If greeks are the same as ancient greeks, lebanese are the same as phoenicians...

If greeks are the same as ancient greeks, lebanese are the same as phoenicians, and italians are genetically the same as romans, does bulgarians just thracians and serbs illyrians?

>Italians are the same as Romans genetically

[Citation needed]

No, because despite memes there is a significant Slavic element which was new to Balkans at that time. Serbs and Bulgarians weren't the first Slavs to invade Balkans.
However yes, both are mostly native, but neither Serbs nor Bulgarians consider themselves Illyrians or Thracians, they consider themselves to be Slavs.
I'd say culture and sentiment matters more than genetics.

>and italians are genetically the same as romans
LOL NO

Even during Rome existance Historians claimed that there were barely any pure Roman left

Italians are mostly of Syrian and North African descents

[Citation needed]
If anything only mass settlement in Italy was that of Germanics.

www.eupedia.com/genetics/italian_dna.shtml
And here's your source you /pol/ niggers. Italians of today are genetically Italians of ancient period.

Yes, that's what I implied, they got white washed

Hard.

Modern Italians are Sub Germanic genetically speaking

But dont all invading armies leave just a minuscule imprint on the genetic makeup of a population. What made invading slavic tribes different?

Shouldn't northern italy also have lots of celtic and rhaetic ancestry?

>Eurpedia

lol...

They do, they also have massive Germanic (Gothic and Lombard) ancestry

Slavs settled and peacefully mixed with natives over following centuries. Those weren't invading armies, those were invading people, and Slavs were pretty numerous.
To connect to the other subject here, Arab invasion of Italy, Turkish invasion of Balkans, Muslim invasion of Spain, all those invasions were mostly armies and elites, which ruled over culturally (religiously) different population, so mixing was very uncommon.
In case of Balkans there was very little Turkish settlement, and Turks who settled lived in cities while natives lived in rural areas, and majority of population was rural.
Local Muslim elite which developed over time were natives, not Turks by origin.
Not really, I posted you a link.

>I posted you a link

No, you didn't

>lol...
Not an argument. Goths, Lombards and Vandals were dwarfed by native population. They didn't leave any significant imprint.

I did and you provided ZERO evidence of your claim besides your /pol/tard childish delusions.
>lol...
is not an argument, you didn't explain what's wrong with these genetic studies.

PROVIDE ARGUMENT FOR WHAT?

you fucking retard, Eupedia is not a reliable source, they're haplomeme shitters, genetically we have no samples from ancient Etruscans and Romans but it's likely they clustered with Aegean Minoans or Cypripts, nothing to do with modern italians who got germanized, the closest to them would be Sicilian

>is not a reliable source
>doesn't provide a reliable source that made him conclude this
>gets angry and spergs out
Guess I won this discussion, bye.

Fucking idiots. Romans were not an ethnicity. A Roman was citizen of Rome. Most fucking Europeans and Middle Easterners are in a way descendants of Romans. Italians are descendants of Latins and off other Italics.

I didn't say Roman, I said Italian.

I mean central italians, Romans and their Etruscan brothers, the bearer of Western civilization and founder of Rome, you fucking idiot

Etruscans and Romans were obviously less "white" having less steppe ancestry since they didn't get as GERMAN'D as their descendants, they were pretty brown like Minoans and other Eastern Mediterraneans

Sorry didn't read carefully

that's a cute shield
think they made fun of him

>If anything only mass settlement in Italy was that of Germanics.

What are the Gauls in the North, the Greeks in the South and the Syrians and North Africans in the whole Italy, as well as the Arabs in Sicily ?

Germanic actually left the tiniest ammount of DNA

>the Syrians and North Africans in the whole Italy

Something that didn't happen and isn't substantiated by either genetics or historians

>Germanic actually left the tiniest ammount of DNA

Lol... yes, I'm sure 500,000 Lombards didn't left DNA after invading the decimated Medieval italy who had just suffered from the byzantine wars

>Rome too was home to countless of the Empire's different ethnic groups—Egyptians, Syrians, Gauls, and Germans—such immigration, often for economic reasons
Coinage and Identity in the Roman Provinces, Page 24, Christopher Howgego,Volker

I never denied Syrians and other ethnicities were in Rome, but they were far less in number than Iberians, Gauls or Germanic, especially considering hwo thriving the slave trade was from the rest of West Europe (Gaul, Greece, Iberia, Sardinia et Corsica) since the time of the republic, most of the slaves were from those places, and later Germanic and Dacian slaves were also many, not to mention genetically Italians have only 1-3% North African admixture, while North italians are genetically almost indistinguishable from French people, you've lost the argument.

>Robert de Niro
>He is of Irish and Italian descent on his father's side, while his mother had Dutch, English, French, and German ancestry.
He's literally just 1/4 Italian. Shit example.

>genetically Italians have only 1-3% North African admixture

More like 10-30%

He doesn't look North African at all. At least pick somebody like Al Pacino who genuinely looks like a Berber.

>Epiiic everyone with slightly dark skin is from north Africa

Seriously, go the fuck back to /int/, high level of discourse is expected it and you're clearly a brain damaged shitposter

>this one guy
retard
sure proved me wrong with that pic

I'll be honest

Lower class Italians are Norh Africans, while Higher cass Italians are Semitic

I don't think there are any White Italians

Epic, now go back to /int/

How am I retard for pointing out de Niro is barely even Italian while that picture claims him as the example of the average Italian?

Because it's not an argument.

>Anything that i dislike is not true

Sure

No one ever mention the word SLAV before XV c.
NEVER!

Nope, not enough to affect phenotype like that. The Romans (especially in the south) were always swarthy. The only major historic mixture was Greek movement in the South.

Fair enough, someone should redo the infograpjic, replacing de-niro with a full Italian.

True but the Latins were the primary ruling class and majority of the population.

People from sicily are closely related to near-easterners. Not because of "recent" conquering of migrating but because they have a higher European Farmer admixture with little hunter gatherer (Sardinians have much more of this) nor "Aryan" (mixture of WHG, ancient North Eurasians and caucasian farmers). If anything MENA people looked far more similar to Southern Europeans before they mixed with their negro servants.

Or is it North Africans who have 30% Italian admixture?

Rome was a Nordic civilization

That's not how it works.

Sicilians don't cluster between Sardinians and Northern Europeans like they would if they were ENF/Indo-European. Basques do and they are sooooo far from MENA.

Sicilians are significantly shifted towards neo-MENA populations with more complex origins than the ENF of Western Anatolia 8000 BC.

Why aren't bulgarians cherishing their thracian ancestry?

Bulgarians weren't slavs when they arrived

That shield is kawaii af

Maybe because unlike Romanians they don't need to LARP an ancient civilization to feel good about their past

Wrong, nordic pagans are the true romans italians are part congoid.

Because they're busy cherishing their Bulgarian ancestry. We wuz czars and shit

>fuck facts look at this anecdotal evidence