Were women even considered human during Roman times?

Were women even considered human during Roman times?
Not only they had no right to vote and no say on anything but they were not even given names, they were referred to as "First", "Second" and "Third", or some other scheme like that while men had their personal names.

Other urls found in this thread:

cambridge.org/core/journals/behavioral-and-brain-sciences/article/political-diversity-will-improve-social-psychological-science-1/A54AD4878AED1AFC8BA6AF54A890149F
heterodoxacademy.org/2015/09/14/bbs-paper-on-lack-of-political-diversity/
econjwatch.org/articles/faculty-voter-registration-in-economics-history-journalism-communications-law-and-psychology
archive.is/LGXzR
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

men also had names like that, it was very common naming scheme.

Roman women actually had more rights than greek women, but the main structure of the roman society was based on the family, headed by the Pater Familius who theoretically had full power over everyone in his house.

You have to understand the idea that people should be equal under law was completely alien to Roman civilization.

Not really.

Are women actually human in the first place?

>human
>rights
>human rights

Women's suffrage was a mistake. When men first gave them the right to vote in america they voted in favor of prohibition. Now theyou vote in favor of bigger government, more taxation, more welfare, and non white "refugees". It's also a proven fact that single white women do not support trumps wall. It's also usually the single women in the west who support immigration.

Yes, Roman women had more rights than most other women of the day. It was the Greeks who saw women as being sub-human.

>Women's suffrage was a mistake.
Women existing was a mistake.

I do not think that is entirely true. Aristotle for example, who described humans as the 'political animal',
was of the opinion that women played a key role in the Polis by attending to the social and household matters and that was their teleology within the social
organism of daily life. Without them, the whole would deteriorate and breakdown, and that the relationship between man and woman was the foundation of
society.
I think the proper view would be that women simply had a different role, and attempting to equate them with men was a category error.

Also, as an aside I wished more people engaged with Mary Wollstonecraft.

By engaged you mean someone should've killed her, I hope.

you came out of one

>Were women even considered human during Roman times?
Oh gez I wonder who could be behind this post.

So, no?

Stop habituating vice.

Fpbp, good read

>Greeks
Depends on the polis. Ionian Greek women were always mentioned with more liberty. They were even allowed to join men in symposia and discuss philosophy and the arts with them.

Boipussi>all other pussy
Thread confirmed

>
Taking this Pepe for future shitposting

>headed by the Pater Familius who theoretically had full power over everyone in his house.

I heard they eventually abolished this after a number of incidents involving fathers murdering their children and wives.

>When men first gave them the right to vote in america they voted in favor of prohibition
So did the KKK, Puritans and most analogues of /pol/ at the time.

>more taxation, more welfare
Austerity is shit for the economy anyway. It hurts GDP.

>non white "refugees"
White people aren't native anyway. Only Europe has a legitimate claim against this.

>It's also a proven fact that single white women do not support trumps wall
Most white women supported Trump if they weren't college educated. Of course, the right hates those nerds with their learnin' books and teachin' ladies. Academia undermines their confidence in being overemotional on the internet.

>Austerity is shit for the economy anyway. It hurts GDP.
>GDP is the end all be all of a nation state.

May as well print more money, GDP sky rockets when you do that.

>So did the KKK, Puritans and most analogues of /pol/ at the time.
And the first-wave feminists. It seems moralfags also have something against having fun on stupid moral ground.

>Austerity is shit for the economy anyway. It hurts GDP.
And more taxation hurts the purchasing power of the average individual in the population and throwing more money at welfare is throwing money that could be invested into economic infrastructure into a bureaucratic nightmare, where even the people that it's intended for will only see scraps of it.

>Only Europe has a legitimate claim against this.
And a good part of the Eastern Indo-Iranian world, the Levant and the Caucus mountains

>Most white women supported Trump if they weren't college educated.
Surprisingly, he actually won the vote of college educated white women as well

>Of course, the right hates those nerds with their learnin' books and teachin' ladies
>What is the Old Right?
Neoconservatives and evangelicals basically dumbed down the right-wing side of the spectrum in the '50s and '60s the same way that currently the left-wing is being dumbed down by neoliberals and progressives currently.

> Academia undermines their confidence in being overemotional on the internet.
You mean the academia that is a progressive echo chamber?

cambridge.org/core/journals/behavioral-and-brain-sciences/article/political-diversity-will-improve-social-psychological-science-1/A54AD4878AED1AFC8BA6AF54A890149F

heterodoxacademy.org/2015/09/14/bbs-paper-on-lack-of-political-diversity/

econjwatch.org/articles/faculty-voter-registration-in-economics-history-journalism-communications-law-and-psychology
As it turns out, living in an echo chamber, left or right, is shit for actually conducting actual useful research. Who'd have thought that?

Uhhh this
And this for history

Yeah, it was scaled back, along with the right to execute slaves whenever.

You aren't a man if you can't ignore a woman's bullshit and fuck her into the ground.
I don't think you're a man, I don't think you could fuck anything other than your hand.
No wonder you want artificial wombs, you already use artificial vaginas.

>trashcunt telling men what a "real man" is
A real man is the one with a penis and a Y chromosome and a good woman is the one 5 feet undet.

REKT

a round of applause for this glorious motherfucker, please

Dude, just stop. You've already been destroyed. Leave while you still have a small amount of dignity.

And where are the Romans now?

Really makes you think.

people who overabuse the rekt meme like you belong in the gas chambers

Fuck off back to Kikebook with your samefaggotry, cunt. Nobody is falling for it.

damn dude

please delete this

? I am not the same person. Link the posts.

>only college people are smart

Intersectional feminist queef theory /= intelligence

>I have a degree so fuck you

>It's also a proven fact that single white women do not support trumps wall.
Tell me, /pol/shit, how's the wall going? Is Mexico paying for it already?

Your lookin at em asshole

It passed the Houses' budget resolution a while ago.
archive.is/LGXzR

>Lack of arguments
>Appeal to emotion
Woman detected

They are human but they aren't people

Don't stop, my nigger.

B-but it's not the Mexican House... What happened? The plan was infallible!

The House and Senate passes the budget of the US for all projects. If you unironically thought he meant that the Mexican gov't was going to pay for it, you should seek help. I don't think anyone forgets when the gov't shut down because Congress couldn't accept a budget in 2013 or 2014.

checked