Why are we spending money on space programs and exploration when they are children starving in Africa?

Why are we spending money on space programs and exploration when they are children starving in Africa?

Why are there countries that are so underdeveloped there is starvation in a time when some countries can afford space travel?

Why is it the US' duty to feed Africans?

who gives, not me, go help somali people if you want, but i dont, i dont want, i am gonna stay in my castle, dont step under my murder hole

colonialism left a legacy of wars in Africa

the countries that face no war, are under autocratic dictatorship or corrupt democracies governed by self-interested politicians.

now, will we have to stop exploring the space because Africans can't get it right?

Inferior beings have the duty to support the lifestyle of the real human beings.

because theyre not important, they don't benefit humanity

>inb4 buttpain

>as if western civilization depended on Africa's economy

the west can live without some crude oil and precious (but useless) metals

[thread has been deleted or is not available]

Because of western arrogance, they post memes about Elon Musk on their iPhones while African babies are suffering brutal deaths and dying from preventable diseases.

You will keep supporting them no matter what you try to do.

I am not against "supporting" them (as if trade was support), I'm not some /pol/ racist

but I think that the western civilization doesn't depend on them. Africa only exports agricultural goods and crude minerals/oil.

And this is sad and unfortunate actually.

Economics must be tto hard for you...
Africa is a continent with great potential. All countries are trying to stablish themselves as a part of the trade deals and priviledges the succesful african countries will bring them. After the general poverty they are suffering the natural process of hierarchy has caught up. Now there are several cities with bright future. It doesn't matter if the average african is a complete retard, as the population dynamics keeps going, the smartest will prospere. Now they formed a group of politicians with militar control as the europeans tried to do when they learnt that the nation army is the main element that can make a coup.

The funny thing about capitalism is that the smartest have the opportunity to have more kids, the rest starve, wageslave or simply has a well payed job but they don't have successful companies.

Nowadays there are still militia that are capable of making several problems on african countries, but it's up to the politicians to destroy those threats.

Capitalism. African countries can't hope for much more than to be basic export economies for the time being, selling their minerals and foodstuffs to Asia and the West. Oftentimes, African governments must comply with free trade arrangements that don't favor them, but these arrangements usually come with some kind of development loans.

Right now, Nigeria and Botswana are the most successful of these types of economies. They've managed to negotiate pretty good trade deals with other countries, and wisely invested this wealth into infrastructure and education. This investment, as well as their natural resource wealth, has allowed for the development of a relatively wealthy national bourgeoisie, whose interest in stability and democracy tends to greatly help a developing economy.

56%'s burden

How are African metals useless? Rare earth metals are absolutely necessary for modern electronics to be produced. Some kind of societal collapse in Central Africa, that interrupts the extraction of these metals, wouldn't just destroy the global economy, but would halt the production of must consumer electronics as well as military and industrial computing technology.

because African countries need to develop economies and stable societies that prevent children from starving. Giving them money only leads to a cycle of dependence.

Because it's not an zero sum game. If money wasn't spent on space exploration it wouldn't be given to poor africans.

how did the 56% white meme start

>Precious but useless
Gold does quite a bit more than go well with that pearl necklace I gave your mother. Most precious metals also have very important uses outside looking nice. Gold is a great conductor that doesnt tarnish and can be easily molded. Its great for tooth fillings, thin contacts in circuitry, even its value as money comes partly from it being almost totally inert, it doesnt really oxidize or react to much so at a molecular level its pretty permanent.

More like desu

The Nigerian government is rich with oil and the only reason it needs loans in the first place is because at least $20 billion of that money has been embezzled by the thieving blacks that the Nigerian people vote into office

If it weren't for the stupidity and greed of Africans Nigeria would be Eastern Europe-tier by now

Better question; why are we wasting money on starving Africans when that money would be better spent on exploring space?

They already are lol

Nigeria has a GNI per capita higher than Moldova

We spent 1.7 billion a year on food aid.

Our 2017 budget is 1.15 trillion.

I won't help you compose your KYM article, Ledditor.

>being better than the literal shitpit country of Europe

It's actually 60%, which is the percentage of white people in America.

>saying ledditor
>in 2017

And if there hadn't been colonialism there wouldn't be wars in africa? Not saying it's not partly our fault, I'm saying that the nation building process per se has been a huge power struggle and came to be bloody pretty much anywhere.

That's not really an achievement

>GNI
>comparing it to the exception

Grasping at straws

>the most resource rich country in Africa is better than the poorest country in Europe which has literally nothing
Welp.

Eastern Europe is also corrupt as fuck.

Yet countries like have eight times its GDP per capita, and they don't have any oil to exploit. Yet somehow they steal little enough to still have something left over to improve their nations.

>left a legacy of wars in Africa
Wars cause non-retarded nations to compete with each other and drastically advance their technology.

Why are you posting on Veeky Forums when there are children starving in Africa?

Because not all countries share the same values, the same people, the same natural capital you fucking brainlet.

>I know nothing therefore I will blame capitalism

Please don't reproduce for the sake on mankind.

>le war is progress meme

Really only works for advanced industrialised nations who divert massive resources from the dirty bourgeois to R&D, rather than poor african countries who barely scrape the money to buy some second-grade AK47s for their childwarriors.

to send starving children to space obviously

66% I believe

But that stat assumes anybody of any Spanish heritage is not white, which is stupid imo

Yeah, but Mexican immigrants are basically all Mestizos who self identify as white.

>IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR GUYS!!!
Yup, you're definitely a Ledditor

A fair amount of non Mexicans (Cubans, Puerto Ricans, South Americans) are pretty white though. Look at any wealthy neighborhood in Miami

That's still greater than 0. We can do better.

>Spanish heritage
>Spanish
There's only like 500 000 Americans who are of actual Spanish descent, the rest are all Mexicans, Salvadoreans, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans and other mongrel non-white shit.

Because fuck Africans.

I like to consider it Afrasia, at least the region around the coast, where the capital is.

The wars in Africa and the Near East are run by self-profiting maniacs that mostly buy from the US anyway. A warlord isn't going to invest into the nation.

Non-whites are often lactose intolerant. They won't be able to eat the moon.

Why are we spending billions on mostly redundant military technology instead of developing/maintaining farms on arable land in sub-Saharan Africa?

Ask your local House Representative today!

>Problem: Children Starving in Africa
>Quick Fix: Take over Africa and set up Western controlled governments that have the money and backing to build infrastructure and dole out subsidies to local farmers.
Yeah no, last time we tried that everyone got on our case. At least in space nobody can claim that we are stealing land from the peaceful native moon peoples. We tried to help (kinda) and they told us to fuck off. Fine, we'll invest elsewhere. I acknowledge that colonialism is a very nuanced subject, but you can't have your cake and eat it too; if they want to rule themselves then they have to fully accept what this entails; i.e funding your own damn food.

How prepared are you to salute your soon to be Chinese colonial overlords?

Simple.

The survival of future generations by space exploration is more important than the current situation of hunger in today's generations.

If you wish to solve hunger
thou must first seize space food