Why did they hate black people so much?

Why did they hate black people so much?

Hate makes chattel slavery more tolerable to the slave owner

they didn't hate black people, they just really loved cotton

after the war they wanted to get back at the union military occupation government during the reconstruction. turned out to be easier to just kill blacks. since they were no longer property, they no longer had the protections that they did as slaves. so the blacks were attacked in lieu of attacking the government.

before the war. the south was a class stratified society. the slaves and the free blacks were the bottom of the ladder. hating blacks was about keeping your self above someone else in society. more like how indians with the caste system dispise the lower castes. then any sort of nazi eugenics nonsense.

during reconstruction the southern whites were also all stripped of their right to vote or run for office. a lot of blacks took positions of power because they were the only ones voting. which put them at the top of society. which is why jim crow laws were passed. to put the blacks back in "their place".

;then you have a century of southern whites growing up seeing blacks as servants and menial laborers.kept in a lower station by the force of law. So the whites grew up thinking this was normal.

Why do people hate people in a lower caste/class, that makes no sense at all. It makes a lot more sense hating people in a higher caste/class.

>"i might be poor as shit, but at least i'm not a nigger"

When your own place in society isn't all that great, it helps to have somebody to look down upon.

You normally don't see that behaviour past high school though, were people really that retarded back then

humans are natural haters and there are less consequences hating people weaker than you

Because it in there best economic and societal interest to do so

So long as the peasants hate them for whatever reason noone will question why your using and treating them as cattle

My family for generations has been southern since before the war. While I don't think slavery is good my family always loved the south and does not 'hate' that flag or its average people

t. georgia negro folk

Adults are just better at hiding how petty they are

>UNCLE TOM HOUSE NEGRO SELLOUT OREO NAZI REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i have several questions:
1: Are you that black guy who said he wanted the Dukes of Hazard car?
2: I'm not American so my knowledge of politics anywhere south from New England is lacking. That being said there have been servants and slaves in many places and one example i know well are the sefs of Russia. Over there serfs served their masters and didn't always mind (i don't know if stockholm syndrom has to do with it). Did the majority of blacks in the US really mind? Did they make money/some kind of compensation for their work?
3: Was white boipucci popular among slaves back in the day?
4: Do you see a lot of this whole racial war as white people arguing with black pets to use as victim cards or targets?

Anyone over 25 who thinks like that has a personality disorder.

>African Americans are 30% white
Evidently not.

I don't think they hated blacks nearly so much as they hated the North. Blacks were a tiger the South had by the ears. They knew blacks had resentment for them and felt they'd have Nat Turner 2.0 the moment they let go. So when they saw the North agitating to free the blacks not as being humane and liberal, but as an attempt to kill them all. The fact that northern abolitionists were treating John Brown, a literal murderer and attempted racewar starter, like some kind of saint only added more credence to the paranoia.

Peep this analogy... A man from the ASPCA lets the dog you've been beating off his leash and the dog jumps on you and bites your nuts off, who do you hate more in this situation? The dog that bit your nuts off because he's a dog and that's what a pissed off dog wants to do? Or the guy that let the dog off the chain?

It is truly amazing the lengths you /pol/fags will go to. You are literally pretending to be a black person online, like that will change any opinions on the southern flag. Fuck off you underage racist faggot,

Read the countless slave narratives preserved by the Federal government. Lots of the slaves looked at the Yankee invader the same way their masters did. Culturally, they were southern as one would assume.

Take a picture of your hand

This is the correct answer.

Shit quote taken out of context

They were racists.

What did he mean by this?

The are envious of people with fewer than 6 digits on each hand who can attract sexual partners that are not blood relations.

>1: Are you that black guy who said he wanted the Dukes of Hazard car?
He probably isnt
>2: Did the majority of blacks in the US really mind? Did they make money/some kind of compensation for their work?
They were technically fed and housed but it wasnt good food and it wasnt good shelter. Youre asking if people "really minded" being regarded as property. Yes. Yes they minded.
>3: Was white boipucci popular among slaves back in the day?
If a darkie so much as whistled at a white person they would be murdered lol
>4: Do you see a lot of this whole racial war as white people arguing with black pets to use as victim cards or targets?
what even

>they wanted to get back at the union military occupation government during the reconstruction. turned out to be easier to just kill blacks. since they were no longer property, they no longer had the protections that they did as slaves. so the blacks were attacked in lieu of attacking the government.

Are you implying southern partisans didn't attack federal troops and white republican? The attacks on blacks were part of a concerted effort to regain control of the state governments during reconstruction, not scapegoating. Racial violence decreased after whites regained control because their was no more need for it.

>during reconstruction the southern whites were also all stripped of their right to vote or run for office. a lot of blacks took positions of power because they were the only ones voting. which put them at the top of society. which is why jim crow laws were passed. to put the blacks back in "their place".

Jim Crow laws were passed over 20 years after reconstruction during the progressive era because white populists saw blacks as "tools" of the wealthy elites and

have you been around a lot of poor people? They tend to be pretty shit and irresponsible.

There isn't a white person in america who wants to send their children to a majority black school. While segregation was wrong I can't fault those specific whites in the 60's for not wanting their schools integrated. A dumb quote by LBJ doesn't change that.

Master morality my dude

t. nietzsche

they didnt, they loved niggers
they brought over so many that they became a minority, they love niggers some much

Because their entire society had become organized in such a way that not hating them would not have allowed it to operate. If they admitted that Blacks were human beings they would thus have to admit slavery had no justification. Since the Plantation Aristocracy that ran the south wanted to remain an aristocracy instead of adapting, they did their best to encourage racism and "prove" to themselves that blacks were somehow less than human.

Cont.
This is because of a funny quirk of the Enlightenment. Cultures like the Romans and such had a very "might makes right" idea that meant slavery justified itself. They had no belief in "inalienable rights" or similar ideas. Thus as the Enlightenment spread slavers had to reconcile the fact that their actions directly opposed ideas like "Citizens Rights" or "Equality". Their answer was to say that their slaves were somehow a lesser order of beings and thus not entitled to the same protections as "Real People". Thus treating their slaves like real people proved the lie that was slavery in a Post-Enlightenment age, and thus hatred had to be promoted.

Many in the North supported war because they feared an expanding Slave Power would invite black slavery into their businesses and communities, or onto the frontier.

Is it weird I I masturbated to paintings and illustrations of civil war battles when I was younger? I read a ton about history and some of the paintings had like one dead confederate soldier lying on top of a nother union soldier in one part and thinking how they had died made me sad and then for some reason I started to get an erection, I would sometimes imagine I had been shot then lie on the ground rubbing my penis against the ground through my pants. Sometimes I'd get an erection and that would ruin it because it's really uncomfortable to be face down with an erection. But yeah id like march around outside with my toy wooden musket and 0retend to be lining up with the other men them open fire and I would prtend to die and fall over and lay there like that, but it was enjoyable to rub my limp penis against the ground thinking about people dying in the civil war and later other wars as well that I read about. This was all before my sexual awakening. When my dad told me about sex and erections and shit I almost asked him about thus shit but stopped myself which is pribably a good thing because if i hadn't I would probably be in a fucking mental hospital right now.

Leave the US/Canada/West Europe.
Literally no one cares about racism except for Western Yuros and Americans. You are the exception, not the rule.

>is unable to accept that a black person might disagree with him
>the thought that a black person likes southern culture throws him into a spastic fit
Who's supposed to be the racist again? Lmao.

southern white here.
don't know the person who posted this or their motives, but i can say there is more than a grain of truth here.
the high school in the small town i live in until recently was called the "rebels", and naturally enough used the confederate battle flag as its banner. well times changed, and this tradition ended, but not before i witnessed an older black gentleman casually sitting in a traffic island waving the flag around. during the short period i watched, i saw much positive acknowledgement even from other southern blacks.

I'm guessing you are from the morally superior north or Europe and have literally never been to the south or interacted with the people there.

Tell me if I'm right

tfw white and went ot a majority black school. glad i went. was alot of fun.

>hate

Nietzsche was literally wrong on everything though

People just like him because of his aesthetics

>20 years

well they would have to actually get back in power, before they could exclude a significant chunk of the population from voting.

9 million people in the CSA and 4 million of them were african slaves.

5 million whites. so about 2.5 million were males that could actually vote. take off .5 million from civil war dead. hundreds of thousands more that left for cuba, brazil, or western states/territories. who were replaced by union carpet baggers. minus hundreds of thousands more who were too young to vote. so you probably have 1.5 million voting age males in the southern states who were probably for things like jim crow. versus 2 million african males and .5 million white republicans.

High school is the peak of human behavior we just learn to hide shit better.

t. high schooler

Literally the best example about how the poor working class is manipulated and brainwashed by the elites to sow division amongst themselves instead of turning their anger on their righteous overlords.

good meme