Question about this symbol

Forget the Nazis and everything the swastika has to do with them for a bit.

Where did this symbol originate? What is it supposed to mean? How old is it? I've been researching it a bit here and there, but haven't been able to extensively look. It spans across ancient civilizations that would sculpt, carve, and draw it into many different works of art and architecture. The earliest date I read was on Wikipedia at 15,000 years ago in Ukraine, but I want to see if anyone else has a better source. It just seems very interesting how this symbol is repeated in ancient civilizations reaching from Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and even the Americas.

Before anyone says aliens, STFU, this isn't /x/ and I want a serious discussion on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-Europeans
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_migrations
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_languages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centum_and_satem_languages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corded_Ware_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sintashta_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andronovo_culture
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Indo-Europeans from a Satem split, associated with R1a.

it looks fairly generic, i don't see why would they all share some common origin

It's just the fucking sun. Everybody loves the sun.

A Sanskrit scholar P. R. Sarkar in 1979 said that the deeper meaning of the word is ‘Permanent Victory’. He also said that as any symbol it can have positive and negative meaning depending on how it is drawn. So in Hinduism, the right-hand swastika is a symbol of the God Vishnu and the Sun, while the left-hand swastika is a symbol of Kali and Magic.

Seems about right.

>Satem split, associated with R1a.
Elaborate please.

Forgot this bit:

The word ‘swastika’ is a Sanskrit word (‘svasktika’) meaning ‘It is’, ‘Well Being’, ‘Good Existence, and ‘Good Luck’.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-Europeans
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_migrations
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_languages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centum_and_satem_languages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corded_Ware_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sintashta_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andronovo_culture

>Encouraging linguists.

yikes

I'm not arguing for a common origin, but I just think it would be a major coincidence that this symbol would exist across civilization lines, especially as meaning one thing like the Sun. it is generic, but is it generic enough that many different people would have the same idea for the same symbol?

Now this is very interesting. I wonder what the "permanent victory" part meant, like in a military sense or in an eternal peace and prosperity sense?

Come on, I don't have time to read through all of this and even if I did, how certain would I be that I'm drawing the same conclusions as you are trying to sway me to without some kind of written elaboration from you?

Is that a bad thing?

>Is that a bad thing?

Not really, everyone enjoys a cunning linguist.

It was a symbol that a bunch of Proto indo European (aryan) tribes put on their pottery and clothes. The PIE peoples migrated to different parts of the world from the caucus and stimulated societies by introducing the patriarchal family system and domestication of horses (I think the wheel too but I can't remember). They generally became the ruling class so the symbols stayed. I think it originally meant sun, but the meaning started to decay as the pie assimilated into the societies they entered

>everyone enjoys cunnilingus

>Proto indo European (aryan)
idiot

>"permanent victory"

I don't know.

I can tell you what Hitler thought it meant though.

nice

>tfw my dad put an imprint of a lauburu (Basque swastika) in his driveway cement

I mean I have Basque pride too, but this is Ohio. Pretty surprised some antifa people haven't tried to mess with him.

>israel and ethiopia uses it the other way
lel

What are some other symbols spread by this civilization? I'm very hesitant to accept anything with the word "Aryan" in it as having truth on this site, I'm sure you'd understand why.

Would anyone be able to tell me what an "Aryan" was supposed to be before Hitler and pals started using the term?

I doubt many, if any, of them are informed of the swastika's history along with the different forms it takes across civilization and be able to draw a conclusion from pic related.

What was the meaning of the swastika in Germany before, you know...

Lol, yeah, lets ask on Veeky Forums, Hitler surely didn't know shit

1. IT IS THE SYMBOL OF ARIANISM

2. THE NAZIS DID NOT "USE" THE SYMBOL. IDIOT

3. THE SYMBOL ORIGINATED IN UR, IT REPRESENTS THE SPIDER.

If you could point me to a better place that isn't Reddit, then please tell me. I frequent this board and have found that while /b/ and /pol/ leak into it, there are still good and knowledgeable conversations here. Idiots and trolls like are easy to spot and disregard.

>I doubt many, if any, of them are informed of history

ftfy

It's a fairly simply pattern. It's entirely possible for it to emerge independently across different cultures.

False, it's just the sun """movement""" during the day

This symbol was present among Dravidians IVC and Cucuteni PRE IE