2017 is the 500th anniversary of the Protestant reformation

can we say that the protestant reformation was the first attempt to destroy tradition and enforce moral relativism?

No, the moral relativist stuff in churches didn't start until the 18th century. Blame the masons for that(seriously why does every other protestant church in america have a mason symbol on it)

>seriously why does every other protestant church in america have a mason symbol on it
Freemasonry was 100% made in France and Germany
Martin Luther wasn't a freemason because it didn't exist but he certainly influenced the freemasonic ideology and symbolism

>Martin Luther wasn't a freemason because it didn't exist but he certainly influenced the freemasonic ideology and symbolism

How?

Separation of Church and State for instance.
Also the belief that you simply had to believe in Jesus to be saved (even if you were a sinner)
Without Luther and Calvin I can't see how the French Revolution would have happened.

but masons don't believe in jesus so I don't see exactly what he has to do with freemasonry

>the whole point is "religion can be whatever you want dude, just read the book and your retarded conclusions will be a-ok"!

Yes.

They replaced Jesus with God after the 18th century, earlier on in the outside circles they proclaimed to believe in God and in the ''prophets'' including Jesus.

>They replaced Jesus with God after the 18th century
wat

On the outside, to the general public they switched from "Liberal Christians" to the ones that believed "In a higher force that controls the universe called God"
There were lots of protestants in freemasonic lodges exactly because they had some level of ''trust us we are real christians in our hearts''

masonry aka satanism-lite was a mistake

In that sense Luteranism was satanic because Luther and early protestants promised to free men from the ''evils'' of the Catholic Church.
Freemasonry promised 100% the same thing just look at the french revolution

It was the first attempt to liberate the lower classes from oppression

>catholic complains about certain moralities being "enforced"
Interesting slip.

Literally every negative aspect of the world today owes at least some credit to Luther the anti-christ

the catholic church literally took money from the people to relieve them from their "sins".
Luther did the right thing.

/thread

I never really understood why Catholics can't wrap their head around this.

So did Jesus.

>moral relativism

When there were Borgia popes, when there were 3 rival popes at once and three subsequent papal lines; when corrupt bishops and priests whored, and extorted local people; when it was revealed that the church used forged docs to justify itself e.g. Donatio Constantini, when the cancer of the Avignon papacy existed, when many leaders of the faith didn't even believe in God at least not a Catholic conception of God, can you really, unironically believe that the reformers appeared out of some vacuum? that they were "moral relativists" and the Catholic Church dindunuffin?

Catholic reactionaries everyone, total blockheads.

Tbh, the challenge to tradition brought out the best in tradition.

>can you really, unironically believe that the reformers appeared out of some vacuum? that they were "moral relativists" and the Catholic Church dindunuffin?

Yes, I can unironically say that. Protestants are Satans children and every single one of them that has ever lived is burning in Hell. Keep sucking on Satan's teats heathen and you will see where it gets you.

>promised to free men from the ''evils'' of the Catholic Church
What? it was Luther's plan to reform the church according to the scripture.

Hopefully you also know that the guy who is right now referred to as the Bishop of Rome is an Antipope.

You're an Antipope.

There is nothing in the Gospels that overtly states Jesus accepted money although it would have been common practice for traveling rabbis to accept donations. Regardless, any money Jesus received was given out of charity and not as a payment *in exchange* for redemption as was the case with the Roman indulgences.

>'My house will be called a house of prayer,' but you are making it 'a den of robbers.'"

Indulgences were donations to God you heretical sausage nose.

I'm not saying I am the Pope (yet).
So no (yet).

>The church is God.
You will burn.

You will burn.

Damn right you're not the pope, fucker.

You don't know if I will burn.
But after your ridiculous heresy you will burn for sure!

I will look down from Heaven and watch you screaming in eternal damnation and pain forever.

What pope will rule there, or will there be some kind of council of Popes?
Also how high is the enterence fee?

Oh you're so going to burn and it will be very painful. Dip the tip of your penis in boiling water then imagine that feeling forever and ever only it's not just on the tip of your penis it is everywhere on your body including under your nails and behind your eyes and in your lungs. That's what it is going to be like for you.

>He is also a sodomite.
Okey.

All you need to know is that as you wail and gnash your teeth everyone in Heaven will be looking down at you saying "ha ha look at that wretched sinner".

You're a sodomite.

woow

>He didn't answer my question.
Wasn't there a part in the scripture about spreading the word of god?
How high is the enterence fee?

Freemasonry was made in Egypt 2400 bc.The Jews and the "illuminati" are a diversion and a deception

Martin Luther did nothing wrong, stop picking on him. Blame all the unforeseen consequences on the retards that followed.

Masonry controls the world for thousands of years since Egypt these people who are talking to you know nothing.
Hand motions can signify what degree a freemason is (42 degrees)

No wonder my Humanities prof. is making us research this shit

There was no concept of "being saved" in the 16th century as we think of it today. None of the Protestants believed that "you simply had to believe in Jesus to be saved (even if you were a sinner)." They believed, along with the entire Latin Church, that EVERYONE is a sinner. They also believed that justification is received by faith alone. Neither the Lutherans nor the Reformed would ever say that if you were a piece of shit your whole life that you would be in heaven. Calvin would say that a Christian is blessed with the duplex gratia (justification AND sanctification), and you never get one without the other. The Lutherans would say that you can actually LOSE your salvation if you rejected the Christian life totally.

None of them believed in moral relativism. They fucking demanded or allowed heretics, grievous sinners, or criminals to be executed or otherwise punished.

And? It would have been better to simply split from the Catholic Church while mostly retaining Catholic theology and tradition, or ideally reform the Church from within but that is probably a bit much to ask.

That's pretty much what they tried to do. The Church wasn't having it, and when they condemned the material and formal principles of the Reformation, there wasn't much left for them to do but split. To be fair, they were reforming churches (in the local/national sense) that already existed. The magisterial Reformers really tried very hard not to rewrite Christianity, but to keep what was timeless and (in their view) biblical, and peel away what they saw as the illegitimate accretions of the medieval Church.

not sure if troll of serious

Freemason is just another Word for Assassins. They started in Egypt too

Only in germany/netherlands.
thinkingemoji.jpg