You do realize that Txs will soon be over $100/ea on BTC, right...

You do realize that Txs will soon be over $100/ea on BTC, right? And instead of supporting a completely sensible blocksize increase, Core actually wants to make it MORE expensive to transact?

Other urls found in this thread:

steemit.com/bitcoin/@hitlerdoge/most-economically-efficient-withdrawals-from-bittrex
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1965336.0
twitter.com/jrbhudon/status/903439675360067584
reddit.com/r/btc/comments/47zfzt/blockstream_is_now_controlled_by_the_bilderberg/
medium.com/@jonaldfyookball/mathematical-proof-that-the-lightning-network-cannot-be-a-decentralized-bitcoin-scaling-solution-1b8147650800
medium.com/@jonaldfyookball/continued-discussion-on-why-lightning-network-cannot-scale-883c17b2ef5b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuckem

>t. measuring transaction fees in fiat

Fake news

Fee I pay for transfers is .001 BTC not .01BTC, why do you pay so much?

Some dude timed BTC transactios with sub $1 fees and they were quick enough. This shit is a store of value and not a regularly-transacted coin.

If you want regular TX then you should be using DGB / PIVX / ETH / etc.

If you want to buy a mcfatburger with gold there are a few intermediate steps. Crypto just streamlines those intermediate steps, but you'll still have a difficult time buying the mcfatburger with gold.

Cope

this is why Ethereum will win decisively within 5 years

the utility of crypto is fundamentally related to transaction speed. why own a slow asset that's expensive to move when you can own the same amount of a fast asset that costs almost nothing to move?

the network effect is going to favor the coin with the highest speeds and greatest utility in the end

>store of value
>magic internet money

pick one

>the network effect is going to favor the coin with the highest speeds and greatest utility in the end

same shit as bonds, magic paper money issued by countries.

the only thing that gives bonds value is the trust people have in them. do you trust the blockchain code and it's transparency and ability to survive?

.001 BTC is $5, that's on the low end, will swing back up to 15 and if crypto grows and 1mb block limit stays, yes it will be hundreds easily, eventually it will be a 4 digit number.

Try BCC, send it in 5 minutes for 5 cents.

Segwit fees are 30 cents or so. The transactions are only based on what people are willing to pay. I doubt people will ever pay $100 each transaction.

They'll have to choose between that and say a $500 of $1k subscription fee to the LN.

Or send BCC for a nickle.

I trust the Fed more then I trust theymos and his Jew lizardmen

At least the Feds tell you they are gonna fuck you

Why the fuck do you idiots keep pushing BCC? There are hundreds of coins with lower fees. Send it through literally anything else. Monero. Fucking Digibyte.

Fuck your cash horseshit. If it's tech you're worried about there are better options. Sell your fucking bags moron. Bitcoin is about brand name and store of value. That's all.

they were paying $15 last friday

the monero blockchain is too bloated, and no one uses digibyte

I did it the othet day at $2 and it took THIRTY EIGHT FUCKING HOURS

Store of value is a fucking meme shilled by bitcoin maximalists that know btc is dying and has no chance of revival.

LN won't have subscription fees.

Fake news.

post the transaction.

well, there in lies the difference. i trust cold hard code over governments.

>I don't believe you
Really nigga? Google "24 hours transaction bitcoin" and use dates after the Segwit activation
Hundreds of results of people waiting over an entire day and night for transfers

Yes it will. Luke-jr said so.

Bitcoin was never made to be a store of value, it was made as a CURRENCY.

Digibyte= hyperinflation shitcoin

Monero= one of th only coins with long term promise but it isn't a smooth currency to buy a beer with.

BCC offers what Bitoin offered, that's why I push it. Why does your asshole hurt so bad, were you watching the altcoins eat BTC's marketshare?

so you expect people to open Txs on the btc blockchain (which will cost hundreds of dollars) and also run a node for other users out of the goodness of their hearts?

You can't be a store of value without being a medium of exchange. Gold is a SOV because it is a MOE!

you made a claim that can easily be verified. post the transaction. it's not difficult.

Electronic CASH System. Not Electronic STOREOF VALUE System. Read Bitcoin's wipepaper you core shills

that's not what i asked for.

goo (remove) .gl (remove) / (remove) XhefR6

I'm at work on my phone, sorry user
If you like I can bookmark this thread and when I get home in two hours show you on block chain Explorer

that's not who you were replying to

I was just showing you that if the average tx price is $9, then the mempool isn't going to be clearing $2 fees for a long time

so since bitcoin is going to uranus, might as well get some right? well fuck if you can't buy you can get some tiny tiny amounts for free:

goo. (remove) gl (remove) /XhefR6

lol
luke jr himself: In the short term, Lightning should reduce on-chain fees significantly.

Essentially they become subscription fees to use Bitcoin, rather than per-transaction fees.

Use ltc or dogecoin than faggot. Anything is better then bcash shit

Cashcucks are so dishonest. The fees are just to open the transaction channel. Bitcoin Cash will have Lightning Network too, btw.

Is it a good time to sell all bitcoins for something else? Ethereum? Bitcoin cash? Or is it best to wait until after the next fork?

bottom line is part of the quote too
" In the short term, Lightning should reduce on-chain fees significantly. Essentially they become subscription fees to use Bitcoin, rather than per-transaction fees."

Why do you think people wil bother with this? Once they realize whats going on, they'll send BCC for a nickle.

and to run the node, of course. you think people are going to run them for free?

If BCH gets lightning, then that's great. At least it won't have segshit and we won't be forced to use LN because on-chain Tx is artificially crippled

>you think people are going to run them for free?

No shit. Nobody does nothing for free. If it wasn't for LN we would just have to pay the miners instead.

You clearly have no understanding of basic software architecture principles.

When you have a scaling problem, you don't implement a hack (block size increase) to temporarily relieve the burden until some point a finite period of time in the future. The problem is not actually solved and you now have to support that hack forever in all future versions of the code

The superior solution, even if it takes longer, is to find an indefinitely scalable solution.

Please learn what the fuck you're talking about before you talk. Block size increase is not "sensible" it's short sighted. Some of us are in it for the long haul buddy, not a few months or years.

Go support your centralized China cuck coin if you want.

>lying kike calls me a liar
You're talkng out of your ass, kike. BCC will not have LN nor (((Segwit))) nor will they have a need for either, they already raised their locks to 8MB and agree with the plan to raise it as needed to 32MB at least.

If the fees were only a one time fee, they wouldnt be subscription fees.

You blockstream cucks are getting BTFO all day here and still no valid point, you just keep lying and digging a deeper hole. It won't work, jew. The BTC demographic aren't that stupid.

>Bitcoin was never made to be a store of value, it was made as a CURRENCY.
It doesn't matter

>When you have a scaling problem, you don't implement a hack

that's literally segwit

Once the witness signatures are no longer stored in the blocks, bitcoin is no longer bitcoin

And there is no problem with decreasing the blocksize in the future if the miners want to, it would just be a soft fork.

but it is a currency, for buying shit coins

they want to make bitcoin the real gold.

How that matters if we can process BTC tx over the LTC network with only a few cents ( Lightning atomic cross chain )

Get rekt BitCH nigger

>When you have a scaling problem, you don't implement a hack (block size increase) to temporarily relieve the burden until some point a finite period of time in the future. The problem is not actually solved and you now have to support that hack forever in all future versions of the code
Yes you do, this was Satoshi's exact solution for scaling and he wrote it in the whitepaper.

You're the one who should learn what you're talking about, you can start with the white paper find it on bitcoin dot com.

The scaling "problem" is completely (((manufactured))). And it isn't a problem for the bankers you're shilling for, it's a way to take our money and centralize our coin.

because a lightning node is centralized

Ofc it matters, that was the ENTIRE POINT OF Bitcoin to begin with and the only reason for its success. Peer-to-peer tx's is a world changer.

Related
steemit.com/bitcoin/@hitlerdoge/most-economically-efficient-withdrawals-from-bittrex

You can't have a world wide currency without a little bit of centralization.

>You do realize that Txs will soon be over $100/ea on BTC, right? And instead of supporting a completely sensible blocksize increase, Core actually wants to make it MORE expensive to transact?
Well yeah, when they're going to be getting rich from collecting fees. And they think they are going to pump the price even higher by motivating people to not sell while transaction fees are so high.

>coreshills keep arguing that we need small blocks to allow every layperson to run a full node
>ISP bandwidth caps already kill this dream even with 1 meg blocks

This is the face of a cult member.

Won't listen to reason, can't listen to reason, and too brainwashed to leave even as they're walking into their own demise.

Sounds like people who maintain their faith in BTC, stronger and more intense the more it gets jewed. It's become the opposite of Bitcoin.

But fees are now lower than ever.

kek

you absolutely can, that's what bitcoin was made to do and why it became popular.

brainlet, we measure bitcoin in fiat so its only logical we do the same with the transactions.

All in on IOTA then?

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1965336.0
No.

Bitcoin has name recognition and ubiquitous merchant support that nothing else ever will.

It's far too late for all the other shitcoins to have a chance, no matter their merits.

Just like no one would ever switch to a superior facebook alternative, no one will ever switch to your shitcoins either no matter how loudly you autistically screech.

First mover advantage and network effects BTFO every competitor.

To normies, if it's not Bitcoin, it's just a shitcoin. This will always be the ground truth for them, and their adoption is what decides the winner.

This race was over before it began

All the biggest commication channels for bitcoin is owned by one dude, theymos.

on /r/bitcoin youll get banned if you post a satoshi quote that doesn't support the narrative. Bitcoin is taken over by the jews.

Everyone bow down to our new jewish overlords. Embrace infinite btc gains, LN and high fees.

This is the third time I've seen an r/btc cult member use the word "narrative" here.

It's a fucking stupid word. It just means "story".

>It's far too late for all the other shitcoins to have a chance, no matter their merits.
>This race was over before it began

t. Bitcoin bag holder. Please stop shilling.

>ATH
>Hurr dur bagholder

How's that retarded inflation rate working for you?

win??? do you have the memory of a tiny monkey brain that you completely forget about the congestions of eth network that happened so many times now. that shit is definitely not ready for public use

apologize

>when you cant respond to what they said because they're right, so you make something up that no one cares about and try to sound convincing
>everything blockstream posts

>What is POS
>What is plasma

Vitalik himself said that Ethereums scaling sucks (even though it's still 2x better than btc even at this time), and they're actually working on solving the problem.

>i don't have any real argument to refute what your saying so i'll call you a bagholder!

I know and I didn't say it won't fix its issues.

when though? when exactly is the monkey skeleton gonna do it

there's nothing to refute, he summarized your whole post in a sentence

I swear you guys at core think everyone's retarded

Sounds like im spot on. Besides, all arguments involving "never", "ever", "every", and "always" is bound to be shit. :^)

>so increase it to 4mb

Is this what debating has devolved into?
>X will occur because of y, z...
>hurr duuuuuurrrr nope ur just a le BAGHOLDER

Yup, you sure won this round!

Everything that isn't Bitcoin has an insurmountable branding issue: It isn't Bitcoin. Nothing can ever topple it. I'm not saying that I like that this is how the world works, but it is.

I fucking hate core cucks so fucking much they're so fucking stupid it blows my mind. Reminds me of pol vs reddit

You clearly have no understanding of basic software architecture principles.

When you have a scaling problem, you don't implement a hack (((segwit))) to temporarily relieve the burden until some point a finite period of time in the future. The problem is not actually solved and you now have to support that hack forever in all future versions of the code

The superior solution, which is immediately effective, doesn't take years to implement, and is indefinitely scalable, is larger blocks, which is how bitcoin was designed in the first place, as block size is arbitrary and can be increased whenever necessary.

Please learn what the fuck you're talking about before you talk. Segwit is not "sensible" it's short sighted. Some of us are in it for the long haul buddy, not a few months or years.

Go support your Rothschild centralized jew coin if you want.

ok baby, I'll get some :^"
> pic related
teheee heee

>You do realize that Txs will soon be over $100/ea on BTC, right?
No they won't, fuck off Pajeet

LMAO fucking astroturfer lying faggot, kys.

I did. You cant even state what "X" is and its relation to Y and Z.

then why has bitcoin lot more than half its market to altcoins? How is it that XMR and LTC are outgaining it consistently? Even ETH tends to gain a little more lately when they both go up.'

Listening corefags argue is like going back to third grade.

>POS
bad idea
>plasma
it will take years to implement plasm, whereas the Bitcoin LN is in testnet and almost ready to deploy

>You blockstream cucks are getting BTFO
Yeah my BTC is going to the moon, I feel totally BTFO lmao
>muh jews
how to spot a nigger kike with no arguments lmao
>b-b-b-ut muh Big Black Blocks
cuck

>Once the witness signatures are no longer stored in the blocks
stop reading r/btc, that is a misrepresentation of how Segwit works
>And there is no problem with decreasing the blocksize in the future if the miners want to,
>if the miners want to
Right, and how is your shitcoin decentralized and censorship resistant if one single pool owner in China decides and enforces consensus rules? You fucking cuck faggot

your BTC is slow and expensive, and my monero is outgaining you every step of the way.

the LN is literally many times more decentralized than the first layer by design you fucking ignorant Pajeet

Monero isn't scalable at all you ignorant moron. There are a lot of features for fungibility that will be implemented in Bitcoin, which can only be implemented after Segwit (coincidence that chinks and kikes attack the intermediary update necessary for future fungibility features? I think not)

>he doesn't realize miners are incentivized to do as many transactions as fast as possible on chain
>he doesn't realize kikestream is incentivized to force the transactions offchain
It's really that fucking simple you kike

bold faced lie like everything from (((blockstream)))

LN is a closed ledger third party channel.

>then why has bitcoin lot more than half its market to altcoins?
because most of the new money is speculative in nature, and therefore they will devote part of their portfolio to speculate on altcoins rather than let it sit on Bitcoin and get x3 per year instead of potentially 20x per year.
Also more players = more diversified interests and niches opening up.

>bold faced lie
it isn't. Look up some of the words in this tweet:
twitter.com/jrbhudon/status/903439675360067584
>LN is a closed ledger third party channel.
repeating it over and over like the brainless cuck you are won't make it true

neither is bitcoin you ignorant moron, and you're losing every day. But unlike LN BTC, Monero has a unique function.

All of BTC's new features are scams to get around the whitepaper's solution to scaling (INCREASING BLOCKSIZE) and take people's money.

You're fixing soething because that isn't broken. To pressure people to subscrbe to LN but making per-tx fees too high and shitty. So you can take people's money.

Bitcoin is shitcoin.
reddit.com/r/btc/comments/47zfzt/blockstream_is_now_controlled_by_the_bilderberg/

bullshit. I paid .50c for a transaction today and it went through eventually no worries.

>Why the fuck do you idiots keep pushing BCC?

because its the original bitcoin you moron
as intended by satoshi nakamoto himself in his whitepaper
unlike (((bitcoin))) which got hijacked by banks and now has a bunch of useless shit stacked on top to cripple its growth and extract more money from users

>because most of the new money is speculative in nature
It's because it costs $15 to send BTC and a full day to get there.

LN iss off the bockchain on a third party privte channel this isn't even debatable.

It won't even work
medium.com/@jonaldfyookball/mathematical-proof-that-the-lightning-network-cannot-be-a-decentralized-bitcoin-scaling-solution-1b8147650800

medium.com/@jonaldfyookball/continued-discussion-on-why-lightning-network-cannot-scale-883c17b2ef5b