How do you deal with the bouts of depression that studying history causes?

How do you deal with the bouts of depression that studying history causes?

>Almost every "story" in history has a bad ending
>History is constantly unfair, with few rarely getting what they deserve
>For all of human history, including today, the majority of humanity is not living a pleasant life

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a6wmDBz8H_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's all about judging history in your own view. Do you think the majority of history has a bad ending? To me, I think it's a balance between fair and unfair with most things in it. But, I do agree with you that humans aren't living the greatest lives that they possibly could be.

Because if that were the case, it'd be the Wild West or the Renaissance all over again. But it isn't, for we live in this gay, boring consumerist age where you work, pay, taxes, and then die.

That's no way for Man to live. That's no way for anything to live. I would trade this life to go back into the past if it meant not living in this postmodernist shithole, I really would.

One most embrace the beauty of tragedy, of the noble loss

>Do you think the majority of history has a bad ending?

I think History is mostly bad endings, but that each of these bad endings are all also good endings to someone else.

The conquests by the Mongols were the greatest bad endings to millions, but to the Mongols, it is their greatest golden age

I think most depressing thing about history is how much popular ideas of historical things are lies. All that shit about noble knights, honorable samurai, pure princesses, it's all fucking lies. We're all murder-happy rapists who are kept in check by stronger murder-happy rapists.

By the very that you're capable of mourning the "loss" means you haven't actually lost.

>How do you deal with the bouts of depression that studying history causes?
>>Almost every "story" in history has a bad ending
>>History is constantly unfair, with few rarely getting what they deserve
>>For all of human history, including today, the majority of humanity is not living a pleasant life

That's where credible theology comes in...

youtube.com/watch?v=a6wmDBz8H_Q

It is rather pessimism that plagues me

The real redpill is that the majority of human history has been extremely mundane, insignificant and generally pretty ok.

Pessimism is simply functional depression.

>wake up
>don't live in the Habsburg Worldstate

>he judges history with a christian lens in 2017

well stop being christian

Pain seems to be a universal downer

Most political ideologies seem to focus on ending or minimizing pain, though, it's not a Christian viewpoint.

>the Wild West or the Renaissance all over again
Please no.

Atheists are the plight of humanity.

What did (You) mean by this?

Through what lens would the history of the world be mostly happy?

That seems a fate worse than death

>I would trade this life to go back into the past if it meant not living in this postmodernist shithole, I really would.
So why don't you just move to some third-world country?

>the world is this shitty yet good still exists somehow

>Implying

Show me the good in the world

>Black People

It's about Third-World conditions, but with white people and their evolutionary traits

It's because things are shitty that good can exist in this world in the first place.
Without a good/bad dichotomy to foil each other both become meaningless

Fuck off retard

What makes me sad is the way I'll read about things that can easily attribute to an event that is happening currently.

Makes me feel like humans will never learn from our mistakes and we'll never transcend to greater heights

rose colored ones

Thirdworlder here, nah, it's the same boring, consumerist shithole here.

It's almost as if you've never lived in the post world

Im planning on killing myself, and I think that may work.