Why do we hear so little about "american nationalism" in contrast with "white nationalism" ?

Why do we hear so little about "american nationalism" in contrast with "white nationalism" ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_racial_and_ethnic_demographics_of_the_United_States
cdc.gov/nchs/data/vsrr/report002.pdf
nytimes.com/2016/05/17/us/aging-research-disease-dogs.html
nytimes.com/2015/06/11/opinion/the-myth-of-a-white-minority.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

...We hear a lot about American nationalism. Have you been living under a rock?

We hear a lot about white nationalism right now because white nationalists killed someone last week.

Because they were the same thing until a few decades ago.

> foreign hordes
> native indians

America is not a nation, but a state containing many different ones in its territory: White Southerners, Coastal white liberals, African-Americans and the Hispanic nation.

Of coarse we hear a lot of American Nationalism, it's just based on political ideals rather than any sort of race or religion thing.

It's a refusal on the part of most modern day people to recognize that America was indeed founded by racists who did not believe that all men were equal.

the founding fathers could have never conceived of America becoming a 60 percent white country so I'm sure they didn't even think it was necessary to explain what they meant by "all men are created equal"

American nationalism is white nationalism. To be American is to be white. Everyone else are not true Americans. Giving g someone a piece of paper doesn't make them white. If I moved to Japan, I would not be Japanese for example.

I'm still pretty angry at Bioshock Infinite for creating such a beautiful satire of the American myth and then drafting me into some bullshit dimension hopping plan.

>they actually wanted me to believe Columbia was a dystopia

because american white nationalists know deep down that they have no ethno-national identity and they're all one-fourth jewish, one-eighth african, 1/16th random native american tribe, and a hodge podge of different european backwater mixed in mudbloods so they have to resort to pretending 'white' is a national identity

I can't stop laughing when someone says this. There are blacks who have been in America for almost half a thousand years. Someone whose Italian grandparents washed ashore in 1930 is a Johnny Come Lately to them.

Why do these retards even call themselves "white nationalists" and not racists? It's like fags saying "I'm not gay, I'm just dick enthusiast!"

>white nationalists killed someone last week.
I've been out of the loop. Has it been proven the guy was a WN? I thought he was just an alt righter?

The game hilariously enough set me on the path to realizing how wonderful nationalism is.

>Why don't people make things simple for my tiny brain?

What about black nationalists? Are they racist?
What about a white person who is a black nationalist?

The fact he was marching with neo-nazis might be a hint.

Don't you mean white supremacism? White "nationalism" doesn't make any sense, it implies there's a primary nationalistic component when it's racial supremacy that's the driving force.

No, it's not. There were a lot of people there.

You could say that about a lot of nations. The regional differences in the US are much lower than those of say, China or Italy.

Except that there have been non-White Americans since the beginning.

>racial supremacy
Wanting a majority white country doesn't mean you believe whites are the supreme race.

So you think he was Anti-fa? Clearly he sympathized with the White aupremacist cause.

America was over 80% white until the 1980s. The diversity fad is a very modern thing.

>What about black nationalists? Are they racist?
Yup

>What about a white person who is a black nationalist?
(Oxy)moron

>What about black nationalists? Are they racist?
yes. I've never heard of a white "black nationalist".

US was over 20% black up until after the Civil War when the big Ruropean immigration wave started.

>you're either a antifa or white supremacist
Go be stupid somewhere else.

It was a White Supremacist march (that he was there for if you actually read the article about him which I know you didn't) and an Anti-fa counter protest.

Wikipedia disagrees. In 1790, America was about 19% black and that fell each decade with European immigration (which is similar to what you said).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_racial_and_ethnic_demographics_of_the_United_States

>It was a White Supremacist march
It was a protest of the removal of the Robert E Lee statue.
Don't come at me with your democrat articles that praise antifa as heroes and call anyone right of them a nazi.

>Caring about 1 death

Why are burgers so pussy? People die everyday, b.

>America was founded by whi-

YOU WERE SAYING?

>It was a protest of the removal of the Robert E Lee statue.
organized by white supremacists

>it wasn't a white supremacist march guise xp

>America was 0% wh*te until Columbus. This wh*te people thing is a very modern, soon to end thing.

>organized by white supremacists
Kessler, the organizer, voted for Obama.

It's literally just Disney World Main Street USA: the city

Then why do you want a majoritarly white society ?

>This picture of KKK guys at the rally PROVES everyone else was white supremacists

>(Oxy)moron
Or simply masochist.

I don't personally. I don't mind if we have a slow drip of people from foreign cultures and races.

WN's believe that if you don't keep a country majority white, then the country will be lost. That genetics play a part in creating the culture and achievements of a country. That white (european) genetics enable western society to be maintained and thrive. Just as oriental genetics allow an asian society to be maintained and thrive.

If you're marching with Klansmen and Nazis then you are too. You're defending them in your ranks. If you don't want to be called a Nazi then don't be a Nazi.

Why not?

>What about a white person who is a black nationalist?
Someone who supports Malcolm X, or previously Abraham Lincoln. "Black"ness has metastasized into America now, obviously, and can never be removed without killing America.

Also, I'm sure there are other arguments I'm not aware of, such as ingroup preference and the birds of a feather thing. Social cohesion and cooperation/ethnically homogeneous and all that.

You'd really have to ask a serious WN and not a /pol/fag.

Not true.

>abraham lincoln was a black nationalist

>If you're marching with Klansmen and Nazis then you are too.
If you can't understand people have different beliefs, and may come together for a common issue, then you may be an idiot.

Democrats have already accused everyone on the right of being a nazi/kkk member.

lol

Doubtful. Once again the majority of births are whites and immigration is grinding to a halt.

Out of 3.9 million births in 2016, 2.1 million, or about 54% were white.

cdc.gov/nchs/data/vsrr/report002.pdf

Of course, then there's also the fact that anti-aging drugs will hit the market soon (they're already being tested on dogs), which will make the older, whiter generations live much much longer.

nytimes.com/2016/05/17/us/aging-research-disease-dogs.html

>everyone on the right
That's not a requirement anymore, now liberals along with anyone who criticizes ANTIFA are Nazis.

>The bureau’s estimates for July 1, 2015, released today, say that just over half – 50.2% – of U.S. babies younger than 1 year old were racial or ethnic minorities.
>In the total U.S. population, non-Hispanic whites will cease to be the majority group by 2044, according to Census Bureau projections, or by 2055, according to Pew Research Center projections.
>While census estimates have shown a shift toward a majority-minority infant population, estimates about the race of mothers from another data source – the National Center for Health Statistics – do not. Its preliminary 2015 data indicate that 54% of births are to non-Hispanic white mothers, a similar share as in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.

>county where non-natives are a minority
Nice.

You can't just ignore 2016 data and go back to 2015.

Similarly you can't just ignore the demographic effects of medicine.

That's not how demographics work. Momentum is the name of the game and the wh*tes have lost. Life expectancy could rise, but the white boomers are going to die even if they get a boost, btw anti-aging isn't going to make them live "much, much longer".

>which will make the older, whiter generations live much much longer.
OH GOD PLEASE NO. DON'T PROLONG THE BOOMER LIFESPAN

I just fucking posted the shift in momentum you autist, and why do you think you know more about medicine than actual biologists?

That's right, your facebook feed will be "like and share if you agree" FOREVER.

Thanks for the answer user.

I don't understand why you think all these independent studies and government surveys don't count but okay. I don't know why you think there'll soon be an anti-aging drug that extends the lives of its user by "much much" and somehow even imply that they will still be working and competent to have a say in any of these matters. Stay delusional.

Because I've cited more recent data than you that proved your studies were flawed.

Also because that's how medicine works, they go through animal trials first and then humans. I'm not sure why you think your outdated ideas about both demography and biology are worth a damn.

Stay delusional.

>redditspacing
kek
>america has been in white decline since the 1970's
>it's now irreversible
>hurrr boomer live furever and birth go high
How you think fifty years of white decline is going to be reversed by a literal buzzword and trump proves you're a retard

literally who gives a shit
hispanics are like half white at the least whitest - but real ancestry proportions NEVER get taken into account by 1 drop rule retards

% of white ancestry in america is growing, together with % of native ancestry - due to mexican immigration

Did you even read the articles or are you too stupid?

Every life is sacred apparently

Yeah, most multiracial people are part white, even if you believe the questionable claim that "Hispanic = 100% native".

nytimes.com/2015/06/11/opinion/the-myth-of-a-white-minority.html

>Some 70 percent of these [mixed race] relationships involve a white partner and a minority spouse.

>Analyzing data from the 2013 American Community Survey, I found that it identified only about half of infants (children under 1) as non-Hispanic whites — though 60 percent had at least one non-Hispanic white parent.

>Among infants with a Hispanic parent, about 30 percent also had a non-Hispanic parent — and for two-thirds of them, that parent was white. The percentages were similar for infants of Asian parentage

>cdc.gov/nchs/data/vsrr/report002.pdf
Are you fucking retarded lad. You just BTFO yourself you moron. That's talking about the race of the mother

see >While census estimates have shown a shift toward a majority-minority infant population, estimates about the race of mothers from another data source – the National Center for Health Statistics – do not. Its preliminary 2015 data indicate that 54% of births are to non-Hispanic white mothers, a similar share as in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.

What a dumb cuck

>"Hispanic = 100% native".
kek not even close
firstly as you know hispanics aren't all mexicans and not even mexicans are native (DUUUUUH), mexicans are like 50-50%.

Even blacks are 20% white and that fraction will grow
here's an example of an african-american family
both steph and his wife are only 25% black

anyways, in the future you will have to do genetic testing to determine blacks even existed, unless a wave of sub saharan african immigration comes in (let's hope not)

currently america is
70 white (those are pretty much 99%+ european)
black 13 (20%+ white)
hispanic - 17% (50%+ white)

asians getting rounded off, because who cares

>mothers don't pass traits onto their children

I literally can't tell if you're that retarded or just a troll.

America is 100% white
Blacks are 25% white on average, basically white
Hispanics are 75% white on average, definitely white
Asians are honorary whites and doubtlessly whites
Native Americans even have 10% european blood from the solutreans, settlers, and Erik the Red and are honorary whites

Hence why I called it a questionable claim. Yeah those "blacks" look pretty damn white to me.

>half white half black is somehow part of the "white" population percentage
>literally too stupid to have reading comprehension for the article he linked
mentally deficient

>irish are depicted as non white

Too redpilled for me

>still following the one drop rule
>literally too stupid to understand biology
mentally deficient

>>half white half black is somehow part of the "white" population percentage
>somehow
yes, it's called ancestry

which race are the ones on the utmost left supposed to be?

You dumb motherfucker, Japan and the US aren't comparable. America is a land founded upon the ideals of freedom, liberty, etc. These ideals are not exclusive to any race or ethnicity however, are they? Japan is a land dedicated to the Japanese, America is a land dedicated to freedom. How does it make any sense to exclude peoples you don't like?

"American nationalism" isn't really a thing. Nationalism by definition requires nation state. Nation states derive their legitimacy from the nation of people they rule over, usually based on ethnicity and/or language. The United States has never been a nation state. It wasn't founded as a home for "Americans" nor does it claim to be a state for "Americans".

This contrasts with white nationalism. White nationalists argue that the United States (or whatever area they are in) should be a home for whites and should define itself as such.

Americans might best be described as practicing civic nationalism (a poorly constructed term in my opinion). The premise of civic nationalism is that a nation should be defined by its institutions rather than being based around a single group identity. That's generally how American's derive their national identity. An excellent example of this in practice is the term "Un-American". It has no racial or lingual connotations, but instead implies that someone or something is contrary to American political or legal standards.

I'm also a Cree nationalist. I don't want whites to end up having to turn to sperm donations and inbreeding to keep Germans or Swedes or other European ethnicities circling the drain in of being bred away.

All peoples deserve a homeland. I want the world to be diverse in 300 years, not a homogeneous blob. I think philia is essential to democracy because everyone just votes for ethnic lines without it. I think homogeneous communities simply trust more and act more charitable.

George Lincoln Rockwell and his infamous visit, speech, and support of black nationalists come to mind.

He literally tried to create an american black nation.

alt right and neo nazis have a lot of overlap so that's a wierd question to ask

the south was 1/3 black before the civil war, otherwise that's not correct what you say

>heil hitlers shouted spontaneously
>throwing up nazi salutes
>nazi german flag bandied about
>chanting the "jews will not replace us"
>holding a torchlight procession akin to the KKK or Nazi SA holding torchlight processions on the eve of Hitler's seizure of power
lmao your such a coward youre afraid of admitting your ilk are racist shitheads.

>We hear a lot about white nationalism right now because white nationalists killed someone last week.
Who?

I like how this game acknowledged that racism against the Irish was a thing.