Why do smart Europeans hate the US? And does the US really have no culture?

Why do smart Europeans hate the US? And does the US really have no culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2006/05/02/world/europe/02revel.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>France
>European

The US gets a lot of hate because it lacks an expansive welfare state and because of it's Middle East foreign policy.

Almost half of the people who voted chose that retard for your president. Don't be mad when everyone thinks Americans are stupid.

Oh come one he might be a bit of a clown, but rather a clown than a woman with a literal new world order agenda

That's what I'm talking about, read it again:
>Don't be mad when everyone thinks Americans are stupid.

(You)

Proof is out there in the open buddy

I voted for Drumpf only because /pol/ told me to.

>Does the U.S. really have no culture?
It has a culture of corporate exploitation of that counts.

They don't. Europeans who think they're smarter than they actually are dislike America.
Their dislike of American culture stems from the fact that it is largely universally accessible. For many people "culture" is a way of showing their superiority over the common herd and you can't really do that with American culture because the janitor also watches Breaking Bad and eats at Burger King.

Blame the neo-cons user.

Why do the heathen rage?

>And does the US really have no culture?
I guess you could consider McDonalds, Hollywood and Monstertruck Rallys culture but that's really strechting it

Only half the voting population voted at all, which is pretty standard for our elections.

US culture is so pervasive that no one even sees it as a culture anymore

> Why do smart Europeans hate the US?
Hard to say, everyone has their reasons.

> And does the US really have no culture?
It certainly has culture, it just has much less than cities and countries that have been around for millenia.

The rest of the world exists in a state of catch up.

> implying France isn't European

Nobody forces you to go to McDonalds or watch Brad Pitt's latest movie.

>all these yuropoors saying the US has no culture
>not knowing about Regional cultures

You fags can stop pretending to be intelligent

The US came about too late to participate much in Western high culture in its own right, before mass consumerism came along. They do have some beautiful old buildings and some writers of note, though. The US is also the dominant political power today, but see pic related. Too many internal issues and poor foreign policy choices.

The USA made Communism impossible.

They don't.

Can I get a quick rundown on the whole "magapede" thing?

>And does the US really have no culture?
What would a people with no culture even look like? They would have to never interact with anyone or anything or express themselves in any way.

Not an argument.

French intellectuals very obviously hate the U.S. out of butthurt over American hegemony in Europe and the world making France irrelevant. You can see it very clearly because they didn't hate the U.S. before 1945.

Before 1945, the Europeans who hated the U.S. were usually far-right elitists but not really smart.

They can be smug all day long, but the USA is number one in the world at many things. Canadians are the same - they may laugh at us, but then all their best professionals come here.

I do agree that at least Europe has some claims, since the USA has simply not been around for nearly as long as them. I would say that our culture revolves more around religion and patriotism rather than food and literature, for instance. We do have quite an interesting history though. Also the first and second amendments are a blessing to the country.

The people who have disliked America did so long before I cast my vote for Trump, and will continue to do so after.

Name one 'smart European' who hates America.

To be blunt, if you hate any one race then you're retarded because exceptions exist in everything

>our culture revolves more around religion
>I cast my vote for Trump

Is that Kekkonen?

They don't.

Jean Francois Revel (left in pic)
nytimes.com/2006/05/02/world/europe/02revel.html

I think it's Foucalt

There are low quality entertainment in europe too. And america also have elite culture like litterature and painting. Dont project your insecurities by telling lies conforting your intelectual laziness

Most people dislike americans because of the constant flux of retarded shit coming from your country through the media. Obese people, worldstar, politics, blacks, rednecks, big companies, reality tv, star scandals, ect

Our politics is a matter of superiority for us relative to Europe. European politics is boring and predictable as hell, whereas US politics has been made almost into a sport or tv series and is actually interesting.

Politics is serious shit tho, it's not supposed to be like a tv show. That's why many people consider you idiots.

Arrogance leads to envy

Because we have an annoying barbaric attitude and yet we rule the world

It is friendly family banter OP, dont confuse it with hate-speech...

Jealousy

Africa begins at the Rhine.

But my opinion of americans improved after Trump was elected.

What now you fag?

Then that means you're an idiot.

The wogs start at Calais

What do G*rms being subhuman has to do with France?

>tfw british ameriboo, obsessed with USA in 1920s and 1950/60s
>tfw no conservative american gf

why even live

>European politics
>"Do we want to import 1 million migrants this year or 2 million?"
>"Let's discuss the new bill that will tackle hate speech on the internet."

>American politics
>out of fucking no where Trump appears

But what business is it of anyone else whether or not the US has an expansive welfare state or not?

Well, yeah, they were ocuppied hating nazis.