How were the British this fucking stupid

>Minor guerrilla uprising starts in one of your colonies
>Put mental patients and criminals in uniform
>Send them to go and kill the civilians of that country any time the guerrillas attack
>For some reason the guerrillas keep growing in numbers the more innocent people you kill
>What the fuck? Torture them too now, I guess
>Basically the entire colony is your enemy now
>How'd that happen
Did they not care if Ireland got it's independence and just wanted an excuse to kill some Irish people one last time? Or were they genuinely braindead?

Why would anybody care about Ireland?

It was all just a bit of craic that went wrong I'd say

haha

THEY WERE NOT STUPID; THEY WERE PSYCHOPATHIC; PSYCHOPATHS ARE CLEVER, BUT THEY ARE ESSENTIALLY IRRATIONAL, BEING COMPELLED BY THEIR PATHOLOGICAL URGES; COLONIALISM IS A FORM OF INSTITUTIONALIZED PSYCHOPATHY ON A MASSIVE SCALE.

>MUH

Tactics like that worked for hundreds of years before hand. They were stuck in a global transition period where you couldn't just genocide an entire town so they tried light genocide which only serves to make the problem bigger.

When suppressing people you need to be absolutely brutal or absolutely kind, anything in between just makes people hate you more.

Irish owe the B&T's a great thanks,its pretty heroic risking your life to kill or capture hundreds of IRA terrorists, saving the lives of thousands of Irish Unionists and giving justice to the IRA's victims.

>Irish
>people
Pick one OP

You know, Melanin Warrior was a much better tripfag than you. I miss him.

Yeah but the Unionists weren't the same as me ideologically, so fuck 'em.

Is that a movie? Name please.

The British could not handle how aesthetic the Irish were

>mental patients and criminals

COME OUT YE BLACK AND TANS

Nobody even cared about the easter rising until they were shot.
in fact many irish were against it. but they felt sorry for them when they were sentenced to death.
Michael collins.

Cute

thanks

COME OUT AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN

British history is full of stupid decisions.

SHOW YOUR WIVES HOW YOU WON MEDALS DOWN IN FLANDERS

> Shoe buckles
Looks like utter shit.

Try this.

And more correct ones.

Just imagine if the Brits did more to prevent famine and poverty in Ireland, with a much smaller and more irrelevant diaspora there would be way fewer plastic paddies in the world today.

>wearing a mop on your hat

>agree to partition Ireland to stop the Loyalists in Ulster from causing more armed violence
>Loyalists in Ulster cause more armed violence
>Use a maximum security escape proof prison to imprison suspected IRA members
>Forget to make it escape proof
>Push the Good Friday Agreement which should bring an end to future conflict in Ulster between Loyalists and Nationalists, by allowing Irish to help the Loyalists form a representative government
>Ex-IRA men put in charge of the political wing of many republicans, they turn out to be excellent statesmen
>Loyalists try to kill them

I love the fact that to England NI Loyalists are just that bumbling autistic cousin who they have to keep cleaning up after and wish they'd aborted at birth.

>make the police force hilariously biased
>act surprised and appalled when the Catholics don't trust them

Rhinestones and gilt to show off to Chinese tourists whilst the rest of the country is failing down around your ears.

Britain trying to be great is just pathetic these days.