What would the world be like if the Central Powers won WWI?

What would the world be like if the Central Powers won WWI?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Française
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this is outdated

How does the lore explain this post-AH? For example, why Slovenia and Veneto are Austrian, but Sudetenland isn't German?

better

Austria Hungary exists, but it is really weakened and almost collapsed

The 20th century would be less totalitarian but more reactionary. If you want me to elaborate I can.

It's an incredibly loose federation of Austria, Bohemia, Hungary, Croatia, Galicia etc

Please do famalan

patrician tier answer

Post it please and thank you.

>be less totalitarian but more reactionary
This is totally good.

Long live the King and the Catholic Church.

A better place.

Sorry forgot.

Nazism wouldn't be relevant for obvious reasons, and while you could easily get an equivalent ideology going in France, it couldn't have done nearly as much damage as Nazi Germany did in World War II. The German Empire and its allied would be better-positioned to aid the Whites than the Entente was, so I suspect that the Bolsheviks would eventually be defeated, and Russia would end up as a right-wing military dictatorship under Wrangel that would be initially allied with Germany but would inevitably seek to regain its lost territories. It would be a pretty nasty regime, but probably not on the level of Stalin, and unlike Marxism-Leninism it wouldn't seek to spread its ideology, so you also avert Maoism in China (though, again, China's 20th century was going to be rough no matter what--I suspect the warlord period lasts longer).

Germany would effectively have hegemony over Europe for the forseeable future; France would be in no position to challenge them even if it went communist or fascist and Britain would probably seek to cooperate. Germany would have directly annexed the Ober Ost (pic related) and a strip of Congress Poland while making puppet kingdoms out of Livonia, Estonia,Poland, and Ukraine. Austria-Hungary would delay its death by a couple decades but would either have to federalize or collapse (in which case Hungary, Bosnia, etc. become German client states). The Ottoman Empire collapses regardless and the Germans and British compete for influence over the Arabs.

So I say "less totalitarian" because you probably avert the rise of Nazism and Marxism-Leninism and the worst crimes that came from those states, but "more reactionary" because Europe would be dominated by a quasi-democratic, militarist monarchy.

We could had witnessed the rise of French fascists, which, if you ask me, would look pretty fucking hilarious

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Française

Septembre Rouge (graphic novel)
1914 Battle of the Marne is lost
Kaiser lunches in Paris
Clémenceau makes a Government in exile at Algiers
1917 Russia is exhausted, Tsar Nicolas is going to make a peace treaty
Clémenceau sends Anarchist Jules Bonnot to kill the Tsar and makes a Revolution with the Bolsheviks
1918 The new leader of Russia Makhno organizes the Revolution in Germany
Germany collapses
British, Free French and Belgian troops debark in Ostende, the war is over

>ywn see Le Hitler get smashed to fragments by the forces of Kaiser Wilhelm III
Why god

French and british get fucked hard
Assuming no unristricted submarine warfare america and germany start building up really goo relations
French either go full ye old paris commune or a french version of fascism
Italy is even worse
Tsar stays in russia

Germany shouldn't have fallen if it had access to Frances grain.

Probably something like this after AH falls.

Why do none of these maps have Germany ceasing the coal mining areas in France?

The one you replied to does.

The first map in this thread shows that as well.

>Austria and Bohemia not eaten up Germany
>Karelia not finnish
>Galicia existing
>Italy??

>No Nazis
>No commies
>More liberty
>Glorious aesthetics
But no, I had to be born in this timeline, where people care more about pseudo-scientific identity politics than they are with the prosperity of the nation.

Makes me sad, this timeline is glorious

>French Hitler

My sides

You do realize there is a lot of coal along the Belgian border right?
Also that territory would be the perfect staging ground to pound Paris into dust if the French got uppity again.

The map posted by shows them being ceded to Belgium, which is what Germany was actually intending to do (while keeping Belgium as a German protectorate).

>No Nazis
>More (((Liberty)))
>No collective identity
this timeline seems even worse

Liberal democracy would also be in a weaker position in this timeline, mostly limited to the New World and Anglosphere.

How would it affect japan and the Pacific?

Why would fascists gain power in France just because they lost?
Italy, Spain and Portugal didn't lose WW1, neither did Japan.

That already existed as Petain and the Milices.

Japan would probably keep its possessions of Korea and Taiwan but forced to return the German colonies it occupied and maybe cede its Chinese territories over (quite lucrative at the time) to German but would not suffer much for the most part. If Japan played its cards right it could easily strike up an alliance with Germany (Japan was mentioned in the Zimmerman telegram as a potential new ally) and possibly end up with some new territory if it really did commit to working with Germany and since Japan was largely opportunistic at the time it might become close with Germany if it could get something out of it, buts that's an almost extreme alternate history scenario. The most likely thing is it would barely be affected but would not gain Tsingtao or The South Pacific mandate and possibly not be as powerful because it wouldn't be part of the big five nations.

Japan would attack anyone who had colonies in SEA.

>DUDE Austria would like, just disintegrate and join the EPIC GROSSSGERMANIUMS!!!!!!

Austro hungary falling apart is almost a give in

I wouldn't even be alive in that timeline

The minorities of Austria-Hungary were generally loyal especially the Croats. If the Austrians were to give them more autonomy like the United States of Austria plan proposed it could easily survive.

EVERY
MAN
A
KING

Fascism rise in allied countries.

Soviet union might have had to come later on

EVERY
HOME
A
CASTLE

The fall of the empire was the fault of the Hungarians, not the Austrians.

Global Communism

Explain.

Japan's not giving Tsingtao or new guinea back to Germany. Germany can do little about it. Imperial Germany would revert to its traditional Chinese alliance anyway, and Japan would be shut out.

The fall of the empire was caused by the Rome conference on april 8th 1918 where the emigrant politicians of the minorities agreed to split up the AH into many small French oriented countries.

The only reason the minorities were dissatisfied is because the Hungarians did not allow the Austrians the reform the Empire.

>The minorities of Austria-Hungary were generally loyal
Wow, the delusion

>believing post-war revisionist nonsense
Austria-Hungary being unstable is a meme