Why didn't Germans just wear the clothes of dead Soviets in 1941 rather than freeze to death for the lack of winter...

Why didn't Germans just wear the clothes of dead Soviets in 1941 rather than freeze to death for the lack of winter clothes?

Because more Soviet soldiers died from the Winter than Germans.

because only 1.5% of frostbite cases resulted in deaths

so other germans didnt shoot you

they did

Why didn't the krauts make having frostbite a punishable offense like in the Red Army?

Why didn't Stalin concede rather than sacrifice 30 million Soviet citizens?

They could keep their helmets on

Soviet gear was just as bad

>Why didn't Stalin concede rather than sacrifice 30 million Soviet citizens?

His name translates to man of steel, this man had no emotions. When he got news that his own son was captures and inside a German concentration camp and that hitler wanted to do a prisoner exchange for Paulus, stalin said "I do not trade a field marshal for a common soldier"

His son was soon executed

Holy fuck, that's beyond cold. That's sociopathic.

Going by memory here but didn't his son die trying to escape rather than being executed?

>muh winter

Yes, Yakov ran into the wire fence around the camp he was in and was shot down.

I hope his death was painful and slow. Stalin I mean

It was, he died in his own piss and shit.

I guess its what happens when everyone is too fucking scared to even check if you're still alive.

Oh come on, imagine how fucking weak he'd look if he DID do that. If you research it, you'll find this decision shook him. I'm not Soviet boo but Stalin had to do this to maintain power.

But they did, they even wore women's fur coats they pilfered from the populace.

Fuck, he wouldn't have to publicize it. I recall him learning that his son had tried to commit suicide, and saying "He couldn't even do that right."

They did. They would often take the felt-lined jackboots from dead Russians because they were warmer.

>he hung his head
>"Just think how many sons ended in camps! Who would swap them for Paulus? Were they worse than Yakov? I had to refuse.... What would they have said of me, our millions of Party fathers, if having forgotten about them, I had agreed to swapping Yakov? No, I had no right...."
>"I so pitied Yasha!"

>What would they have said of me,

They would have said fucking nothing because they would die the day those words came out of their mouths.

Stalin lost his frist wife when he was still young, it left him heartbroken and from the looks of it, he never healed. His daughter seemed to be the only person he was actually capable of loving after it happened.

He had a lover in his final years.
She would take him for walks wrapped in a thick coat so that people wouldn't recognize him and pester him on the street for autographs and shit.

yes let's concede to enemy who wants to physically exterminate all your kind

this is bs and meme

>generalplan ost is a meme
fuck outta here

yes those 30 millions dead civilian untermenschen were a complete meme

german bullets don't melt human bodies

By kind you mean soviets/Bolshevicks?
because those arent actual russians. Most of those got killed off in the years before. Round 20 million russian christians alone.
Purging bolshevick elements thats the generalplan ost.

Okay, I see, but I've also read he's had dozens of lover throughout his life.

>Stalin married his first wife Ekaterina Svanidze in 1906. According to Montefiore, theirs was "a true love match";[617] Volkogonov suggested that she was "probably the one human being he had really loved"

My sources are quite thin, I'm far from being an expert on Staline.

>Purging bolshevick elements thats the generalplan ost.
>literally killing off half of ethnic Russians, 90 FUCKING PERCENT of ethnic Poles, Half of Czechs and Haflf of all Balts
>removing bolsheviks, who didn't even fucking exist by the time Barbarossa went down

>Svanidze and Stalin were married for just 18 months before she died of an illness in 1907. Her death sent Stalin into a deep grief, and he reportedly said "with her died my last warm feelings for humanity." Years later, several of her family members were executed during Stalin's purges.

damn

No original copies of general plan ost exist. Only "reconstructions" that just so happen to coincide with soviet propoganda. Soviet goverment was so hated by their own people that 20% of the soldiers fighting on the german side on the eastern front were soviet citizens, half of them ethnic russians.
They literally had to lie that Hitler wanted to kill all russians to make him look worse than they themselves already were. I mean what were they going to say?
>Hitler is going to enslave you, burn your churches and destroy your culture
Soviets had already done all of that

Is it actually true that Stalin said "He can't even shoot straight!" after a failed suicide attempt of Yakov?

>Why didn't Germans just wear the clothes of dead Soviets in 1941 rather than freeze to death for the lack of winter clothes?
You do know that the human body evacuates all the waste matter in it when it dies, right?

But more importantly Hitlers Ideology stated that Slavs were subhuman and would have to be wiped off the earth eventually. Surrender was just not an option.

>Soviet goverment was so hated by their own people that 20% of the soldiers fighting on the german side on the eastern front were soviet citizens,

Didn't the Wehrmacht state they couldn't trust the soviet citizens who joined them due to so many of them were infiltrators?

The nazis were a bunch of backtracking pansies
When the casualties start piling up especially after Fall Blau they fully integrated them

Also those turncoats were among the hardest fighting unit
Because if they get captured theres no question theyre getting executed

Why didn't the Germans just take Moscow and win the war?

wew lad

basicaly the entire "effective" part of Abwehr was made of NKVD agents

>Soviet goverment was so hated by their own people that 20% of the soldiers fighting on the german side

Sauce? Sounds like lie

>Purging bolshevick elements thats the generalplan ost.
Wrong. The Germans wanted to enslave or deport the entire populations regardless of political affilation

>Most Russians were killed off
>Bolsheviks aren't Russians

It's actually fair. Stalin was a fascinating person. A monster sure, but fascinating.

It is not about only the clothes, Russians were more used to the cold of their lands, while Germans were not.

that wouldn't win the war. the Red Army and the Soviet government would still exist (probably falling back beyond the Urals, while partisans continue a very drawn-out guerrilla war against overstretched German occupying forces)

What do you mean? Moscow's worth 50 victory points, should result in a surrender fairly quickly.