Why are Brits larping as Anglo-Saxons(germanic people) if they don't even look the part?

Why are Brits larping as Anglo-Saxons(germanic people) if they don't even look the part?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_iVdy0s8ARE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because the genetics of most local English peoples haven't substantially changed too much since Anglo-Saxon times.

So most of them aren't actually anglo-saxon then.

Because they speak a germanic language.

Anglos are Celts genetically, sites like 23 & Me can't differentiate between Irish and English Admixture

Anglos are wewuzzers

I love how nobody on Veeky Forums has a clue about genetic studies or anything but still feels entitled to an opinion

Welcome to reddit

edit: thanks for the gold kind stranger!!!!

>genetics autism
North-west Europeans are so genetically similar that labels like "Celtic" and "Germanic" based off genetics alone are irrelevant. Culture, language, identity and history is what matters the most. Now that doesn't mean that, say, an African can be "Anglo-Saxon", but when choosing between labelling English people as Germanic or Celtic, the only reasonable option is to label them Germanic.

Keep in mind that the British Isles and much of Europe as a whole are genetically almost identical to the populations that lived there thousands of years ago, even before the Celtic language was spread to the British Isles. Really it makes just as much sense to call Brits "Bell Beakers" as it does to call them Celts.

Modern English people are largely descendents from the Anglo-Saxon invadors.

Also, Brythonic and Gaelic tribe were genetically similar to the Germanic peoples due to the same Corded Ware origin.

youtu.be/_iVdy0s8ARE

>Corded Ware
>Gaelic

Amerilard education

Because it's part of their country's history?
Also those noble's masks look cool, that's always an important part of LARPing.

Corded Ware were R1a aka Slavs

You BRITONS are R1b aka Bell Beakers aka Celts

Because they essentially erased local Briton language and culture and became the dominant group in what is now England for centuries, even when the Normans took over.

the guy is a typical western euro we-wuzer.

steppe admixture in europe comes from cwc, not beakers. yet he used map with r1b instead of r1a.

Yamna used to live as far west as the river Tisza in Hungary. That seems like a probable location for the origin of W. Euro R1b and steppe admixture.

>W. Euro R1b and steppe admixture.
no such thing. majority of it comes from cwc.

paternal lineages in w. europe come from beakers. a fact hard to swallow for r1b rich west europeans.

Your mum's a wee-guzler.

Iberian Maritime Beakers had I2.

If you hate Western Europeans so much, you can only claim their R1b ancestors came from Armenia or Dagestan and spoke non-IE languages.
You can't claim they came from Iberia because their R1b is just not in any way related to the place.

same shit, different day. do I really need to spoonfeed you sources every time you get mental breakdown?

it was already established that y-dna(r1b) of w. europeans comes from beakers.

t. delusional R1ant

There are more R1bull on the Steppes than R1ant

R1ants are European Natives while R1bulls are War-like Nomadic Steppes People like their Indo-European forefathers

It's been established it comes from the east, from the opposite direction of where the Beaker vessel tradition originates.

Now the question is where in the east, south of the Caucasus or the steppe.

>larping as their ancestors

What is the point of this thread? We all know that modern English are a mix of Germanic and Celtic, not one or the other.

Why did i chuckle at this?
Do i have autism

>>as their ancestors

They aren"t their ancestors because they are Germanized Britons

Anglos are the Turks of Europe

How can they not look the part if they're literally the part.

They're Micks LARPing as Germanics.