Anyone else a huge Second Reichaboo?

Anyone else a huge Second Reichaboo?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Question
youtube.com/watch?v=I82_ybEAHxM
youtube.com/watch?v=uyfNjLR5B3Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why isn't the Austrian habsburg empire considered one of the Reichs?

>collapses less than 50 years

I'd say because its not German

That doesn't mean much at all

It never claimed to be a successor of the HRE.

wut.... Austria is more German than fucking prussia

Neither did Prussia. Austrian Empire was more of a state than the HRE ever was.

I love Prussia but Imperial Germany was less than the sum of its parts.

How so?

Reminder that Kleindeutschland was the most aesthetic borders Germany will ever have.

It was a majority Slavs, not mostly Germans.

Yes.
Beautiful.

Cons: Dozens of tumors sprinkled throughout
Pros: One of those sprinkles is Oldenburg

Uhm. the "1st Reich" aka HREotGN was dominated by the Habsburger for 500 years, and thus is certainly considerd one of the "Reichs". It was disolved in 1806, and thus lost it's claim to speak for the rest of the German states, thats kind of the point of the "Deutsche Frage"

why is it called kleindeutschland when modern germany is way kleiner?

I unironically think that the Weimar borders are sexier.

AESTHETIC
I used to think that too, you'll learn with time.
Because there was the 'German question' - whether the German nation state should be created with or without Austria, the solution with Austria was called 'Großdeutsche Lösung', that without Austria 'Kleindeutsche Lösung'.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Question

and yes, I adore the Second Reich too, all it needed was Frederick III not to smoke, Willy II to die as a child (or not become autistic), the parliament to have more power in foreign affairs and fairer voting rights.

Aesthetics were just on point...

>the parliament to have more power in foreign affairs and fairer voting rights.
This is what really killed them. Von Bismark was too attached to "Muh Proud Junker Heritage," so he gave far too much influence to a class of people with next to no economic influence and ever shrinking military utility.

Looks better without Alsace Lorraine desu

>No Nazis
>No Commies/Commies aren't a threat
>(Relative) Peace in the Middle East
>A productive Africa
>Nationalism and traditionalism
>Glorious aesthetics
But no, the entente just HAD to win, didn't they?

Doesn't feel like it ever truly united and that a united Germany was something everyone wanted until they got it. Also the generally poor leadership after the death of Wilhelm I. All the great industry in the world won't help you when Wilhelm II and the generally lesser quality post-Bismarck administrators are in place. Maybe under Frederick William III there might have been a chance since he basically wanted to liberalize the country and pattern its government after Britain's but at the same time I'm doubting it as long as long Germany held even the tiniest island as a colony (triggering Britain's autism). Plus a lot of the time the whole "FREDERICK III WOULD'VE BEEN THE GREAT LIBERAL SAVIOR" comes off as the ramblings of Sonderweg types. He would've had to out-politic Bismarckand he'd probably have faced a lot of resistance from a lot of the rest of the German administration, nobility, etc.

Was there a more entertaining crime?

>On 16 October 1906 Voigt was ready for his next caper. He had purchased parts of used captain's uniforms from different shops and tested their effect on soldiers. He had resigned from the shoe factory ten days previously. He took the uniform out of baggage storage, put it on and went to the local army barracks, stopped four grenadiers and a sergeant on their way back to barracks and told them to come with him. Indoctrinated to obey officers without question, they followed. He dismissed the commanding sergeant to report to his superiors and later commandeered six more soldiers from a shooting range. Then he took a train to Köpenick, east of Berlin, occupied the local city hall with his soldiers and told them to cover all exits. He told the local police to "care for law and order" and to "prevent calls to Berlin for one hour" at the local post office.

>He had the treasurer von Wiltberg and mayor Georg Langerhans arrested, supposedly for suspicions of crooked bookkeeping, and confiscated 4002 marks and 37 pfennigs - with a receipt, of course (he signed it with his former jail director's name). Then he commandeered two carriages and told the grenadiers to take the arrested men to the Neue Wache in Berlin for interrogation. He told the remaining guards to stand in their places for half an hour and then left for the train station. He later changed into civilian clothes and disappeared.

>In the following days the German press speculated on what had really happened. At the same time the army ran its own investigation. The public seemed to be positively amused by the daring of the culprit.

Then he gets arrested and sentenced to four years in prison but gets pardoned because Willy thought his crime was pretty funny so he decides to do a tour and write a book and makes a ton of money before losing it all in the Depression.

I like the big dinosaur mouth roaring at the Slavs.

I'm honestly in love with the Second Reich and not just because some of my family were rather well off subjects of it.

The aesthetics, the culture, the military influence and the perfect mix of the best aspects of traditionalism with the best aspects of modernism are all just so wonderful.
It is a tragedy that we shall almost certainly never see its like again.

that's awesome, thanks for sharing!

bump

Yeah tbch, but I have similar feelings for any conservative monarchy.

worst timeline

>bring in a communist revolutionary to cause a communist revolution in one of the largest countries on the planet
>blame others when you get exactly what you want
Piss off hans.

>tfw Germany will never be Europe's sword and shield
>tfw German will never be the worlds lingua franca
>tfw A synthesis of tradition and modernity will never reign supreme
>tfw The Hohenzollern's will never unite our planet under the imperial crown
It never stops hurting.

I still get rather emotional every time I see my great-great grandfathers officer commission paper.
Signed by the Kaiser himself.

I think you deserve a good dose of Napoleon in your Germany.

28th of January 1871, best day of my live!
It is just a shame that the frogs were not balkanised into several small kingdoms and annexed into the holy reich.

Bismarck has a pretty wide stance

It is
Pic related, the HRE (which was basically Austrian) few years before its destruction by France

FYI, no German ever uses the name "Second Reich" (unlike the French with their republics I guess). Mostly because using the term would implicitly give acknowledgement to the Nazis where none is due.

The proper name of the state was simply "Deutsches Reich", a name that was retained throughout the Republic and Nazi eras. To distinguish them, German-language historiography refers to Germany from 1870 to 1918 as "Kaiserreich". Keep that in mind if you want to -boo properly.

Krauts can't take pride in Third Reich so they retreat to numero dos.
Pathetic.
What's next Furry Reich?

Calm down.

Bismarck was the true Emperor of the German Empire and everyone knew it. No matter how hard he tried to hide it and give respect to his Kaiser.

It was a marvelous time and place, fuck you

First Reich > Second Reich

This is an objective fact.

t. Hapsburg

t. Frog

HRE was never fully ethnic German either, it had Bohemia, Carinthia, various Slavic lands in the northeast, Italians, French people, Frisians etc. I don't know when the HRE = Germany meme started, it wasn't an ethnostate.

That was one of the things Frederick III widely disliked. He believed that Bismarck purposely set up a confusing and unwieldy government apparatus because he was the only one who could run it and thus he'd be indispensable.

Bismarck, for his part, was paranoid that Frederick and Victoria would can him in favor of people more liberal... which is probably what would've happened. Frederick and Victoria were very liberal and their goal when Frederick became Kaiser was to get rid of the office of Chancellor for a more British style system while being co-rulers (instead of Frederick simply being Emperor and Victoria his influential consort).

>Tfw no comfy pan German nation
Feels bad man

>I don't know when the HRE = Germany meme started
Late Middle Ages, when people started adding "...of the German Nation" to HRE.

One day.

>In full GERMAN color

IM CUMMING!!!

Get mad, Östrich

GIB
CLAY

The beard guy looks shockingly like my Father.

Frederick was a British puppet after all.

Well his wife was Queen Victoria's daughter. But yeah I can't imagine his rule going as well as hoped because there'd be a lot of entrenched groups (and probably German nationalists) who likely would have seen him as one.

>including Bohemia
t. Czech

Mongols assraped all of Eurasia and their unified empire only lasted ~100 years. just because they empire fractured doesn't erase their accomplishments. In fact, if they didn't fracture, east/central Europe would've spent centuries under the Mongols' yoke like kievan rus and muscovy did

I noticed that too. Ready to take a big delicious chomp

>“Should you encounter the enemy, he will be defeated! No quarter will be given! Prisoners will not be taken! Whoever falls into your hands is forfeited. Just as a thousand years ago the Huns under their King Attila made a name for themselves, one that even today makes them seem mighty in history and legend, may the name German be affirmed by you in such a way in China that no Chinese will ever again dare to look cross-eyed at a German.”

What did he mean by this?

*autistic screeching*

>Neither did Prussia
What?
>Prussian-German Empire
>second Reich
>Otto von Bismarck as the first Reichskanzler

Yeah dude, they totally didn't claim to be the second German Empire.

bump

Serious question Veeky Forums how would the Kaseirreich develop if Frederick III lived as long as Willy?

Would WWI be avoided?

I think it would've still happened in some way. Germanophobia was rampant among the upper levels of the British government (Edward Grey fucking loved Eyre Crowe's memorandum and passed it to everyone he could for instance) and Britain would've continued viewing Germany as an imperial and economic/industrial rival. It took Russia losing a war which turned their focus away from Asia for Britain to seek an alliance with them.

Germany is already a caliphate. It never had right to exist in the first place, abomination.

This. I love German history, but Hitler was right in that Germany should cease to exist if they lose the war.

I think if Imperial Germany hadn't pushed for a battlefleet large enough to rival Britain, they might still have been around today.

Are you retarded?
The germans were the ones that funded communism and who turned nationalism into a stigma
fucking autistic kraut

>First Reich
>basically Austrian
>after peace of Westphalia
no

Nah, British foreign policy basically guaranteed a fight against Germany. Even if they hadn't built the High Seas Fleet, Germany was quickly becoming the predominant power in Europe, something Britain has always angled itself against. Once the various disasters of 1905 proved that Russia was not strong enough to challenge British dominance of asia, it was necessary for Britain to support them against their inevitable showdown against the Germans.

>two frankfurts
Wut

The opposite is true. They should have built a larger battle-fleet so they could thwart any attempt to blockade Germany.

Personally, I find Prussian/German history to be some of the more interesting European history. Not to say I don't like anything else in Europe, just that Prussia and the like are the most interesting in the methods they constructed a militaristic state.

There's Frankfurt (or Frankfurt am Main) in Hesse which is what people think of when they say Frankfurt, then Frankfurt an der Oder in Brandenburg which is a smaller city on the Oder as the name states.

Prussia's great in that it's a state that really should've been swallowed up by a bigger one (small, not a lot of resources, etc.) but through great leadership managed to punch far, far above its weight becoming the predominant Germanic power.

>they might still have been around today.

I like it on the eve of WWII, not sure why, I just like the blob.

This. I love how jagged it looks.

>tfw pre WWI Europe will never exist again
Why?

I like fat Germany.

youtube.com/watch?v=I82_ybEAHxM

youtube.com/watch?v=uyfNjLR5B3Y

yes

DELET

Amazing how clear this one is.