Why did no country conquer Antarctica, did they fear the penguin warrior?

Why did no country conquer Antarctica, did they fear the penguin warrior?
But in all seriousness, why was there no real attempt to colonize this place

It's too cold retard

There's nothing there. It's just ice and stupid ass birds.

Colonies generally turn a profit, and Antarctica doesn't, that's changed now with the autistic muh omega 3 kirll oil shit but now all you need is long range fishing trawlers so a colony still makes no sense

>But in all seriousness, why was there no real attempt to colonize this place
Because there is a fucking treaty that nobody can claim it as a colony.
How did nobody violate it yet? It's a fucking continent-sized desert.

A lifeless frozen continent... Indeed I wonder why.

Because it's a frozen hell hole with no easily accessible natural resources. Before very recent times it was impossible to even have temporary settlements there. Being in Antarctica is the closest thing to being on another planet that can be experienced on Earth.

Did you notice that map, what the fuck is that?

If the world were an RPG then would be some dank ass loot in Antarctica to justify it being so dangerous. But sadly that just isn't true.

There are no forests on Antarctica anymore, it's a projection of it in 200 years time if you image search it

I know it's not real, but it says land cover c. 1600, but that's fucking bullshit, isn't it, wasn't the place warm enough to have forests like 30 million years ago?
Also how the fuck would it get forested 200 years from now?

>Also how the fuck would it get forested 200 years from now?
Because printing that gets them sweet hits and ad revenue

>how the fuck would it get forested 200 years from now?
It wouldn't

The Nazis did

>lifeless
Absolutely wrong.

So, stolen Jew gold and cryogenic Hitler?

Global warming will have to run its course for a while before Antarctica is worth a damn.

I said "continent", marine life (the few birds on the coasts) doesn't really count as life on the continent.
There isn't any form of life, vegetal or animal, bigger than micro organisms, and still, they're very rare.

Leopard seals are pretty big

>I said "continent", marine life (the few birds on the coasts) doesn't really count as life on the continent.
What don't you understand in "marine life"?

Tekeli-li! TEKELI-LI!

bogdonoffs*, sorry i mistyped

Because colonization became unpopular by the time the technologies needed to mine that fuckload of metal and coal came about.

It can still happen, but it's still not that viable right now. Wait until resources are more scarce or some crazy person does the initial investment. Once that geothermal is tapped, it's basically unlimited energy for any projects down there.

>Once that geothermal is tapped, it's basically unlimited energy for any projects down there.
Me too I want a global disaster.

>then would be some dank ass loot in Antarctica to justify it being so dangerous. But sadly that just isn't true.

Prove there isn't

>why wouldn't people want to colonize a remote frozen shithole that has few if any easily accessible natural resources?