From the Father through the Son is the same as from the Father and the Son as one basis of existence

>from the Father through the Son is the same as from the Father and the Son as one basis of existence

No. Not anymore than the Son being begotten of the Father and coming to us by conception of the Spirit means the Spirit and Father are one basis of the Son's existence

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qi29ezmfoX8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Criticized for replacing the pope with the bible.....

Still pondering how that could be construed as anything but a good move.

Because the Bible is not intended as a substitute for the Spirit of Truth, and produces a relativist cacophony of countless sects without him. Since the Pope is a substitute for the Spirit of Truth, replacing him with another substitute doesn't actually fix the problem of not having the Spirit of Truth

>Since the Pope is a substitute for the Spirit of Truth

Yes, I suppose if your a lost soul, bereft of the Holy Spirit by choice, a child molester is your next best option.

You should not pretend to be a Christian.

Father, Son and Holy Spirit are co-equal, and co-eternal. They did not "come from" each other.

Your church allows cross-dressing nuns?

kek

I never said the Pope is a better option

The Bible says the Spirit proceeds from (literally "comes from" in Greek)Greek the Father

Male and female monks dress pretty much the same yeah

How inane.

The Father sent the Son; the Son returned and the Father sent the Spirit.

Do you understand there is only one God, and neither the Father, Son or Spirit is a created being?

So you replaced the pope with......a council of men who are not the pope.

Yes, wonderful lateral move.

Why is it again that YOU cannot receive the Holy Spirit for YOURSELF?

Yes. The Father being the basis of the Spirit's existence doesn't mean he created him, just that he predicates him. He also predicates the Son (begets him)

We don't consider councils of bishops infallible by any means (unless inspired which the Spirit will express ), and I can receive the Spirit

Jesus is eternal.

Co-eternal with the Father and Spirit.

Stop pretending to know what you're talking about, because you have the knowledge of a brute beast.

Jude 1:10 But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.

Jesus is not the son of God

>and I can receive the Spirit

Thank you for admitting that you are not a Christian.

Now stop pretending to be a Christian.

Matthew 3:17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

Matthew 17:5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!”

Mark 1:11 Then a voice came from heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

>We don't consider councils of bishops infallible by any means (unless inspired which the Spirit will express )

Same as your lost pagan brothers with their unfalsifiable "infallibility of the pope".

Cyril of Alexandria
"Since the Holy Spirit when he is in us effects our being conformed to God, and he actually proceeds from the Father and Son, it is abundantly clear that he is of the divine essence, in it in essence and proceeding from it" (Treasury of the Holy Trinity, thesis 34 [A.D. 424]).

>"Muh augustine and ambrose alone caused the Filioque through the son and the son isn't the same meaning."

>muh made up controversies

I know he is. Eternally begotten of Father

You reject Christ's promise to his Church fulfilled at Pentecost?

Feel free to post the original text, without the interpolation that only exists in Latin texts

You excommunicated us for not having the Filioque in the Creed, that's not made up

>I know he is. Eternally begotten of Father

No, begotten in 6 BC.....do you know what begotten means? Or eternal? Or triune?

>You reject Christ's promise to his Church fulfilled at Pentecost?

No, I have accepted the Holy Spirit of God. Here's a fun verse for you, because I have no idea what you are going to make of it (this is 10 days before Pentecost):

John 20:22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

So by whom did the Holy Spirit come again, and why are you trying SO HARD to make the Father and Son separate beings?

By you saying you CAN accept the Spirit of God, you prove with your own words that you have NOT accepted the Spirit of God.

And hence are NOT a Christian.

I'm not part of either pagan group.

>No, begotten in 6 BC
No, that's when the Spirit conceived him

It means born.

Not conceived.

Monad > Trinity

father son holy spirit
3 in one
3 bodies
holy trinity
mind body spirit
just gotta believe and make the most out of it and take 2 out of 3 or 1 out of 3 if ur good and chase ur dreamsand work hard and be kind and love urself and ur life.... DO THE BEST U CAN with what u have where u are

Trinity = One God.

John 1 says that the Word (Jesus) was with God and was God…..and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
In John 10:30 Jesus said that He and the Father are one.
In John 14:9 He said that anyone who has seen Him has seen the Father.
In Colossians 1:15 Paul wrote that Jesus is the (visible) image of the invisible God.
In Hebrews 1:3 Jesus is called the exact representation of God’s glory
In Hebrews 1:8 God Himself called Jesus God.
God’s Spirit is presumed to be one and the same with God just as your spirit is presumed to be one and the same with you. So if God and Jesus are one and the same, and God and His Spirit are one and the Same, then the three are one.

There is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5-6). Yet there are three persons presented as deity in Scripture: the Father (John 6:27; Colossians 1:3), the Son (John 1:1-3, 14; 8:24; 20:28-29; Romans 9:5; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1; Hebrews 1:10-12) and the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Samuel 23:2-3; 2 Corinthians 3:18). Lastly, these three are presented as distinct persons (John 8:16-18; Luke 11:1; 3:21-22; Galatians 4:6). Thus from Scripture we learn that although there is one God, there are three distinct persons who are deity. So the Trinity is the biblical position to hold to once one examines what Scripture teaches.

The Son is born temporally of Mary, but eternally from the Father

The Father did not create the Son.

It's like you don't know there's only one God.

The Son is begotten of the Father eternally but not created. The Son always existed and created all created things.

I know there is only one God, the Father and Son are one in activity BUT distinct in hypostasis

Is this whole thread just a sect war? I can't even tell which one of you shits is RCC, Orthodox, or protestant.

Orthodox are always instigators

Just like Galileo :^)

?

>Galileo
?

The trinity was made up after gentiles appropriated christianity

>Because the Bible is not intended as a substitute for the Spirit of Truth, and produces a relativist cacophony of countless sects without him. Since the Pope is a substitute for the Spirit of Truth

Don't you think the Spirit of Truth has to do with the truth?

It's a spirit?

So it's still alive right? An eternal spirit present on Earth?

youtube.com/watch?v=Qi29ezmfoX8

You know, the heretic?

I am very confused

It's about the Filioque

?

if they wanted Jesus to be co-equal with the Father why use the Father/Son analogy which directly implies lineage?

No. A soon as you introduce subordinationism into the Trinity, you destroy the Trinity and you also violate the simplicity of God. All human descriptions of the triunity of God are analogical and ectypal, but the Eastern Orthodox are in very real danger of heresy, anti-monotheism, and anti-trinitarianism. Greek philosophy is helpful, but does not supercede Scripture in theological and doxological orthodoxy or orthopraxy. The Eastern Church forgets this in their insistence upon Greek philosophy, not in aid to, but in lieu of, Christian Orthodoxy.

not accepting Arianism was a mistake

John 1:51 He then added, "Very truly I tell you, you will see 'heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on' the Son of Man."

John 15:1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.