Does it ever occur to people how much of an aberration the last hundred or so years have been?

Does it ever occur to people how much of an aberration the last hundred or so years have been?

Yes, it's fucking mind blowing. In the bronze age, how often do you think a life changing innovation came along? Once every couple centuries? And the population curve in the last 40 years alone. Jesus Christ!

Every day

I actually think about this all the time. It's NUTS.

This.

The thought of how far we could fall scares the shit out of me. But the thought that there's more change yet to come fills me with curiosity.

>how often do you think a life changing innovation came along? Once every couple centuries?
Why were they so stupid?

Our ease of access to information rapidly speeds up innovation.

probably because only the privileged few received a quality education for all of history until now

Because they were at the start of an exponential curve and we are well up the slope

Thanks neoliberalism

A picture that isn't for ants.

>democracy
>vaccinations
>good
Good goy

You make me wish that child mortality rate was inverse

>considering democracy a good thing

/pol/ is almost innovatively stupid

Dude the last 100 years are the only time people started acting smarter and found the perfect morality and view on society.

Veeky Forums was always a monarchist board. /pol/ is fascist

>falling for bait

>When people say that we live much worse lives now
Fills me with rage

>Veeky Forums
>monarchist

People realize it, but even though its incredible, it gets old after a while

THE WORLD THAT WE LIVE IN HAS CHANGED SO RAPIDLY THERES NO NEED FOR EQUALITY

his descendents probably wear a shitty jeans and t-shirt combo mass produced in the Vietnam just like the rest of the world does, and they probably drive a Lada to work which itself is a clone of some crappy Ford hatchback

why even live?

t. Cripple

No, it does not. Most people who are inside the aberration are clueless about what was outside. Sure they have a vague notion that things were shitty back then but that's it, in their minds they picture something alike to that time they visited the countryside.

Mind blowing stuff.

Given what they had to work with, groundbreaking inventions just couldn't be that common. There was only so much imagination that could be applied to stone, wood, copper, and tin. I imagine the neolithic Egyptian that invented the shaduf was probably praised for generations.

I think art from the past shows that they weren't stupid. And actually more conscious than you think. It is very tragic in a way.

Religious indoctrination

>The thought of how far we could fall scares the shit out of me

This. We got the most to lose if all of this falls apart

The gap left by the Finno-Korean Hyper War and the ensuing dark ages.