Alright guys- while we can still in some way manipulate upcoming DLCs and patches...

Alright guys- while we can still in some way manipulate upcoming DLCs and patches, which nations HAVE to be playable in the new game?

So if the last game focused on the age of exploration to the colonial age. Will this one start Napoleonic and you eventually get to world war 1 tech?

America

Didn't the trailer show the classical age?

Burma

It went through all the games so far

Yes
Overrated redcoats are there again
Fucking American cultural dominance making their personal obsession with their shitty first enemy a global trend....

This is an old Age of Empires ad, maybe they will follow with the original plan

1836-1936 ala Victoria II maybe. If so, i'd guess the first 8 civs

British
French
Prussians
Americans
Russians
Austrians
Spanish
Japanese

The British Empire
USSR
Nazi Germany
Fascist Italy
Etc.

Most desirable historical RTS games:

>Mongols
>Byzantines
>30 Years War/New Modern Europe
>Spanish colonization of the Americas
>Late 19th century European Imperialism
>Alexander the Great

Least desirable:
>Futuristic
>Anything after 1900
>Anything with Africa that doesn't involve Europe
>Quasi-mythical Chinese history and meme periods like Warring States era

Isnt that age of myth with the shitty chinese race?

>no minoan, assyrian, mycenaean ancient civilizations
>desirable
Hmm...

I kinda hope they will reboot the series, starting again from the ancient times

They're also making an updated version of the first game so that's probably not going to happen

Mali would like a word with you

>British Empire
>Irrelevant

Are you lost?

Have they not understand that age of empires with firearms sucks?

Go back to AoE 1 you stupid fucks and update it.

Fantastic

>Mongols

Funny your precious Mongols are actually the one with "Quasi-mythical history", they have no writing language before 13 century, they have to read Chinese records to know their origins, the only reliable ancient mongol record left (The Secret History of the Mongols) is also the Chinese version.

In contrast, your so-called "meme periods of Chinese warring states" actually leave tons of detailed and reliable records.

So no ancient Egypt?
Too bad to be you.

Already here.
Search for Age of empires "definitive edition".

Modern Era is super fucking boring, no one wants a bunch of 8 historical European civs and then a group of semi ahistorical non Europeans.

First, we would have to find out which era(s) it is set in.

That 3rd man from the left is Australian not Russian

By the time it had tricorn-wearing redcoats, it was irrelevant as fuck
Britain became relevant in the 2nd half of the 19th century, but the 18th centrury "empire" is the most depicted because of American obsession over it

>it is another medieval/early modern game

>muh comfort zone

>Britain became relevant in the 2nd half of the 19th century

I would say that it became relevant in the 1740s. Spain did not really recover from the Spanish war of Succession and during the 1730s China conquered a lot of land that was not worth it and had a very heavy upkeep to hold onto. China also had a negative trade balance in the canton trade till the middle 1760s when government action fixed that. At this point I would say the UK was the fourth most influential state in the world. It only grew stronger in relative strength during the rest of the 18th century. Then the states more powerful then the UK bet the ever loving shit out of each other.

In the post war order the UK was the second most powerful state in the world after Russia for the next 30 years till France recovered. The UK ended up over taking Russia not long after the recovery of France because France was a now a major trade partner, plus the east India company got them new land and markets in the 1830s.

Does that sound irrelevant? I mean it is a case of in moving up in the world because of stronger powers fucking themselves & each other still.

>which nations HAVE to be playable in the new game?

We don't know what period the game is taking place in.
If they are following the timeline, I imagine its probably the Revolutions, so France, Britain, USA, Spain, Russia, Austria, Prussia, China would be playable.
A lot of empty space on the map though, if thats the case.

Alternatively, Victorian and industrialization? Not sure how factories&trains would work in an AoE game.

KANGZ, leader: WE WUZ

it pretty much showed stylized versions of all the box arts from the games and expansions

inb4 Microsoft makes one of the civilizations black for political correctness reasons and everyone loses their shit

USA

>mfw it's the US one
>mfw they pull an AoM campaign and Washington is replaced by a freed black slave as the first president

The American Revolution atleast was part of AoE3 already.

They should go back to the Middle Ages or Ancient world.

Gunpowder a shit.

Fun Fact: Arabs, Jews, Turkic and Iranian people count as "white" for this graph.
Fun Fact 2: Fuck off back to >>/pol/

I've only played total war games, would it be worth starting on aoe 4, what's the main differences between tw and aoe?

>nu relic
just stop
do you really expect nu-males and women to make a good historical RTS?

If it is Napoleon-WW1 nation list would be pretty easy.
>america
>uk
>russia
>japan
>germany
>france
>china
>ottomans
>some irrelevant meme african state to fill out diversity check list
>sell shit like italy, brazil, spain, etc. as dlc each costing $10-$20

>Napoleon-WW1

So Age of Artillery?
I guess its a good period to hit all the basic troop types - light and heavy infantry, light and heavy cavalry, small and big guns. And a mix of melee and range too.

nu fuck off to nu pol

hi leftypol
found a pic of you

TW: rts battles with turn based grand strategy light gameplay between them.
AoE: generic rts base building, researching and fighting with historical theme.

Hapsburg Spain
Leader is Charles II

MEME IT

>Mali
>some slightly better armed nigs with lotsa blink decide to bully some slightly worst armed nigs with no blink

Woah, tops game dude

They did and it was awful

Isn't that the case with all civilizations though?

He's overreacting over americans giving 18th century Britain the relevance of early 20th century Britain, which is still an obnoxious thing to do.

AoE never gave a shit about "the map", it's not total war. Before expansions AoE III is all Europe "except" for Ottos. Even AoE before expansions has a lot of empty space.

It's what made it fun.
Battling Turks and Spain in Yukon was amazing.

No, most civilizations have other interesting civilizations bordering them at some point.

I agree.

fuck this shit it will never be as good as aoe2 just a fucking cash grab from normies

I would do something about these empires that doesn't appear to much,the assirians,the Hittites,mugal, Indochina, Portugal, Sweden,and others
I would call it forgotten empires or something like that

> Songhai

They're basically the same.

Anyone else want AoE to just go full Empire Earth-tier?
>15 epochs
>Fuckton of different units
>Air superiority actually matters
>Decent amount of buildings (Some unique to exclusive civilizations)
>Can create your own civilization
>Pre-made civilizations have various bonuses that excel in certain epochs
>Maps are randomly generated, but you can choose a specific style of the map to be generated (Tournament islands, highlands, mediterrenean, plains etc.)
>Advanced Map Editor with which you can basically create your very own campaigns

Fuck it, I'll name the whole epochs right now:
>Prehistoric Age
>Stone Age
>Copper Age
>Bronze Age
>Dark Age (Yes meme age I know)
>Middle Ages
>Rennaisance
>Imperial Age
>Industrial Age
>Atomic Age - World War 1
>Atomic Age - World War 2
>Atomic Age - Modern
>Digital Age
>Nano Age
>Space Age
Perhaps remove the future ages and maybe not make the AI as retarded and scummy

>Can create your own civilization

Why did they remove that for Empire Earth 2?

If you want from a stone age to near future game RoN > EE. Plus it's city mechanics added an interesting twist to generic RTS structure ö.

No clue, I'm guessing they didn't like that you could make OP shit? I used to combine stuff like Paratroopers + Cheap planes so I could barrage islands with a ton of units, but to circumvent that they could've just removed the more OP stuff like Expansionism (Instantly build Town Centers instead of settlements) or balance them out. That or they were just too lazy. I played EE II before but it didn't feel as fun as the first.

Cheers, I'll check that game out.

I can hear the menu theme, fuck.

Terra imperium
Terra imperium
Armipotentis
Hostilis
Formidabilis
Sanguinis
Aedifico
Exploro
Imperator
Supera
Terra tua
Terra tua.

I know you're wrong, but don't know enough about North Africa to argue

That game was fucking crazy. There were some buildings that didn't upgrade so you could build crossbowmen in the Nano age or whatever it was called. It got a really good campaign too.

Funny how Russia Novaya will probably be a thing

>we
sod off

Ye the campaigns were great, my personal favourite would be the English campaign. However I just fucking love the Russian campaign's artwork

Napoleon-WW1 would be great. You could have ages like:
>I 1800's: War of 1812, Napoleonic Era
>Line Infantry, Cavalry Charges, Cannons
>II 1850's: American Civil War, Franco-Prussian War, Crimean War
>Introduction of air balloons which grant huge sight, rail lines allow you to transport units across large distances and serve as trade routes
>III 1910: Balkan Wars, Italo-Turkish War, Russo-Japanese War
>Trenches, howitzers, early machine guns, planes used for scouting
>IV 1918: WWI
>Tanks, aircraft with offensive capabilities like bombers and fighters, trench warfare encourages long lines of attack slowly moving forward and supply lines.

Civilizations could include: America, Britain, Spain, Germany, France, Russia, Japan, Italy, Ottomans, Ethiopia. I would like to fit China in somewhere, but they lost everything during that time period.

I hope there will be no DLC.

I think that is way too broad of a topic. Even though there are lots of different units, they have very vague roles and the game is usually just a rush to end game power weapons. Age of Empires has stuff going on in each age and is more focused.

>North Africa
Stop pretending you know shit when you don't even know where Mali and Songhai are.

Maybe campaigning for mod support would be the best idea in the long run.
For the game probably something like 2d sprites in a 3d environment would be best to avoid slow downs but really the best AOEs were known for their premodern story settings. Without a total war like system there probably is no point to making the game.

Novaya Rossia, was it?
In general I like antique stuff more than modern, but for that campaign I made an exception.

It is okay Yuri, this truck is just carrying potatoes. You may pass

MY DREAMS

>Hmmmm, I could check this truck just to be sure, I mean there is a civil war going on... but then again, it does say "potatoes" on it...

Never noticed the writing before

You still doubt me Molotov? Perhaps your men need to be taught a lesson, one that I learned from Cortés...

Just don't include Sampsons. OP pls nerf

Lmao Europeans are basically just sjws at this point, triggered by literally everything

>Reeeeeee nobody cares about my irrelevant shitty country

AOE 3 was so good

It was the worst RTS ever made.

Personally I would like them to redo the Middle Ages (a completely new game though, not an improved version of AOE2) but unfortunately this will never happen because nostalgiautists would inevitably get upset about it not being as good as AOE2.

not as bad as Planetary Annihilation, and probably others

Absolutely ridiculous statement to its hilt.

Damn, it's worse than I thought.

>being this fucking wrong

Micrococks shills GTFO

I wonder why nobidy has created a cold war game yet

The Wargame series and World in Conflict spring to mind.

Austrians

>Spanish
>No Ottomans

Nah senpai that would be cool

Call it Age of Griots or something, set in early medieval West Africa

They WUZ kings despite the meme and some of us are bored of everything being about euro history just because the Europeans were (thankfully and to their credit) autistic about writing everything down

Yes

>RoN
who

>EE
hoo

>not knowing Rise of Nations

Stop with the medieval west africa meme, that wouldn't be fun. See I know it's gonna make your ass sore but go and try to sell the era to me.

If you want muh africa so badly, W. Africa after/during the fall of Songhai and before colonialism offers way more options and conflict (and variety). Not very politically correct since half the relevant players base their economies on the slave trade in some form or another tho.

A realistic contextual account of the slave trade would definitely be a bonus of a West African game imo

But you're right that early modern would be more interesting than medieval.