Pre contact arms

got any pictures of american arms before european contact?

This is an incan axe made from copper alloy

fuck niggas up with this shit

Macuahuitl image from Spanish Royal Armory Catalog, only document of last surviving Aztec Weapon. Sadly it was lost in a fire In 1884.

It's made of bronze.

I prefer the gunstock war club, but that's not pre-contact.

What do you think bronze is?

It's a copper-tin alloy. Sorry, I forgot what's "alloy". :^)

Ayllus

The Incas used the word ayllu to describe lassos made of strips of rawhide that had three large stones suspended from them. Popularly used in hunting to bind the legs of their prey, the Incas threw ayllus in combat to bind the arms and legs of enemy soldiers. In fights against the Spanish, the Incas also used ayllus to bind the legs of horses so that Spanish soldiers would be forced to fight on foot

Halfway between a halberd and a spear, the tepoztopilli was equally useful for slashing and thrusting. Conquistador Bernal Díaz del Castillo mentions that on one occasion his armour was pierced by an Aztec lance and that only his thick cotton underpadding saved his life. The last authentic tepoztopilli was destroyed in a fire in 1884 in the Armería Real in Madrid where it was housed.

Looks a bit like an Egyptian axe but they had wooden hafts with metal heads

few atlatls survive from the Aztec and are highly decorated. The British Museum specimen is probably one of the gifts sent back to the king of Spain by Cortez, which then were passed around the royal houses of Europe. It is elaborately carved, and gorgeously gilded, a work of art fit for tribute to a king, or the weapon of a noble warrior. It is, however, perfectly usable.

It's hard to find Inca remnants online. The knowledge isn't publicized on the internet. Also most shit was lost, due to spanish melting the golden and some other metal arctifacts and tools on the capital.

They used a proto-halberd, kind of like. But I can't find a picture online. There are variants of it, some of them were completely made of bronze, the others resembled more an axe with a wooden stick.

Also they made short spears (antañauchi) with a longer blade, that it resembled long dagger.

They used a great variety of weapons, the jungle people used blowguns and bows, the coast people used stone and copper maces, some axes and clubs, the andean (Incas) used slings, bolas, axes, spears and the proto-halberds mainly, also the higher ranks used some helmets bade of bronze. There have been golden chestplates, but it was probably used by the Sapa Inca (king).

american =/= incan
you are forgetting all south america and other pre-incan societies

user, the "America" continent, contains those two subcontinents.

sure, but the thread only has incan shit

No. Are you blind?

I can link other pre-inca cultures that had better equipment actually, due to their trade routes.

Moche people seem to had these weaponry and armour type.

yes, I only see incas and aztecs
you are forgetting about all of the south american cultures
also, where are the north american tribes? where are the Rapa Nui?
pre-columbian america IS NOT limited to Incan and Aztec people

user, I posted just two texts from aztecs and Incas. What's your point?

Is this that?

This is a neat diagram of them

Not to mention decapitating niggas horses with.

>That snek dildo for a handle

would not this be very slippery?

looks fucking sick

I suppose they used some fibers for that matter.

I this is not called ayllu...

Fucking autocorrect.

>Don't tread on me

>Rapa Nui

would not they slip too?

No.