ITT: Overpromoted idiots

ITT: Overpromoted idiots

Erwin Rommel springs rather readily to mind.

That's low effort tier

Bittenfeld is actually a very good admiral, but you're a fool to use him for anything other than frontal assaults.

Patton and MacArthur

Nazis because of their uniforms and edgy designs

Bittenfeld is one of the best admirals in the series. He literally only lost to Yang Wen-li. Everyone loses to Yang Wen-li.

If you look at his headcount of enemy admirals, it is higher than that of other admirals.

He defeated:
Vice Admiral Ulanhu
Vice Admiral Appleton
High Admiral Merkatz (Eisenach helped him)

And was important in the defeat of Reuenthal.

And he was the admiral that came closest to killing Wen-li, but was unluck.

>Overpromoted idiots
>Bittenfeld

I'm He also killed Fischer and Bewcock.

I see this show posted here all the time. Is this some space army show based on historical generals or something?

Pretty much every general in world war one besides Ludendorff, Pétain, Pershing, and that one Russian guy who actually had his shit together and was able to pull off some decent offensives

It's a weird ass anime about a German Space Empire lead by a blond Napoleon whose goal is to conquer the Multicultural Planets Alliance in which all races fight together for democracy with a cynical history-addict Chink as most skilled general

Humans. Correct.

Yeah that was kind of the impression I'd been getting. It's like a fucking libertarian/Nazi circlejerk decided to make an autistic "totally not gay" anime and this piece of shit was the result. Didn't know they were attacking a decent civilization in order to install monarchy/imperialism/whatever bullshit though. Can't say I'm surprised by that revelation.

I recently learned about this guy, seems like a total badass, why was he executed?

Lucius Aemilius Paullus.

>seems like a total badass
He was
Dude was taking part in musket gunfights and bayonet charges while being a fucking high ranking general
It's not Wellington you'd see doing that

>why was he executed?
He joined Napoleon after his escape from Elba
When Napoleon lost at Waterloo, Monarchists took back power and decided to make an exemple out of him

So he was a bloodthirsty psychopath with terrible strategy.

>Didn't know they were attacking a decent civilization in order to install monarchy/imperialism

Nah, the Free Alliance ain't even decent
It's a shitty parody of democracy corrupt to the core
It's basically the benevolant imperialist absolute monarch vs the democratically elected corrupt politicians

>Soldiers, when I give the command to fire, fire straight at my heart. Wait for the order. It will be my last to you. I protest against my condemnation. I have fought a hundred battles for France, and not one against her ... Soldiers, fire!

He was a crazy impulsive madman
Sometimes it worked (Russian retreat rearguard and pic related), sometimes it failed (Waterloo)

>Yeah that was kind of the impression I'd been getting. It's like a fucking libertarian/Nazi circlejerk decided to make an autistic "totally not gay" anime and this piece of shit was the result.

No it's more like the fantasy of a Prussiaboo or a Napoleon fangay.

Though you do have to remember that the whole

>Didn't know they were attacking a decent civilization in order to install monarchy/imperialism/whatever bullshit though.
>decent civilization

That's a matter of perspective my man, and that perspective is basically what the anime is all about.

In other words, a show written by a 15 year old.

>That's a matter of perspective my man, and that perspective is basically what the anime is all about.
Perspective is a life of historians. There is only one truth. One reality.

*lie, not life

>There is only one truth. One reality.

And that's your perspective.

:^)

Shut the hell up, Conway.

>He isn't post-modern

>He believes there's such a thing as post-modernism
You're just a late modern. Get used to it.

His problem was that frontal assault was literally the only thing he knew. That might be okay for a lower position but an Admiral should know more. Yang exploited the shit out of it and it's a miracle Bittenfeld was still alive at the end of the series.

Imagine having such shit taste.

Show looks boring as shit too. Looks like a fucking bunch of monologues and pew pew.

>decent civilization

Terrible series. Exclusively for autistic pseuds

It's far better than its premise should allow it to be, mainly because it's extremely well-directed.

Once again the autist that hates LoGH has come out...

This guy. Lived purely off his noble birth.

>weird
No, it's just terrible.

t. brainlet

It's a series for brainlets

Well you're complete off base and so is that guy you're talking to. The empire is corrupt too, even worse than the FPA. The nobles have all the power and can cruelly mistreat their subjects without any fear of reprisal. The lowborn live in terror of their superiors and there's very little hope for someone not of noble birth ever rising to an important position in their society. Virtually all the wealth is controlled by a small group of people. The nobles constantly abused their power and authority, and this is why Reinhard eventually overthrew them after he gathered enough power and support. He then installed himself as the new Emperor and reformed the empire.

Yang Wenli, though he admired Reinhard and considered him the perfect monarch, believed that autocracy depended too much on the quality of the autocrat. A better way for longterm stability and prosperity was democracy, even despite all its flaws. Nobody knew the failures of democracy better than Yang, he suffered quite a lot because of how shitty and corrupt the FPA was, yet he still fought to defend it even against a guy he considered to be the perfect ruler.

This place needs more lotgh posts

I doubt you've even watched one episode. You probably turned it off when you realized it's mostly talking.

Fuck off back to /pol/ you stinky adolescent.
I've watched about half of it, it's terrible.

Yes, sorry, 'mostly talking' in the medium is terrible. Absolutely pretentious.
You only like it because you're a wehraboo who is too hyperactive for actual reading and too childish for good anime.

You're the same dopes that think FFT is 'teh height of GAYming'.

>half
Are you fucking serious? Did you even get to "the" part that made everyone watching either butthurt or sad?

Why would I watch more than half of pretentious, overwrought garbage? Sorry, some of us aren't children here.

Ok, I'll bite retard, only because I am curious of the taste of someone who so aggressively berates. Please suggest 5 good anime
>inb4 no utena

>anybody i dont like is le baiting retard
Sorry, I don't spoonfeed bating retards.

Utena is also bad unless you're looking for comedy.

Better idea: explain why LOGH is anything but pretentious garbage. Note that this is speaking entirely within the confines of the medium, so that must be central in your consideration. I doubt you understand the medium, hence my claim that you're just too hyperactive to actually read. You know that LOGH is based upon a novel series, right?

go back to r*ddit jesus

The series belongs on reddit, yes.

Wew. You're the one acting like a kid.

>wah stop acting socially inappropriate!
Fuck off, redditchild. Nobody gives a damn about your DEEP POLITICAL INTRIGUE.

Dude you sound really mad about something you shouldn't even care about.

Too scared, lel.

Samefag. You're the one frightened. You're too ignorant of the medium, or even the genre, to explain. You don't even fucking read, you're some /v/irgin wehraboo.

Its a show about space monarchy BTFO space democracy. I've seen many weebs here actually argue that monarchy is a good form of government because they watched this chinese cartoon and the monarchy in it was good, so obviously that means real world monarchy is good too.

No you're the one that's scared.

Just watch it before criticizing it, you dumbass. It's not libertarian or Nazi at all.

My favorite series is E7 and if it weren't so damn late I could give a very long explanation. You cannot even explain why 'muh wehraboo spes fantasy POLITICAL INTRIGUE' is good.

Okay, I'll bite.
I enjoy it because I like space, I like war, I like wars in space. I like both Reinhard and Wen-Li, and how they, and other characters, interact in the setting. I like the historical documentary style, and I like the talking. The battles could be better, but, overall, I found it very enjoyable. It's not my favorite anime, but I would put it up there.
I don't necessarily think that it's extremely deep, or politically insightful, and don't think myself some kind of superior anime connoisseur because of my enjoyment of it. In fact, my favorite anime is Urusei Yatsura, which is pure comedy.
Now, why do you hate it so much? I can understand not liking it, as everyone has different tastes, and this show clearly isn't meant for people who don't like space operas and talking, but the level of disdain you hold for this series is unusually high, wouldn't you agree?

This is sad. T. Mental health professional.

So, you're autistic. Good job.
Quacks aren't to be trusted. I prefer my ducks to be fire-roasted or stewed.

I hate it because it's pretentious, overwrought garbage that should have never gone beyond being a novel series.
It's a waste of the medium. Girls sitting around a table is more interesting.

How is it pretentious? What makes something pretentious? What media dealing with politics or war isn't pretentious, then? How is it a waste of the medium?
CGDCT isn't bad, either, but one can enjoy different types of anime.

It's pretentious because it is. 'muh political intrigue' as the focus of a series is the pinnacle of pretension. War drama is fine, 'MUH CLASHING MALE FIGURES OF POWER' is fucking ridiculous. You like it because it resembles meme American documentaries that focus on MANO A MANO CONFLICTS.
It's a waste of the medium because it's barely doing anything in the medium. It's like a fucking Bob Ross painting.
E7's war drama actually deals with the outcomes of war instead of trying to formulate some GOOD VERSUS EVIL conflict. Except the human experimentation, which is very explicit (it's centralized in Warsaw if it weren't obvious enough). Even that is only a tiny part, though, which is used as revelation in a character arc.

I hate to use their language, but it's fucking dick-waving 'patriarchal' nonsense. That sort of thing is the issue with so much of the genre. Worse, it tries so hard to seem mature ('gritty' 'realistic'). It's basically GoT but animated and especially appealing to wehraboos. Both are absolutely terrible, and violently ideologically. Too much focus on the ridiculous notion that 'might makes right'.

>That one guy shitting on LoGH for being pro-autocracy, long monologues and pew pew
He is not wrong but LoGH is great despite those factors due to well written characters and storytelling. It helps he doesn't straw man republicanism and democracy. So much so that the show loses its quality it's quality for a certain reason.

>well-written characters and storytelling
Not at all. It lacks both, actually.

What a bore you must be in life

t. autistic wehraboo obsessed with dick-waving
E7 is about surfing and partying, you idiot. No wonder, you've never even seen it.