Rhodesia

What's happened here?
Rhodpill me Veeky Forums

>Mugabe tried to institute afrocentrists Marxism, ended up instituting tribal, religious, and racial warfare.
>Britain wants to democratize rhodesia for blacks
>Rhodesians refuse because it would be a disaster
>Western media blames white people for Mugabe's shit.
>Rhodesia tries to ask for.support from it's allies
>None of them do anything because of s media campaign to demonize Rhodesians
>Bush War, Rhodesians lose
> Mugabe and his merry band of dumbass marxists starve Zimbabwe after kicking out all the white people.
>Begs white people to come back
>They all refuse
>Leftists still get assblasted about it to this day

Ian Smith did nothing wrong

Literally white apartheid supporters playing the victim when they prevented generations of native blacks from being educated and being able to participate in governance. Once the Cold War began, black Rhodesians, not having been educated in the Anglo forms of peaceful protest and petition like they should have been, were instead attracted to Marxist ideology. If the whites had gone back to Europe or democratized, then it wouldn't have been a problem.

TL;DR just another example of whites fucking things up then playing the victim card and blaming blacks, jews, "cultural marxism", etc.

How was life before the civil war? For both whites and blacks

t. Tyrone Jamal MuhDikus

Case in point.

fuck. that threw me off balance.
the fuck do they want then?

Yeah, like I was saying before
Endless. Limitless. Astounding amounts of butthurt from liberals because the people who had lived long enough around Africans with a mean IQ of 77 thought it would be a bad idea to hand over the power of any infrastructure over to the Africans.

But of course they will always gloss over the tribal warfare of Mugabe and the failure of Africans to grow crops in the wake of the absence of white farmers, and Mugabe's actual apology to them.

A failed attempt at a state that gets wanked by faggots and racists.

>tfw your entire army totally compromises of white special forces with short shorts.

Blacks fought for Rhodesia. I guess the more educated ones saw right through Mugabe's bullshit and knew what would come, even if they still wanted to end Apartheid.

I feel the most sympathy for them. They fought and died with white commandos that were propping up a state in which they would always be second class citizens, even though they were the more privileged natives. Yet they chose as such because despite their iniquity, they knew their country would descend into the same chaos, corruption, negligence, brutal oppression, and humanitarian/environmental atrocities & catastrophes they saw happening after independence was achieved in other African nations.

What do you guys think is the most successful African state post independence? My pick is Senegal. The country seems so relaxed and peaceful (especially for a 99% Islamic Francophone nation) even though it's not as wealthy as a lot of African states.

Also do you think that the total collapse of industry, infrastructure, agriculture, and rule of law in so many nations is because of a lack of education, support, and materials for the proper maintenance of these things during colonial times for the broader black population?

Or do you think African states were in the crapper with or without being "set up for success", so to speak, by the colonial governments slowly phasing themselves out of power due with a long transition period to stabilize the new nation? Was failure inevitible due to ethnic/religious strife, extreme tradition of superstitions, and just plain ineptitude or care as to running a real nationstate, as they have been tribal peoples for most of their existance as Africans?

It was called "the Breadbasket of Africa."

@@3286057
That was such terrible bait you don't even deserve a (You)

Call me an idiot but before I came to Veeky Forums I didn't know a thing about Rhodesia. Is it generally swept under the rug because leftists/liberals want us to believe African independence is innately better than white governance?

art thou talking about... Biggus Dickus?

Nah, it gets wanked because of their excellent COIN tactics. They did a lot with dwindling resources and manpower, even if they were up against a fairly incompetent force. You can't blame Dingo solely on ZANLA incompetence.

To be the only brown/dark people on the planet, duh.

Lunatics took over the asylum, or, since this is Africa, animals took over the zoo.

I pick Namibia.
Their population isn't going stupid. Their land redistribution failed, and thus farmland remained in the hands of people who knew what the fuck they were doing, and race relations are good between the Africans and surprisingly high (10%) population of whites.

>whitey is why the world is bad

>blacks/jews are why the world is bad

just fuck with everyone.

But I mean he was black AND a communist! how could he have been a disaster?

We'd better just never talk about it ever

Nice assumptions, tard.

lel. for real?

Better than anywhere else in Africa.
Breadbasked of Africa, now with blacks in "charge" they are eating rats and still didnt figure out how to work a field.

They did it because they needed SA for their nuclear weapons testing and wanted more allies in Africa because many countries there hostile to Israel, not because they liked South African Whites. They actually hated them before.

Anglo aristocracy tried to hang onto power after decolonization in an overwhelmingly black country, formed short-lived, South Africa backed state. Had a decent military and held out longer than they had any business doing, but inevitably lost to the local guerillas. Get more respect and nostalgia than they deserve because a Mao-tier incompetent ruler replaced them.

They didn't lose the war;they were pressured internationally into elections and shit, the guerillas were incredibly incompetent and never ever even managed to contribute to the ending of the white regime. That's why /k/ has a boner for Rhodesia, because they did so good in the bush war

Racism and apartheid

pic related also applies to rhodesia

zionist proxies overthrown by anti-zionist groups

israel had nukes before SA did, I dunno why people think "SA gave nukes to Israel" when it was literally the opposite

anyway the rest of this is just goalposting. "israel MAY have been South Africa's ally BUT THEY DIDN'T REALLY WANT TO BE". so what?

Basically this. God tier COIN, but basically were almost as bad as SA regarding apartheid despite the integrated military. Ultimately yet another example of an African state failing to properly and smoothly transition from a colony to independence, leading to (surprise surprise) a Marxist ruining everything. Today /k/ likes to jerk off to how crazy effective their short shorts clad military was at killing two bit illiterate African guerillas on a shoestring budget, and white supremacists like to jerk off to whites killing lots of blacks.

If they hadn't doubled down on color bars and other racist policies after their independence and gone on roughly the same path as SA maybe they would have even eliminated apartheid before 1994, but who knows if they'd have made it that long, even if the white government hadn't collapsed in 1979. No doubt that they'd be in worse shape than South Africa today, but probably better shape than Zimbabwe is.

>Britain wants to democratize rhodesia for blacks
>Rhodesians refuse because it would be a disaster
Why? The Fast Track Land Reform program was Mugabe's idea and it only began 20 years after he came to power, a democratic coalition between the whites, Muzorewa and Nkomo against Mugabe would have been far more moderate.

All that was needed to preserve Rhodesia was to give equal voting rights to blacks, first because why should ZAPU, the Ndebele tribe and other black groups help the whites when they get nothing in return, second because Mugabe's support was based on anti-colonialism and turning Rhodesia into an independent state with equal rights for blacks would deny him the claim Rhodesia is a colonial state.

Instead Rhodesia tried to assassinate the Nkomo leader, any hope of unity fell apart and Mugabe picked up the pieces resulting in a far more extreme authoritarian regime.

yes, their unwillingness to compromise despite the overwhelming strategic need to do so was due to, dare I say it, racism

this word gets thrown around a lot but it is the only explanation