To what extent was Lenin motivated by desire for revenge for his brother?

Certainly to a big extend. I don't think k that that's something negative because if anything it ultimately lead him to succeed.

About 60-65%

He wanted to LARP as Rakhmetov from 'What is to be done?'. Arguably influenced his revolutionary streak far more than any he read by Marx.

Lenin did nothing wrong.

Lenin did nothing*

Not all that big, Lenin wasn't a sentimental guy

Uh he was a communist mass-murderer.

Lenin was a backstabing opportunist, the mass murderer was Uncle Joe

Wrong, Lenin was a mass-murderer too.

In what mass murder did he have responsibility?

Is this bait?

The mass murder of anons peenus weenus.

His brother was an even bigger faggot

...really?

If you're not trolling, look up the Red Terror.

>you'll never save at least one of them

not his fault really

>Ywn feel the pleasure of brutally murdering monarchs that lived lives of luxury while your people were starved and killed.

Lenin was an opportunist who cucked even his own comrades for power.

Follow your leader

I'm not a Marxist-Leninist but I would've done the exact same to the Romanov family. I probably would have had them killed earlier.

I can understand why they killed the Tzar, but killing the whole family was excessive and unnecessary.

Oh yea lets give other fractions the opportunity to use them as bargaining chips to claim legitimacy

It was mostly to demoralize the White Army and I assume an act of revenge.

>Alexey Kabanov, who ran out onto the street to check the noise levels, heard dogs barking from the Romanovs' quarters and the sound of gunshots loud and clear despite the noise from the Fiat's engine. Kabanov then hurried downstairs and told the men to stop firing and kill the family and their dogs with their gun butts and bayonets.[95] Within minutes, Yurovsky was forced to stop the shooting because of the caustic smoke of burned gunpowder, dust from the plaster ceiling caused by the reverberation of bullets, and the deafening gunshots. When they stopped, the doors were then opened to scatter the smoke.[93] While waiting for the smoke to abate, the killers could hear moans and whimpers inside the room.[96] As it cleared, it became evident that although several of the family's retainers had been killed, all of the Imperial children were not only alive but none of them had even been injured in the botched proceedings.[93][97]

>The noise of the guns had been heard by households all around, and had awakened many people. The executioners were ordered to proceed with their bayonets, a technique which proved ineffective and meant that the children had to be dispatched by still more gunshots, this time aimed more precisely at their heads. The Tsarevich was the first of the children to be executed. Yurovsky watched in disbelief as Nikulin spent an entire clip of bullets from his Browning gun on Alexei, who was still seated transfixed in his chair; he also had jewels sewn into his undergarment and forage cap.[98] Ermakov shot and stabbed him, and when he failed, Yurovsky shoved him aside and killed the boy with a gunshot to the head.[94] The last to die were Tatiana, Anastasia, and Maria, who were carrying a few pounds (over 1.3 kilograms) of diamonds sewn into their clothing, which had given them a degree of protection from the firing.[99] However, they were speared with bayonets as well. Olga sustained a gunshot wound to the head. Maria and Anastasia were said to have crouched up against a wall covering their heads in terror until they were shot down. Yurovsky himself killed Tatiana and Alexei. Tatiana died from a single bullet through the back of her head.[100] Alexei received two bullets to the head, right behind the ear.[101] Anna Demidova, Alexandra's maid, survived the initial onslaught but was quickly stabbed to death against the back wall while trying to defend herself with a small pillow which she had carried that was filled with precious gems and jewels.[102] While the bodies were being placed on stretchers, one of the girls cried out and covered her face with her arm.[103] Ermakov grabbed Alexander Strekotin's rifle and bayoneted her in the chest,[103] but when it failed to penetrate he pulled out his revolver and shot her in the head.[104][105]

While Yurovsky was checking the victims for pulses, Ermakov went back and forth in the room, flailing the bodies with his bayonet. The execution lasted about 20 minutes, Yurovsky later admitting to Nikulin's "poor mastery of his weapon and inevitable nerves".[106] Future investigations calculated that a possible 70 bullets were fired, roughly seven bullets per shooter, of which 57 were found in the basement and at all three subsequent gravesites.[95]

By no means defending Lenin but look up the White Terror. Which came first.

Which I don't even blame them for because it was a goddamn civil war.

White terror mostly targeted jews which is okay.

> To what extent was Lenin motivated by desire for revenge for his brother?
0%
He was motivated for his desire to be a good shabbos frontman

It makes sense politically. Not saying that Lenin wasn't brutal but you have to crack some eggs.

Lenin wasn't only brutal but also an opportunistic dictator who took advantage of the Tsar's incompetence and the people's dissatisfaction to start a civil war and establish an autocracy. The government he built spent the next eighty years being plagued by corruption, infighting, and an absolute infestation of mass-murdering sadists, before finally collapsing. He's the chief reason that Russia (and Eastern Europe as a whole) remains an economic backwater dominated by cronyism and repression.

It seems very
He wasnt really political before that

It was the breaking point. He probably was seduced by communism but since his brother died he had an actual reason to be communist other than "we need to help those poor peasants and proletariats".

I'm pretty sure there are some active monarchs in Africa and Asia.

>I DID IT AGAIN /POL/
fuck your antisemitic meme

I wasn't being le memey. Some of my ancestors even participated in the pogroms.

Even commies hates jews too