At what point could Hitler have stopped his advance before or during World War II so as to keep everything he gained?

At what point could Hitler have stopped his advance before or during World War II so as to keep everything he gained?
I think anschluss with Sudetenland would have been a good place to end it.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think so too. France and Britain's publics were too war-weary from WW1 to support an offensive war against Germany. The USSR might have tried something eventually, but it would have had to occupy Poland to get to Germany, which would have pissed off Britain and France and possibly caused them to support Germany against the Soviets. Also, I think that Soviet armies would have been pretty ineffective in a war of conquest. The real timeline German invasion forced the Soviets to get good quick or die and filled their soldiers with zeal to defend their nation. This would have not been the case in an offensive campaign.
Hitler was truly a fool.

I think their economy was running on empty and they were threatened by another bout of debilitating hyper-inflation and just had to go to war sooner or later.

Considering the wirtschaftswunder pulled off by Ludwig Erhard, an economic recovery without war was certainly possible. I assume Hitler was going to war more for ideological reasons a la lebensraum.

Maybe. However, we know for a fact that in the real timeline, going to war caused near-apocalyptic levels of destruction to Germany. Which means that, no matter how bad the economic fallout would have been had Germany not gone to war, it almost certainly wouldn't have been as bad as what actually resulted from war.

August 31st, 1939

I still don't understand what caused Hitler to make such a colossal blunder as invading Poland. Here's what the British told him when they got word of the invasion:
>Early this morning the German Chancellor issued a proclamation to the German Army which indicated clearly that he was about to attack Poland. Information which has reached His Majesty's Government in the United Kingdom and the French Government indicates that German troops have crossed the Polish frontier and that attacks upon Polish towns are proceeding. In these circumstances it appears to the Governments of the United Kingdom and France that by their action the German Government have created conditions, namely, an aggressive act of force against Poland threatening the independence of Poland, which call for the implementation by the Governments of the United Kingdom and France of the undertaking to Poland to come to her assistance. I am accordingly to inform your Excellency that unless the German Government are prepared to give His Majesty's Government satisfactory assurances that the German Government have suspended all aggressive action against Poland and are prepared promptly to withdraw their forces from Polish territory, His Majesty's Government in the United Kingdom will without hesitation fulfil their obligations to Poland.
Basically, the British and French told Hitler in clear language that if he did not cancel the invasion, war would be on. Yet he continued the invasion.

>The USSR might have tried something eventually, but it would have had to occupy Poland to get to Germany
you know that the soviets occupied half of poland in 1939, right?
>Also, I think that Soviet armies would have been pretty ineffective in a war of conquest.
which is why they conquered eastern europe in WWI?
>the Soviets to get good quick or die and filled their soldiers with zeal to defend their nation.
On the contrary, the soviet forces became demoralized because the huge element of surprise of Barbarossa. Without a German invasion all of the resources of Ukraine and Western russia would be in Soviet hands, as opposed to 1941. This means that soviet production would have outpaced germany even faster than in WWII and they would also have easier learning curve than 1941. This, anyway, is all predicated on Stalin launching an invasion, which is dubious.

> wirtschaftswunder
it had an ENTIRELY different basis of recovery than the Nazi's, the latter being based on borrowing gigantic amounts of money and investing it all in a war economy, which created jobs in war industry. The products of war industry are essentially useless, though, if you don't use it for war. So it was either invading Europe and stealing money so you don't have to pay back your debts (which Hitler made quite explicit since the 1920s he wanted to launch a war of conquest for living space and to enslave slavs) or stop the drive to autarchy and reintegrate into the European economy.

>you know that the soviets occupied half of poland in 1939, right?
Yes, but the Germans did the bulk of the work in that campaign. More importantly, the German attack on Poland gave diplomatic cover to the Soviet one. In an alternate timeline in which Germany stayed put and the USSR attacked Poland, the USSR would have drawn the opprobrium of Britain and France, and Germany would have had a chance to position itself as a defender rather than an attacker. This means that there would probably never have been a war between Germany and Britain/France/the US... and Germany's military situation would have been a lot more manageable.
>which is why they conquered eastern europe in WWI?
They were allied with Britain and France in WWI... trying the same thing in 1939 or the early 40s without Germany having attacked first would have even more completely isolated the USSR on the world stage than they were as it was... sure, they could roll over Poland and Romania, etc. But I think that eventually these moves would have motivated some sort of coordinated defense from some combination of Britain, France, Germany, and the US. My point is simply that this alternate scenario is much more favorable to Germany than the real one.
>This, anyway, is all predicated on Stalin launching an invasion, which is dubious.
I agree.

He could have gotten away with taking Czechoslovakia, but the invasion of Poland started the war.

the polacks were murdering ethnic germans, he had to step in

Did it, the British and French were painfully active. Have you never heard of the Phony War.

Don't worry, he was killing non-ethnic germans user.

Why didn't Hitler just crush leningrad? It would've freed up a lot of Axis troops and greatly lowered Soviet morale.

>>Also, I think that Soviet armies would have been pretty ineffective in a war of conquest.
Retard, we owned most of Eastern Europe during WWI, and had to abandon parts of it because of the losses.

Why didn't Hitler just crush USA and take all its manufacturing and resources?

>At what point could Hitler have stopped his advance before or during World War II so as to keep everything he gained?
He couldn't. It would have fucked the German economy, which was grossly outspending on its military and welfare state and could only stay afloat through continuous foreign engagement.

If at any point he had stopped before taking out the Soviet Union, it would only have been for the Red Army's benefit, giving them breathing room to raise and train fresh troops and mass them for offensives. Time was not on Germany's side in the East during World War 2, they severely underestimated the industrial capacity of the Soviet Union.

It begins.

The war was inevitable.

"Poland wants war with Germany and Germany will not be able to avoid it even if she wants to." (Polish Marshal Rydz-Smigly as reported in the Daily Mail, August 6th, 1939)

>Stormfags making up quotes again.
Funny how nobody ever seems to be able to cite to this supposed Daily mail article. And if Poland was so hot set for war, why didn't they mobilize in the beginning of August?

its not a pol thing to know that poland got quite cocky before the war, there were atrocities against germans and they indeed envisioned marching in berlin in case of a war

its not quite dindonuffin the country

Source?

I'm sure you'll be able to back up all of those claims with primary sources?

Isn't it funny how stormtards can post photos of pages from obscure books about the holocaust, yet all these quotes that are apparently in newspapers and Churchill's books, are only ever shown as text. Really causes one to ponder.

reddit.com

>Syria
>Lebanon
>Britain

These are French clay

Somewhere around the point when it was clear that britain wanted that war at all costs and were looking for an excuse to start it --> poland
Nazis got lured in because of the few incidents were a lot of ethnic germans got killed by polish people.
britain wanted this war because Germany got waaay to influental and powerful with their own non gold backed currency. Churchill listened to his banker friends and all hell broke lose.
I do have to admit it was an amazing feat. to pull the american public into the war and make them hate nazis.
The pro german sentiment was gigantic in the US with a lot of local newspapers and governments using german as first language.

You dont know about how poland was very supportive of germany until that one leader died and the other one was put in his place? Who was basically an UK proxy ? Im not saying ther germans werent ready and willing for war but they had reason behind it. denying that is retarded.

I'd say anything before Operation Barbarossa.
Hitler should have tried diplomacy with the soviet union and continued trading for oil, while fortifying the border. The Soviets lacked the numbers or the capability to launch a successful offensive at the time, as had been shown in Finland, so Hitler didn't need to worry.

Britain pretty much couldn't touch him, so he was safe in that regard, and America hadn't entered the war yet. All the cards were in his deck, he should have just sat tight instead of gambling everything.

What he should have done is perhaps go on the offensive in North Africa, taking Gibraltar and Egypt, cutting the British off from the Med sea and from their empire, whilst supporting uprisings in the middle east and India.

This combined with Japanese offensives would have meant the British could do little against him, and he would have been set and secure.

That's nice, but it's not a clipping from the supposed article.

>taking Gibraltar and Egypt, cutting the British off from the Med sea and from their empire, whilst supporting uprisings in the middle east and India.
And how would he do all of that? You'd have to exceed Tobruk port's capacity regards to transporting supplies

Hitler declaring war to America done a bit to help that i think...

Tripoli's as well
>At Tripoli, however, the problems of maintaining an army in North Africa were only beginning. By this time, the front had been stabilized at Sirte. 300 miles east of Tripoli. Since there was no adequate railway running eastward from Tripoli. this meant that even under the most favorable circumstances, the Axis forces would have to operate at a distance from their base half again as large as that normally considered the limit for the effective supply of an army by motor transport.

He probably would have been able to snatch Danzig too. It was an autonomous territory with only a small fort outside the city itself so german troops could have just occupied it and nobody would have been able to do anything about it.

Out of good reason, the US were already waging non active war against Germany.

All in all Germany got baited fucking hard and did a few very bad decision, not decimating the brits when they could, not taking russian winter in account, underestimating the US/Soviet propaganda system etc.

And remembers boys, there were no good boys in this war. No one fought for what is right. Especially not the US.

>decimating the brits when they could

And when was this?

Hitler still hoped for a treaty with England and hoped for their support.
>Dunkirk
>the blitz

The Luftwaffe couldve bombed the whole island to bits if they had gotten the order. RAF was waaay behind the Luftwaffe in term of airplanes and pilots, they caught up really fast but in the beginning they wouldnt know what to do (also nice to notice is that germanys let their flying aces fly constantly and not stay behind and teach newcomers, thats why so many Luftwaffe pilots have these insane records)

>Hitler let the BEF escape because he wanted peace

This shit again..

Did you miss that whole thing where they DID get the order?

Hitler was quite fond of the english before and in the beginning of the war.
Thats a historic fact whats your problem?
They did hold back in the beginning, also historic fact. Again, what did i say wrong?

>t. /pol/ internet defense force

That whole thing where the BEF were being bombed night and day by the luftwaffe, with clearly marked hospital ships being sunk and captured soldiers mistreated and murdered?

[citation needed]

>Hitler should have tried diplomacy with the soviet union and continued trading for oil, while fortifying the border.
A major economic goal of fascism was autarky. Trading for oil makes Germany dependent on other countries which is incompatible with the nationalistic and self-sufficient goals of autarky.
>The Soviets lacked the numbers or the capability to launch a successful offensive at the time, as had been shown in Finland, so Hitler didn't need to worry.
This is why he attacked the USSR in the first place. If the Soviet Union had beaten Finland, or even if they hadn't lost as embarrassingly as they did, Hitler might've thought twice before opening a second front.

I believe that's irrelevant. Only losers feel the need to make "what if" statements. The best won, the worst lost. That's how history is made and that's how the nazis even commited suicide. Pathetic losers.

Whatever you say, nu-fag

>le newfag boogyman
>getting triggered over neo-nazi propaganda being called out

It doesn't matter how many times you try to mention those "white" supremacy people. There could be a country with 100% of "white" supremacists but that still wouldn't stop your replacement. Let's be honest, you cannot do anything to stop it. Face your extinction, cancer.

Honey, are you that virgin to save those cringe pictures on your phone? The best won. The worst lost. Case closed.

I feel bad for your small brain capacity

So your reason for your loser nazi intentions is brain capacity? I wonder how many chinese you let into your country. I wonder what would you do with people with less brain size, or simply less height thus average brain size.

It's pretty simple. If they were good, they would have won. They didn't. The same "what if" is the typical loser delusion, that's why I mentioned it earlier.

>So your reason for your loser nazi intentions is brain capacity? I wonder how many chinese you let into your country. I wonder what would you do with people with less brain size, or simply less height thus average brain size.
What? I have no idea what you are trying to say here.
>If they were good, they would have won
So good guys always win?
>Only losers think what if
And only brainlets see things black and white, things are more complicated than "the best won and the worst lost".

It's simple. Might is right. No matter how many retards engage that delusion they would still lose.
>black and white
Literally all nazi apologists. You cannot even check yourself. That's why they lost.

As I said before, if they were that good they wouldn't have lost and get BTFO'd so pathetically hard.

>You cannot even check yourself
You are not a nazi for wondering "what if..."
>As I said before, if they were that good they wouldn't have lost and get BTFO'd so pathetically hard.
And how did they lose? How did the winner win? What was the deciding factor? What could have gone differently? Things are deeper than winners win and losers lose.

The funny thing is that the losers are the ones who are more interested on the loser side of "history". Of course there are details, strategy and tacticians, but all demonstrates that the fact: if they were that good they wouldn't have lost that pathetically bad.

Retarded downie anglo "naziboos" vs retarded down anglo "commies"

the thread.

Youre whole country is one giant larp fest these days its fucking sad.

Ever heard of a Pyrrhic victory? The winner often wins thanks to certain circumstances like numbers and environment despite the loser having a better k/d ratio in combat, this was certainly the case in WW2.

I dont know if youre trolling or actually believe that the US is the "Winner" of the war.
You were a glorified supply line if anything.

Irrelevant. The fact that they declared war to countries superior to them is the same cause they lost.
K/D rates is literally the same shit that mongrel eurangutang says about his beloved "indians" developing at a faster rate and adapting quickly to all circumstances, yet they lost.

As I said before, it's irrelevant the little details of the contenders as the people who you think were that good actually got BTFO'd so hard that their leader even started chimping out so fucking pathetically he managed to put kids on the front, before killing himself.

And why do you think they got BTFOd so hard? Because any sort of peace agreement was always off the table so the war carried on until total victory was achieved.

Refer to this post: Might is right.

Literally anything before partitioning Poland.

What? If peace is not an option for either party then the war will carry on until one of the parties completely collapses which is exactly what happened. It is not a matter of how good or bad you are, it is a matter of how you obtain victory.

As I said before all the consequences demonstrates their "good"/superiority or whatever you want to call it. They got BTFO even though America didn't even intervene that much compared to anglos or commies. The result of victory is what determines the might.

The Norwegians, Belgians, Finns and Dutch fought for their independence. I'd say they were good.

Is there a chance that the Reich administration would have suspected that claim to be a bluff, considering the Nations' war-weary state?

Ever heard of the Pacific Theatre? The U.S. won that pretty much singlehandedly.

What country are you fucking talking about. There are no flags on this board retard.

?????

t. only correct person in the whole thread.

Germany needed to go to war because they were defaulting/about to default on the massive amounts of loans they had taken out in order to build their economy. They had no way of payong these back, and thus went to war in an attempt to get money to cover the funding gap.

Those who mentioned autarky are correct as well, but that ties in with the loans thing as Fascist governments wouldn't want to be beholden to foreign actors through debt.

>supply lines don't win wars
kraut detected

That's just retarded. He could have just said "fuck you all" and not pay anything. Germany would have been large enough to sustain themselves. The idea that Germany was at the brink of collapse seems ridiculous.

>suspected that claim to be a bluff
Was it not? Germany had to strike first, because France and Britain didn't do anything. Poland fell and nothing happened. Britain would have surely also fallen if America or the Soviets didn't step in.

I think Hitler believed that his only chance was to strike the soviets before they were too strong and that the soviets would attack him if he didn't attack them first. (I think he was right with that assessment, but we'll never know).

I bet you have pineapples on your pizza, you retard.

He could (and was on a good way to) broker an alliance of all eastern and central europe against the USSR, without the need to invade Poland.

With the reds on the rise in France, it would have been a matter of time before the establishment there would rally to that same alliance.

>Britain would have surely also fallen if America or the Soviets didn't step in.
Between the Royal Navy and the Commonwealth Air Training Plan there was no way Germany would make landfall in the UK.

Czechoslavakia

Poland would not have been invaded by Russia without Germany invading Poland. If Germany had not been so stupid the west would have focused on Russia for the invasion of Finland.

So Churchill forced the UK to war huh?
Got any other facts you would like to share?

The USSR only started shit because everyone were so focused on Germany

You really think the Soviets would invade Finland without the Germans recognizing it in their sphere of influence in the MR pact, or Munich showing that Britain and France are unable or unwilling to intervene in these sorts of brushfire wars?

>The Luftwaffe couldve bombed the whole island to bits
Ahahahaha
With what strategic bombers?
Ignoring the fact the RAF demolished the Luftwaffe in the battle of Brittain

Or the fact that no matter how many planes the Germans fielded, their fighters only had range to escort bombers over southern England and back; a 1940 109 barely had enough fuel for 10 minutes dogfighting over London.

Yes I think they would have, the Soviets wanted to retake the territory that broke off after world War 1. Also at least according to them, it was to protect Lenningrad.

Yes but they never dared to make a move towards anyone before WW2 started because everyone were really anticommunist and they could not afford to isolate themselves more. After the invasion of Czechoslovakia and the start of WW2 everyone suddenly became antifascist instead of anticommunist so the USSR could easily get their half of eastern Europe almost unnoticed.

>the Soviets invaded Eastern Europe before they were even in power. Also Brest-Litovsk never happened.
Whoa, how did they do it?

Hitler did occupy Leningrad though.

It is true ethnic Germans were attacked by Poles but that happened AFTER Germany had already attacked their country.

The German language actually fell out of use in the US after WWI.

> the US were already waging non active war against Germany.
Boycotting goods because of Krystallnacht isn't an "active war."

no
they had encircled Leningrad but he never captured the city itself

the war was already on in china/far east ussr, without hitler japan still would have gone to war with europe/america in the pacific....

>It's simple. Might is right.
Ironically despite claiming to be opposed to Nazis that is an actual part of Nazi ideology itself...

source would be nice

Didn't they steal all the gold out of that one building though?