Why hasn't a shitcoin been able to duplicate the privacy of Monero?

Why hasn't a shitcoin been able to duplicate the privacy of Monero?

What makes it so special that some shitty knockoff can't come in with the same tech plus some cool gimmicks and overthrow it?

You see a lot of "privacy" gimmick shitcoins but none of them use the same method of Monero, why? Can't they figure it out?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/monero-project/monero#using-tor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i ask myelf that question too, equihash seems to be just like xmr, i cant see why they say some is better than other

the only thing about xmr is that its private blockchain I think, so illegal activity cant be tracked

Ummmm

Someone told me Verge privacy isn't half as good as Monero and is only using tor nodes or something and Monero is true privacy, I don't know how Monero is better and why Verge wouldn't copy the Monero method of privacy if it is so much better or maybe use both.

theres like 50 forks of monero dumbass
same reason btc is #1, it was first
also monero has the volume which you need. no use trying to move into some random fork for your privacy when it only has 0.5 btc of orders

Most of Monero's tech is developed by PhDs, forks usually die out due to Monero out pacing them. Gimmick privacy coins are just forks of dead projects with no actual devs. They usually have significant premines, try to shill the "low market cap, huge potential" meme, and then the initial whales or devs dump their bags when the price is high enough.

XSPEC is better than Monero. People talk shit about it because it operates on the TOR network instead of Kovri or covfefe or whatever the fuck its called. Deep Onion coin just mooned and that is on the TOR network. XSPEC is next in line for 5-10x gains. It works on TOR in every country where tor is banned, and that includes CHINA!.

what about this pony fucker i hear so much about?

Because the blockchain isn't opaque like Monero's. XSPEC also is just a Shadowcash clone, the tech behind it isn't new or that interesting. I still hold some because privacy coins are so fucking moonable but saying it's better than Monero is a joke.

So Monero has many active phd devs that continue to keep the coin ahead and is not just an old coin on dated technology?

He's not a dev, he just does presentations and merges pull requests. Most people who use XMR on the darkweb won't ever hear his name.
github.com/monero-project/monero#using-tor

Monero is a fork too, newfriend

Verge is basically just Bitcoin with forced Tor. Which is not something Monero has right now, but it will soon have I2P integration through Krovi, which is argumentatively better than Tor.

Uh, Zcash has even stronger privacy than Monero. And its wallet software doesn't shittily try to limit you to one address. Though on the other hand its wallet software is a shitty CLI.

Hahaha zcash is absolute shit. Bye

>a coin backed by institutions
>not having a backdoor
>alphabay owners coincidently caught soon after zcash addition.

good argument gg no re

Have you read about the details of Alphabay getting caught? Its welcome emails used to have the fucking admin's personal email address that contained his name.

Whether you like it or not, like HIM or not, Monero puts in a lot of footwork to stay visible in the community. Lots of conferences, meetups, twitter presence and work to get it adopted.

No good making a knock-off coin if no-one knows what it is or that it even exists. Same with LTC, it gains traction because it has an active presence.

Zcash has optional ZK-Snarks, which is computationally intensive. While ZK-Snarks may be 10% more secure than Monero, neither can be traced. You are adding a lock to a door inside of a volcano, and the volcano is in another galaxy. Either way, the room for that door isn't being entered. However, because ZK-Snarks are hard to compute, not even half of ZCash transactions are private at all. That kind of ruins the purpose since you lose the camouflage effect because only people who are doing things that need to be hidden are hiding their translations, and you lose FUNgibility.

>not even half of ZCash transactions are private at all
more like 3% of transactions

Also, check'd

Even the people involved in the trusted setup say it can't be trusted.

If it requires trust, it shouldn't be considered private.

Not only requires trust, but trusting Mossad, the worst blackmailers on the planet.

Guarantee you they're keep everyone's info together with a file on their internet activities, economic holdings, employment history, political leanings, noteworthy family members, antisemitic yes or no, good goy yes or no,...

Dont trust an Israeli crime syndicate with your coin, this isn't privacy it's the opposite.

There is no truly pvt coin but XMR.

OBSIDIAN

have you any knowledge about Zcoin? how does it compare to Zcash?

That's a messenger dumbass

>Monero is a fork too, newfriend

yes and the coin it forked from will be just as private in late december. you all should know what coin that is.