Did he deserve to die?

Did he deserve to die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54
youtube.com/watch?v=a6wmDBz8H_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=l7hfZLTjTSs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

YES THEY DESERVED TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL

The Republic had lots of problems but more competent leadership.

He did wage illegal war on Rome's clients/allies and killed countless of them.

He was sincerely benevolent to the people of rome, but at the same time made a complete mockery of the senate and democratic nature of the roman government
i mean, he was so into his own idol worship that he made himself into a god for his triumph and named a month of the year after himself

No he did not

>but at the same time made a complete mockery of the senate and democratic nature of the roman government
>i mean, he was so into his own idol worship that he made himself into a god for his triumph and named a month of the year after himself

You mean the Roman Government was making a mockery of the office of the Emperor. Do you know how many Emperors the Romans killed?

youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54

youtube.com/watch?v=a6wmDBz8H_Q

YES. DEATH TO ALL TYRANTS. LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC.

He was a tyrant. He may have had many great qualities but he was ultimately a tyrant

>He was a tyrant. He may have had many great qualities but he was ultimately a tyrant
> YES. DEATH TO ALL TYRANTS. LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC.

LMFAO... Spoken like a true plebeian.

youtube.com/watch?v=l7hfZLTjTSs

yea. fuck tyrants

sic sempir tyrannis

He died so that Rome could have Augustus.

Dying was the best thing that could've happened to him. It cemented all of his beliefs in the eyes of the plebs and paved the way for Augustus to fulfill his ambitions.

>ended meritocracy
>stagnated the empire
>gave all power to the nobility
>morally corrupted the army
>murdered anybody who opposed him
Augustus did many things, but he did not fulfill Julius Caesar's ambitions.

We all deserve to die for our sins. But, thank God, we have the option of salvation through Jesus Christ.

I'm glad this was the first post

Isn't this a bust of Marius?

Guys I'm interested in learning more about the Roman republic, especially the early republic, any book recommendations?

"SPQR" by Mary Beard. "Rome's Last Citizen" by Rob Goodman. "Carthage Must Be Destroyed" by Richard Miles. That's all I got.

Great thanks lad

Fuck the Senate and fuck that cuckold Antony. AUGUSTUS and Caesar not Antony and Brutus ok. Praise Romulus

I would highly suggest not to read SPQR. Also earlier republic isn`t really well documented so don`t except much. If you are interested in late republic i can suggest.

Caesar: Life of a Colossus
Augustus: First Emperor of Rome(optional)
Antony and Cleopatra(optional)
The Fall of Carthage: The Punic Wars 265-146BC

Why would you not recommend SPQR, is it not accurate?

Primary sources e.g plutarch (stop), suetonius etc.

history of rome podcast is rly good.