What movie portrays the italian american mafia the most correctly?

What movie portrays the italian american mafia the most correctly?

Other urls found in this thread:

it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_leggenda_di_Al,_John_e_Jack
youtube.com/watch?v=d1gDo8UFUBA
youtube.com/watch?v=4Zu1YIukylw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Despicable me

Is the Sopranos a movie?

Zulu

Is this a meme I haven't heard about?

Sopranos in all honesty. There was a real life secret FBI recording of the Gambino family associates who kept cracking jokes about how they actually see themselves in that show.

Shark Tale

The God Father

All Dogs Go to Heaven

Are spongebob memes acceptable in 2017?

Goodfellas gets close

No, I was just trying to be funny.

airbud 2

it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_leggenda_di_Al,_John_e_Jack

All of them. The Mafia like to consciously pattern themselves after pop cultural portrayals of them.

Came here to say this.
>Liars
>Cheats
>Duplicitous
>Backstabbers
>Druggies
>Violent psychopaths
>Send your best friend to kill you
None of this Godfather, honor code romanticized crap. Realest scene was when Tommy D was going to get made and walked into that empty room.
>FFFFU-
>*BLAM*

>It was among the Italians. Some real greaseball shit.

Isn't The Godfather about how the old boss is trying to maintain the mafia honor code and not deal with narcotics but eventually gets killed by other members?

The mafia has always dealt in narcotics.

This is hilariously true

And the honor code has always been a myth. Even in Lucky Luciano's day, The Families were full of backstabbers, rats, and thugs. People only liked them and applauded them on the coasts because the teetotalers in the south and midwest dragged the rest of the country into prohibition which the mob openly defied. They provided a very popular service, and they rode that wave of popularity and faux-respectability long enough to cement a long term positive image in the American psyche.

Just watch a documentary on the New York Gambino crime family, you'll know all you need to know.

Imagine that, having so much power and control over a city at one point, that if some corporation wanted to construct a building, they would need to pay you off, the mafia first, in order to get your truck shipments into the city that have the necessary materials required for construction. Not just this, but anything coming into the city. You essentially jack up the prices of all commodities. That is real gangster shit.

Gas pipe casso of the luchese family had cops on this payroll. When he wanted to kill somebody they would just "arrest" the guy right off the street and deliver him to luchese hit men. Can't make this shit up.

I really wish we could get a "Gaspipe and Vic" movie. No lovable rogue, no jaded anti-hero, no sophisticated villain. Just two brutal fucking psychopaths and the most violent chapter in American Mafia history. There could be an onscreen death every four minutes in a two hour movie, and it still wouldn't do reality justice.

The music video of 'Street Dreams' by Nas

They should make a drama-comedy about the chin too. Have Adam Sandler direct it it would be top lulz.

>Fade in "Based on a true story." Fade out.
>Pause
>Fade in "No, seriously. This shit actually happened."
>Cut to title card
"The Oddfather"

I'm walkkkking on sunnnn shine!

I would've gone with Frank Sinatra's cover of You're Driving Me Crazy!
youtube.com/watch?v=d1gDo8UFUBA

Donnie Brasco

Probably goodfellas. A bunch of lying sociopaths who pay lip service to old traditions while backstabbing each other into irrelevancy.

Jimmy was Irish though.

This movie was based on real events.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Zu1YIukylw

You know, those old Seagal movies didn't age all that bad at all.

man old movies used to be fucking kino nowadays they have to inject politics into them

it didnt even happen like that irl but you tried