to which the allied leadership was given and the one Germany surrendered to
Meanwhile, Brits were less relevant than the US in the winning offensive of the war (pic related)

>while they simultaneously killed the Ottoman Empire.

Wow, big deal
The Ottoman Empire was irrelevant as fuck
Theaters were relevant in that order:

1. Western Front (lead by the French)
2. Eastern Front (lead by the Russians)
*power gap*
3. Balkans Front (lead by the French)
*power gap*
4. Middle East Front (lead by Brits)
5. African Front (lead by Brits)

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

>the Great Patriotic War saw the largest number of men fight....

But fighting spear chuckers with machineguns is totally top banter

>even the British commander was French

How will bongs ever recover?

It actually started because a group of Australians were drinking with an american in a pub and when some american mp's came to tell the american soldier to return to the barracks the Australians basically told them to fuck off and leave him alone. Then a riot broke out.

>China

lol

Greece did more than fucking China. China just got its ass kicked all day by Japan.

>what is the battle of the atlantic
>what were the the artic convoys
>who ever heard of africa?
>southeast asia? where's that?
>Bomber Harris? Never heard of him.

What did he mean by this?

>le poo in the loo xD
Japanese would capture one of most populated places on Earth that despised the British rule and would help them against the Allies. Let us also remember British moved to Bengal important industrial facilities. If that's not enough, Japanese Southern Expeditionary Army Group would be able to help on other fronts

>When combining both sides, they were the third most important in WW1 (after Germany and France)

You forgot Russia and Austria ...

the people of france fought on both sides to guarantee victory, just like the hundred years war

the french owe their freedom largely to the british

they're welcome

Australian cucks

Shitty military equipment

To be fair it wasn't British incompetence but that of one man who really shouldn't have been in charge.

Shameful defeat, Singapore

>Yeah, killing all these civilians was very useful

The only thing our redcoat (((allies))) did wrong was not doing it sooner, earlier, and with nukes.

>bet dis muhfuggin bitch got BLACKED by da murrikan BBC yo

Top kek McMongrel