You do realize BTC is inevitably going to die out despite its current hype?

You do realize BTC is inevitably going to die out despite its current hype?

The best blockchain will always win. You know BTC is not the best. When the masses understand Bitcoin, their next realization is to move onto a better platform.

25% of all BTC is lost forever and more keep getting lost.

The mining process itself is outdated and consumes too much electricity.

Petrol isn't the best fuel but here we fucking are.

Volvo will only make electric cars by the year 2019.

ETH is proof that marketing matters more than technical details, ETC is better in every way except marketing.
BTC has the best marketing of any coin in existence as well as first mover advantage.

electric cars were more popular than petrol cars in the 1910s but that changed.
and that Volvo thing is miss represented by the media. they count hybrids in that

>first mover advantage

In the end, the first one through the door gets shot.

>ETC is better in every way except marketing.

As I understand it, the ETC team is just a bunch of autistic purists. So yeah you're probably right.

It already has, the altcoins took half its market, and now LTC and XMR are moving in

It has nothing to do with this. raise the block limit and everything's fine, but someone wants more money, like usual and so does blockstream/core

ETH is not a decentralized currency and it's had security problems on top of that.

BCC is the King.

>BCC is the King.

I think BCC is sketchy. It pretty much has all the problems that scare me about BTC, like the fact that transactions are non-refundable, meaning coins will keep getting lost and technically we could reach a point where all humanity fights over one satoshi. Then someone loses it.
At that point we'd also need several nuclear fusion plants just for mining the damn thing. Currently BTC mining takes up as much electricity as a European country. Does a Visa money transfer require that? NO.

I'll ignore your outrageous claims and nitpicking and get to the point: if you're comparing a VISA to Bitcoin, then you don't know what Bitcoin is.

Fast, cheap transactions without bending over or bowing down to usurers.

Perhaps Bitcoin is just a conspiracy made by graphics card manufacturers and electricity suppliers.
They're the ones winning.

>doesn't know what it is
it has become a conspiracy but not at all in the way you imply and it didn't begin that way.

Let me know if you want reading suggestions or better yet, do at least minimal research before making a thread. You're lost in the woods, user.

>if you're comparing a VISA to Bitcoin, then you don't know what Bitcoin is.
Hurr, durr, blockchain…
Yeah, I get all the background and ideas behind it, such as
>Fast, cheap transactions without bending over or bowing down to usurers.
but in the end, if BTC does have any use, it is EXACTLY what visa is, a means of getting a token of value from buyer to seller, i.e. exchanging currency. And for that, it is horribly inefficient.
Oh, and
>Fast, cheap transactions
Have you tried sending BTC in the last months?
It is neither.

BTC is no longer bitcoin, if you knew what it was I wouldn't have to tell you that.

The scaling solution as prescribed from the beginning was abandoned to sabotage the coin.

The difference between bitcoin and VISA, numbnuts, is there are no loans involved or hoops to jump through, and NO THIRD PARTY. So obviously I mean BCC, which costs .05 and sends in 5 minutes.

PEER TO PEER
E
E
R

T
O

P
E
E
R

Yeah keep on doubling the block size till you can do 20 000 transactions a second, sounds doable.

>BTC is no longer bitcoin, if you knew what it was I wouldn't have to tell you that.
fine, XBT, or BCC, or BBC, or BBW or whatever it's shorthand is.

>The difference between bitcoin and VISA, numbnuts, is there are no loans involved or hoops to jump through, and NO THIRD PARTY.
But no one cares about the third party. In fact, for 99% of people that third party is a benefit, since I can simply call them if something goes wrong.
Seller is a fraud? One call and I got my money back.
Wrong adress? One call and I got my money back.
And with BBW? Who you gonna call? Satoshi Nakamoto?
And the loans no one cares about, since you don't see or notice it.
And what hoops? There are none. It's much easier than BTC.

>So obviously I mean BCC, which costs .05 and sends in 5 minutes.
Havent tried that, I admit, since there is no use for it, even less than for the other B**. But 0.05 what? BCC? Thats a fucking huge fee!

>inb4 nocoiner
nope.

Do your research and you might learn something.

8 MB is 8x btc' current limit and increases are prescribed in thee whitepaper up to 32 MB, an could be increased from there if crypto took over fiat.

8 MB accomodates the current market fine, BTC and BCC combined, and there's room to grow for years before the next increase.

Then use the bank and fuck off.

dude please stop

Get lost Jihan, you filthy gook. Nobody wants your zipperhead Shitcoin Trash.

you stop, Veeky Forums has obv become a forum for crypto and bitcoin, a field you know next to nothing about.

-Use the bank if it suits you
-Fuck off

>Then use the bank and fuck off
I do use the bank. Three in fact. I also use the stockmarket.
And hence I know what weak points they have, and I hope this gets adressed by innovation, the blockchain and it's related features being a key player in that.
But as of now:
Crypto is for making money with my fuck-you money and seeing where it takes me.
Oh, and drugs, I suppose, but since I can't get my favorite drug with crypto, I don't care about that.

not a gook, kike

You don't get it user, maybe you're too old. Stick to banking if you can't type a number correctly, they will take care of you for a small fee and some control.

I know you condescending autist.

None of that gets you close to visa's 24 000 transactions a second. To get to the point where it's fucking widely used you will need

A SECOND LAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're looking so far into the future when you talk about 22000 tx, come back to planet earth user. How many do you send a minute personally? I send one, maximum. It gets there in 5 minutes with BCC. And I'm not limited to bank loans in exchange for goods, I can also send th medium, the currency itself, to whomever I like for whatever reason, reegrdless of who they bank with or if they even have a bank. And I can do this from the comfort of my home.

>Bitcoin shouldn't compete with Visa because I'm so literal that I find the idea triggering

BCH cucks

>You don't get it user, maybe you're too old.
I think you are the one who's not getting it.
I'm talking about actual, large scale use in business and for normal people. And for that, we need a better system as Bit*coin. And also a better system as the current one, but your Bit*whatever ain't that system.
Sure, for your libertarian dreamworld, everything that fights the (((banks))) and (((them))) is a nice thing and you would want to avoid that
>they will take care of you for a small fee and some control.
But Bit*something is not that.
It also demands that "small fee" and it's anything but not controlled by a few central folks. And as of now, banks are more trustworthy and future proof than the current chinese mining cartel.
What you want is gold.

BCC is not controllled by any banks whatsoever and BTC didn't used to be.

5 cents and the money goes. No forms, no lines, no personal info, no nosy teller asking me what I'll use the money for if I withdraw a few thou. No drive to the bank at all. No one to tell me they're keeping my money overnight to bet on the horserace. Not being subject to bank hours. Not dealing with transactions that don't go through. Not spending hours on the phone when they fuck something up. I could go on and on. And I'm not libertarian.

Gold is fine in its own right namely as a store of value but it doesn't work as a global currency.

forgot to add that ISA is not currently a cmpetitor with Bitcoin, it's the other way around. Blocksize on BCC is more than enough for cheap, smooth transactions.

Bcc is controlled by the Chinese communist party. You're advocating jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.
I don't tink so, Zhang.

If the mining is controlled by Chinese, tht's because they chose to mine the coin with value. Some chinamen I don't know will make 5 cents off my tx's, instead of some englishmen or frenchies, what do I care? If only Chinese are purueing the coin that's worth a shit than the nonChinese miners are idiots who don't deserve that profit.

But there are many huge mining pools out there, I believe your mischaracterizing.

Why do al you faggots keep calling me Zhang, Jhan, gook libertarian? I'm none of the above. I value BCC for the service it offers.

GTG old farts that means I "gottaa go"

Good luck on your trades I hope Gold makes 1350. Posted this on the wrong thread the first time

Even the name "Bitcoin Cash" is fucking stupid.

If I tell my noncoiner friend that Bitcoin Cash will be the future of money, he first asks me what the fuck is bitcoin and what does the cash mean.
Then I continue to explain that there used to be a cryptocurrency called Bitcoin and they made another one called Bitcoin Cash that is said to be much better. At this point he will be like "yeah fuck that".

It literally is less profitable to mine you stupid cuck and the retardation of the EDA means it will inflate faster and become even more expensive to mine.

BCH has a year to live.

Gasoline has far better energy density than coal, hydrogen, or batteries.

I hope you're not comparing gasoline to hydrogen, man.
If we could use the energy that holds atoms' nuclei together we could have an unlimited source of energy that is never depleted and doesn't pollute _at all_.

Same with Bluray vs HD-DVD

>Oh, and drugs, I suppose, but since I can't get my favorite drug with crypto, I don't care about that.
You have me curious. Which drug is it? Why can you not buy it with crypto?

It's alcohol.
And AFAIK, there is no one selling good Beer, Wine or Spirits for crypto here in Germoney.

Imagine owning a mint condition model T today. No, you wouldn't drive it. You telling me it wouldn't have a buyer?

You're making my argument

Ah yeah.
There were a few bars that accept BTC years ago in America. Not sure how that's going on.

It's a niche trade. Where to work in public you already need to follow regulations tightly, which makes it difficult to work online in the first place.
Very limited internet presence, which by large needs to follow regulations in the first place, means a lack of benefit for using crypto in the first place.
The reduced cost by cutting out the middleman for trade would not out-profit the markup to trade in the first place. And using an unregulated system of trade would put the vendor under scrutiny.

I actually feel kind of bad for them, now. Oh well.

>in the first place like 5 times
Goodness. Why in the hell did I do that? Sorry.