Cynicism, stoicism, Christianity, or neo Platonism?

Cynicism, stoicism, Christianity, or neo Platonism?

What is best?

Stoicism and Epicurianism are the top tier.

Optimism, the hardest to follow

Epicurianism

Secular Humanism is pretty sound as society no matter the philosophy wishes peace an prosperity on their fellow man. One does not need faith in order follow the golden rules and ratios. the Stoics have it pretty good.

I find there are far too many contradictory truths in the Abrahamic faiths. That being said, I am starting to recognize the contradictions of God in the Old and New Testaments as a very good philosophical understanding of the "duality of man'

cynicism is very important in order for societal self-regulation and questioning of the status quo. though Diogenes (if he existed) had perhaps one of the purest of philosophies, he let escape man's purpose

Stoicism is compatible with both Neo-Platonism and Christianity

I really wish I could take Christianity more seriously, I've read plenty of the Church Fathers but Neo-Platonism or Deism just seems much more well thought out

Existentialism

Hegelian Absolute Idealism, cynicism and stoicism are underdeveloped as mere philosophies of subject.
Christianity and neoplatonism are built upon naive and flawed metaphysics which fail by making God transcendent rather than immanent and presupposing God prior to investigation and applying a methodology of investigating God prior to investigating God itself.

If you are truthful could you elaborate how you're making a living studying not the whole board/site but just one anonymous user on it? Are you studying his ideas or his style or his influence?

I have been collecting data on a few personalities on this site actually. i've been lurking since 2004. and yes, i get paid to collect data on internet personalities. now i am in the process of investigating the substance of Nathan Forrest and Qy's posts.

it is not enough to make a living, just a joke

not enough to make a living off of one guy obviously unless there was an acute request by some generous millionaire.

Interesting, and if you don't mind my asking: who could be interested in online personalities? Is it something psychological (like the all caps guy doing all caps to appear unique on a site that promotes anonimity) or something else entirely, maybe commercial?

>Cynicism
To follow it is absolutely gibberish, but it is an interesting philosophy to be applied in politics. To comprehend that no man is entirely honest eliminate the foolishness of ideological engagement and political hopes.

>Stoicism
A philosophy for strong men. A Stoic would accept anything life throws at him, the balance of desires is good to avoid anxiety, angst and despair, which leads to this well known modern pathology names depression.

>Christianity
Although I'm a Christian myself, I don't consider Christianity to be a philosophy, but a comprehension of God, its plans and which moral values should one hold. Living in Christianity may lead to a serious disdain to this world and an expectation of the world to come, it is a sacrifice of the entire life based on a hope. Life is gift, this is world is important and fideism is dangerous. Watch yourself to not become like the stylites

>Neo-Platonism
Same as Christianity, but edgy.

Oh and by the way good comment on theOP

when you say who? do you mean like a person or an entity? and to respond to your question on Qy and why he does all caps. it is beyond a matter of uniqueness and i can assure you he is not autistic in the way this website sees autism.

Could stoicism and cynisism be combined in some way? I don't know enough of either of them to know if this is a question that answers itself or not

Reading back I understand the confusion, probably my native tongue speaking: 'who' as in an organisation, a person within some organisation who controls research or maybe something/someone political.
I agree with your assessment though, but I still wonder why you (or the 'who' who asked you to research) picked him especially

to answer the first question. read about the American think-tanks CAP and CATO institute and you will start to "catch my drift" as we say in America.

why i chose Qy and a few other "anons" to study should be self evident in his ability to shut down or bring traffic into threads.

I myself chose the anonymous cause it makes it easier to study.

i chose not to be anonymous anymore because people finger point and say i am different people when i post.

I do not like the state Veeky Forums has gone and find i can have a better dialogue and recourse by adopting the name.

That does not seem like a good way to make a living.

>The works of men appeal more to my flesh than the things of the Spirit that I cannot comprehend.

Yeah.....

sorry, i can expand on why i told you to read about the think-tanks.

Those two for example have big wings interested in social politics and world affairs and Veeky Forums has a lot of cool folks into that.

CAP is a "left-wing" think-tank, CATO kinda more libertarian. that being said, just cause i work with those two for example doesn't mean I stand for who funds them and whom they work with.

>I'll work for the devil if his checks clear.

>Stoicism
>Appealing to flesh

Islam is the perfect synthesis of all moral thought

"it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven"

hey man, what do you do for work?

I use my brain and interweb-skillz so i can afford to travel a few times a year. what do you do for extra work?

I would disagree with you sir. Though I am not questioning the purity of the Qu'Ran nor the validity of hadiths, I think we both know what you said is a farce.

Thanks for explaining, to me it's quite scary to some degree to know that there are organisations who put actual research in an (supposedly) anonymous imageboard and the way communication works. In my understanding it's more about the way your subjects of research steer conversation in a thread instead of what they actually say? So more about techniques that unlock or block activity around a particular subject?
Interesting line of work though, after all internet is a whole new world with its own rules

neo-platonic christianity

THIS

children got it comming

Uh, Platonism obviously. Who the fuck gives "neoplatonism" pride of place. Utterly degenerate

Gnosticism

You get it baby :}

It actually pisses me off were just guinea pigs to these people.

So are guinea pigs

Epicureanism best bet

What are they using this data for, do you know?

If I knew that, I probably wouldn't sell the info my friend.

>Could stoicism and cynisism be combined in some way? I don't know enough of either of them to know if this is a question that answers itself or not

They are pretty much the same philosophy on most matters, except that Stoics were social and Cynics were anti-social.

>these writings are all contradictory and focused on purely earthly affairs
>let me try and guilt you by making it into this abstract spiritual competition that alludes you but that I can feel and makes me better than you

this is why I can't take Christianity seriously. Every Christian who has tried to pull this shit is very apparent. It's the Emperor's New Clothes

Can someone give me a quick rundown on neo platonism?

Isnt Cynicism Stoicism taking to its logical extreme , I recall reading a few quotes by ancient authors to that effect.

>Neo-Platonism
>Same as Christianity, but edgy.

Neoplatonists made an ontological misstep that led to all sorts of mistakes, but please don't put them on the same level as people who hold faith above truth. That's just mean. Christianity is gibbering retard tier theology.