Crypto Adoption Stages

Fellow Anons, I have come up with a simple and easy way to classify our selves on the spectrum of Crypto Currency market cap adoption phases.

Ancient Adopters (ppl with god tier foresight who have bought into crypto when Forefather (Minister You, Satoshi) Was around)

Early Adopters (Veeky Forums Biz, where we are right now, People who bought in January of this year to presently accumulating. We were endowed with Money Skeletons Ascension)

Intermediate Adopters (Next year 2018, First wave of Normies and smug chads come in)

Chad tier Adopters (Late 2018, At this point most legit Blockchain projects have completed their products and tasks, Chads start flooding in due to influx in market cap and Boomers still fudding till the end)

Boomer and Normie Apocalypse (The final Form of this market sector, Boomers are BLOWN THE FUCK OUT and are scrambling to get in, so are their kids Chadmcfaggerson and Staceys.
Fellow Anons, We are all going to make it, Keep accumulating and look into legit coins with real teams, hodl and trade shitcoins to accumulate for the god tier coins. Do you not feel comfy desu we are still ahead of the crowds.

Other urls found in this thread:

hankyulpark.wordpress.com/2017/03/24/how-many-people-in-the-world-own-bitcoin-or-ethereum/
youtube.com/watch?v=LzGmLDDE2Ss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's already getting pretty late, who are you kidding.

hurr durr i bet you think we're in a bubble, too

your early stages are a bit off.

there's the ancient satoshi phase, ~2009.

next major period was was the 2013-2014 boom. I call this the early adopters phase. this is when I got in and was the period "altcoins" became a thing. the creation of Veeky Forums also came from this (we are a crypto containment board because we were shitting up /g/)

then there was the 2015-2016 bear market. bad times. lots of money lost on all sides. this was when the smart people were buying.

then the now phase, late 2016/2017. what you are calling the early adopter phase.

Minister You, Satoshi!
Thank you money skeleton!

t. early adopter

What this guy said.

I dabbled in June 2011 and Im pretty sure Satoshi was already gone back then.

The price jumped to 30 and then crashed on mt gox scaring most people away back then.

Early adopters bought BTC at $600 or lower. Nobody getting into crypto now is an early adopter, that's how fast it goes.

Agree with others 2013-2014 was the early adopters. I would call this period the awakening or the true flippening. With government monopolies on fiat faulting with bubbles in every asset class two things are very clear 1) PMs are without a doubt manipulated in a psychopathic manner. 2) The media shill body count is piling up with them each trying to call the top of the "bubble" that doesn't exist.

By 2018 the central banks will start to see crypto as becoming dangerous and the massive returns will continue to steal talent/resources from their sector.

Fine, you all win, C-Can't a guy just dream, I dropped $2350 last week into various coins

Hope you make a shit ton of money user

But Although, I think its relative we are still early somewhat, I mean cmon, 165B Market cap on the sector is not to shabby. If it were to hit 500B or more, than I see what yall mean, Bitcoin is pretty much gone lol

Thanks user, Same to you as well, Ironically I started with DGB

Luckily got out at a profit before the DGB marines showed up

I had $20,000 in my savings account in 2013 from working in the oil boom in North Dakota.

I had known about crypto since the very early days of bitcoin being shilled on /b/ and /g/, but every time I read about it figured it was as high as it was going to go. I lacked vision. I lacked understanding. I lacked confidence.

If I had just put that fucking money in crypto I'd be done now. Retired. Shitposting from a satellite uplink in my cabin in the mountains and enough money to fuck off forever.

Instead I'm sitting at my shit tier 10-6 M-F office sales job hating my life with a net worth of ~$30k and $5500 that I only put into crypto over the last month.

I know I missed early adopter, but I hope I'm not to late to see some big gains still. 25x would finish building my house. 50x would get me to semi-retired. 100x and I'd be done, where I'd already be had I gotten in earlier.

The only thing that keeps me from walking away from everything to wander the Earth before dying in some forsaken distant land is the hope that I wasn't too late to the game to see those kind of gains. The next few years will determine my fate.

This user, I believe the whole market cap at 165B can atleast hit 2 Trillion by maybe 2022 and thus get you in the 50x to 100x, there is still time. I think next few years, projects will be definately more developed and blockchain is just getting started. you will start seeing it on the news cycle for the next few years. Just hodl legit team projects and coins with future potential and trade shit coins if you can to accumulate btc. My goal is atleast 5 to 10 btc. Enough for me

I'm holding ETH, IOTA, and XMR primarily. I have a little bit of OMG, NEO, LTC, and XRP as well. I might consolidate a little into BTC.

Same here.

I was interested in 2011/2013 but never put much in and sold long ago.

I bought a house at the time with a 40k downpayment. Should have put it into crypto.

Now I'm all in crypto. All my moneys going in and all my time/business is crypto related now. Ride or die crypto for the next couple years.

>Minister You, Satoshi
what is this meme

SO MANY people were interested in 2011, I bet for every 100 people interested only 1 ever got really into it.

Early adopters bought 4 years ago, stop coping laggard normie and buy my bags before the major crash.

You sound like a nice lady, I'm sure you'll make it.

God bless

2021: Heavy government regulation causes total market failure, thousands of suicides reported in mass

who knows maybe bitcoin will start a war

The greatest truth in this post is that you have to hodl for years to get the big gains.

I bought Bitcoin in 2011. Plenty of others did too, and then sold after a measley 5x or so thinking it couldn't possibly go higher.

I hodled. For 6. Fucking. Years. Through the collapse from $30 to like $5 or whatever. From $1000 right down to $200.

Getting rich off crypto requires iron hands and great patience.

You might be jelly if you saw my blockfolio, but did you put in the years? Did you hold through crashes where 90% of your gains were wiped out over long drawn out months? No.

Hodl and have patience my brothers. Buy your cryptos, but don't be idle in the meantime.

Right there with you user. We'll make it together.

> I bet for every 100 people interested only 1 ever got really into it.

If that. Now the other 99 including myself are learning how to tie knots and putting their money in hoping they wont need to.

Thanks user, I think. May money skellington bless you with gains.

I'm iron-handing this. Ride or die. The $5500 I have in right now, which I'll probably increase to $10000 by Q1 2018 as I put in a portion of my wages, is sunk cost in my mind. If everything crashes, I blew $10k. Big fuckin' deal. I'd rather lose $10k than miss out on making $500k.

>Early adopters bought BTC at $600 or lower. Nobody getting into crypto now is an early adopter, that's how fast it goes.

Kek.
W R O N G
R
O
N
G

We are NOWHERE NEAR close an early majority so that means we are still in the early adopter phase at the very maximum.

If we should compare cryptos to smartphone then the first Iphone isn't even out.
Normies have no clue about how using cryptocurrencies and no clue about what is the blockchain, it's like internet to the people in the early 90s: it is very vague for them and they don't really understand, they know it exists but they don't grasp its essence.

The main responsible is that it's an extremely tedious and unfriendly process to buy AND spend cryptos, sure people here got but it is because they are either NEET spending their entire days doing nothing on internet or they are nerds or they are people who are thirsty for gains.

You all have a distorted view because you spend a large part of you free time in this but for the rest of the world it's still chinese, there are probably less than 20 millions crypto owners in the world on a 7 billions world population:
hankyulpark.wordpress.com/2017/03/24/how-many-people-in-the-world-own-bitcoin-or-ethereum/

Statistically we are still in the innovator phase.

I admire your balls of steel.

>You all have a distorted view
that's what it comes down to. i spend time amongst the normies, unlike most of you losers who think we're at peak mass adoption because you spend all your time on Veeky Forums.

>put every single dollar you have into BTC
>hodl
>profit
>buy lots of property
>hire some wagecuck to manage it all for you and rent it out to some poorfags
>endless passive gains
>retire
>smoke weed every day

These are my thoughts, maybe it's confirmation bias, idk.
But I don't know a single person IRL (besides my brother who I got into it) that knows anything more about bitcoin than its name

It's still a nightmare to buy cryptos and trade, especially if you aren't in the US.

when you're average normie considers bitcoin as an investment option, perhaps then we'll be nearing the end of the early adopter phase or be in some intermediate phase.
But until then, I don't think so.

I read a few weeks ago that there are only 16 million BTC wallets in existence. As a percentage of the population thats 0.0023%

This

Comfy guy

>there are only 16 million BTC wallets in existence. As a percentage of the population thats 0.0023%
this

i just hope we can all make it
i have a lambo worth in crypto by now
if i make it i would be so happy, i could work self employeed the rest of my life and travel and shit

All of this is true. In my group of friends most of them are in computer tech development, high level coders working on big projects. Even in that social group, most people at most know about ethereum and btc. They dont know shit about altcoins. Theres one guy in that group of 12 people who invested early in ethereum.

In my work as a psychologist, people are completely clueless. They have never heard about even etherum and dont even consider investing in crypto.

Anyone getting in now is still an early adopter. The real normie boom wont start until some block chain based project gains main stream usage in a field normies are interested in (something like SNGLS), just like normies didnt really start mass using the internet before pleb tier shit like facebook and twitter became prominent. We are still years away from that point in crypto.

My wife works at a big name defense contractor as a software developer, and on her project team there are only like 1-2 other people who know anything about crypto / blockchain tech, and one person with money in the game.

She's been shilling it hard and getting a few more people interested, and also trying to convince management it's in their interest to open a blockchain tech lab.

So, there's still definitely room to grow. How much? Idk.

i will officially say we are in normie teir when i start seeing tv commercials about mooncoin or bitbean. But so far? absolute none other than 1 minute news segment.

`My only regret is that out of all my friends I'm the only "tech saavy" one so I never heard about it until 2013 when it was $500 at which point I thought it was too late. If I had actually known about it when it was sub $1 I would have dumped min $5k into it since I'm basically a gambler and have wasted money on even more far-fetched things than "internet money". Not that it matters now, but I'm curious where most people heard about it pre-2011?

kek
if i ever see bitbean in TV i stand up, drink a coke with lemon and ice and go for a cruise in my lambo.

this is also my benchmark for normie tier: bitbean on TV. anything less is still early days.

Btc heading to 500k in no time

youtube.com/watch?v=LzGmLDDE2Ss

>Boomers are BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

cannot fucking wait desu.

this, spent two hours trying to explain crypto to a coworker that had the misfortune of asking.

Out of everyone I know, only 5 people know and own bitcoin/altcoins. 2 were people I introduced and the other 3 bought a long time ago and completely forgot about it until they saw that documentary on netflix. So this.

Most people are clueless. Most people see my computer screen at school and think wtf is this game. They are still in denial. We are the early adopters but the tides are quickly changing