m.youtube.com/watch?v=AMLaqNDEM-c
youtube.com/watch?v=c8cJlf3iO6c
youtube.com/watch?v=uuA8CSvAWhc
youtu.be/UvgLUGRhuwU?t=1m5s
youtube.com/watch?v=G9DpKDwCJcM
youtube.com/watch?v=4WBUv3229u0
youtube.com/watch?v=ClR9tcpKZec
youtube.com/watch?v=pUVDmXvXcbk
airships.net/hindenburg/disaster/oh-the-humanity-herbert-morrison-and-the-hindenburg/
youtube.com/watch?v=yb30L-NmKjo&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=2mwKZlQcIAs
youtube.com/watch?v=OsFwPv4iAc4
youtube.com/watch?v=2-FibDxpkb0
bbc.com/news/health-40719743
youtube.com/watch?v=b9Fkadd_T1A
youtube.com/watch?v=YhtuMrMVJDk
youtube.com/watch?v=OkqEm85ou-8
youtube.com/watch?v=RqNeskjjQrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nCXVAKvwnKM
youtube.com/watch?v=T_nvQdMiZbw#t=10s
youtube.com/watch?v=tjPeo1IY05o
youtube.com/watch?v=eIreF_5GM0U
youtube.com/watch?v=cCyPAaubENE
youtube.com/watch?v=CDDJf6zG5hM
youtube.com/watch?v=Hi-rejaoP7U
youtube.com/watch?v=WeW1eV7Oc5A
youtube.com/watch?v=8fxy6ZaMOq8
youtube.com/watch?v=S_wYBn_olDg&t=40s
youtube.com/watch?v=lzf3FRSbEUk
youtube.com/watch?v=quGBsaaHtQY
youtube.com/watch?v=kqD8lIdIMRo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AMLaqNDEM-c

Franco.
youtube.com/watch?v=c8cJlf3iO6c

youtube.com/watch?v=uuA8CSvAWhc

Teddy sounded like a nu-male

Assad's lisp definitely counts too.

Could it be just the way voices sounded on those recordings back then? I once read an article about the recording of the Hindenburg disaster and how it got so infamous because the recording made the guy commenting it sound more high-pitched.

youtu.be/UvgLUGRhuwU?t=1m5s

youtube.com/watch?v=G9DpKDwCJcM
>tfw movies lied to you

>5'6

I'm impressed by the quality.

Franco literally didn't have balls

youtube.com/watch?v=4WBUv3229u0

But this recording destroyed the myth that he was basically speaking falsetto.

Teddy was maybe the most alpah motherfucker that's ever been in the White House.

lol he sounds like a typical goatfucker from the Caucasus

No. youtube.com/watch?v=ClR9tcpKZec

Came to post this. He had a really high, squeaky voice.

I also thought about this but the point still stands.
youtube.com/watch?v=pUVDmXvXcbk

airships.net/hindenburg/disaster/oh-the-humanity-herbert-morrison-and-the-hindenburg/

So it could be just a result of accident but I think I heard that recordings back in the day really distorted the actual sound.

Sounds like chicken noises

Coolidge sounds like he needs sinus surgery

Ah true. I had heard before that he spoke in a voice that was practically squeaking.

Cleveland's audio is not his but Bryan's.

The voice is a bit higher but his cadence is still how I imagined.

10/10 still badass

Wow, his voice was a lot higher-pitched than you'd expect.

Nothing beats the soothing voice of Woodrow Wilson

youtube.com/watch?v=yb30L-NmKjo&t=1s

desu i blame hollywood. in real life, i've noticed most mens' voices are nowhere near radio or tv voices and a lot sound high pitched.

(((sparrow))) noises*

This is a little jarring. But Patton is Patton.

Also I'm pretty sure this exactly how Europeans would imagine a wacky American voice in that era.

It's unironically Estrogen in the water

He had been breathing helium or something before that speech. In other videos he sounds normal:
youtube.com/watch?v=2mwKZlQcIAs
youtube.com/watch?v=OsFwPv4iAc4
I don't even like the guy, but this is disingenuous.

I've studied Stalin for two years and have written three papers on his government. I'm planning to write my dissertation on his relationship with NKVD leaders during the 1936 purge.

Today was the first time I heard his voice. Jesus Christ.

Shorter men rarely have deep voices, and obviously the way you speak doesn't have any bearing on your character. But I'll be damned if this doesn't change my perception of the guy.

LBJ's voice always makes me cringe
youtube.com/watch?v=2-FibDxpkb0

Neat thread, I always like hearing really old recordings of politicians. Even though I don't like him at all, FDR had a really comforting voice.

we'd need statistics though. I think it's simply a problem of imagination vs. reality. I always thought as a kid that grownups sounded like in the movies, but most people's voices are shit sounding, and i think that has to do with my being raised on movies and being isolated. If anything it's chemicals in what we eat and in plastics- the same stuff taht has caused a plummet in sperm count over the late 50 years.
bbc.com/news/health-40719743

Were these voices really that high pitched or was it just a product of the recording process?

>tfw will never have any audio recordings of the Lincoln-Douglas debates or of the Founding Fathers

>LBJ's voice always makes me cringe
why? he was texan i don't see anything else that can make it cringeworthy

>Shorter men rarely have deep voices
what? why would this be correlated at all? sounds like nonsense

no old recording is still an accurate representation of their voice, maybe muddy, but that's the voice.
t. bedroom producer faggot

I'm surprised to not hear Taft take deep breaths between every word. They spoke so eloquently back then that the pitch of their voice is hardly noticeable or bad, like Teddy's.

youtube.com/watch?v=b9Fkadd_T1A

I think it's best to let Lincoln rest without everyone hearing a recording or his high pitches voice. It's amazing, in this day and age, half our presidents probably wouldn't be elected due to their voices not being the quality needed in the superficial elections we have today. Some of our best possible presidents may have been passed up because they sounded like Paul Tsongas.

Can't... Unhear...

Lincoln probably sounded normal, it was his political opponents that we're giving the description of his supposed "shrill, high voice". People believed it since, unless you were there to hear him give a speech, how would you know otherwise?

Not that he wasn't a dick, but that's what an American politician should sound like, damnitall.

He's right in that FDR does it better though:
youtube.com/watch?v=YhtuMrMVJDk

Shame this accent is dead - as, I suppose, is the era of politicians sounding professional (or being professional, for that matter).

Taft wasn't bad, just a slow reader:
youtube.com/watch?v=OkqEm85ou-8

>Lincoln
youtube.com/watch?v=RqNeskjjQrQ

cant unhear

wat..?

Excellent president

>all the comments and ratings are disabled
hmmm...

Seems perfectly normal and America to me, but im british.

In general Americans on TV and in movies have nice voices, but the majority in real life sound awful as if their voice is in their nose.

Horseshit

seems legit

>generic American politician
>Southern/Texas accent

Mid-Atlantic accent or bust

Not realy a gay voice or a leader, but cool one
youtube.com/watch?v=nCXVAKvwnKM

The greatest American general sounds like a peter puffer

Not surprising

Stalin was 5'4'' (And allegedly 5'2'')

thith

youtube.com/watch?v=T_nvQdMiZbw#t=10s
Didn't expect it to be such high tbqh

Here's de Gaulle. Great voice.

Younger, and inexperienced as a public speaker:
youtube.com/watch?v=tjPeo1IY05o

Older:
youtube.com/watch?v=eIreF_5GM0U

So this is the gay thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=cCyPAaubENE

This is what an old southern man sounds like. My Grandfather sounds pretty much exactly the same.

ever notice how theres a certain type of person, usually from an upper class urban backround, who has a REALLY gay voice? Its not the typical "gay accent" , just this really feminine and faggy voice tone, as well as really feminine body language. Im not a big tough guy at all, but they are just really pussy like

Truly the reincarnation of Caesar

I think you might be right

wow what a faggot

after perusing the clips of their voices. I don't see anything "gay sounding" about them. They sound like normal people to me.

Absolutely holy fuck. At college everybody spoke that way. Why the fuck is that acceptable? Is it because society is becoming more female centric? Im no tough gut either but it irritated me to no end

Without memeing which accent is gayer?

British or American?

I like the voice of Craig Ferguson

Those countries don't have one monolith accent. Regional accents of both nations can be masculine and some can be really faggy sounding. Manchester and midwestern accents are the best.

>Smaller drums rarely make deep sounds
what? why would this be correlated at all? sounds like nonsense

youtube.com/watch?v=CDDJf6zG5hM

Apparently he was a squeaking cunt in real life.

not really a famous leader but i always found these interesting in regard to how early English really sounded like

youtube.com/watch?v=Hi-rejaoP7U

youtube.com/watch?v=WeW1eV7Oc5A

youtube.com/watch?v=8fxy6ZaMOq8

youtube.com/watch?v=S_wYBn_olDg&t=40s

>czech
>not really a gay voice

??? ???

he spoke russian with a heavy georgian accent, maybe that's why

Lenin sounds like a drunk bydlo youtube.com/watch?v=lzf3FRSbEUk

thats not it. Its not the cliche gay voice, its just this weak sounding and effeminate voice that has an almost valley girl twang to it. Its hard to describe, but everyone whos heard it knows what it sounds like.

That quality is amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=quGBsaaHtQY

youtube.com/watch?v=kqD8lIdIMRo
When he's doing speeches to a crowd Putin actually gets much deeper and doesn't pause anywhere near as much, but still
He's also way way smaller than you'd think, like even knowing he's only 1.7 metres tall doesn't prepare you for how squashed his proportions are
This is also, probably, the fault of the audio recording equipment and personnel, but in most of his speaking footage his swallowing and light coughing is really, really loud

why should taller person mean bigger voicebox? not all tall people are bigger in every single way. otherwise what you say makes sense