Were the Trojans a different people from the Greeks?

Were the Trojans a different people from the Greeks?

Did they look different?

All illustrations paint them as looking almost identical to the Greeks, but modern Turks are a lot more swarthy.

Come to think of it I'm not even sure if the Trojans spoke the same language.

ILIOTES WERE RACIALLY ARYANID, CULTURALLY ARYAN —UNTIL THEY WERE CONQUERED BY TURANIANS FROM THE EAST—, AND SPOKE "LUWIAN".

AKHAIANS WERE RACIALLY CROMAGNONEADERTHALID (PELASGIANS/MARITIME TURANIANS), CULTURALLY TURANIAN, AND SPOKE "MYKENAIAN".

>turks
>trojans

So you're saying that Trojans looked like modern Iranians then?

?

LEARN TO READ.

modern Iranians are mixed with Arabs, Trojans weren't

Apparently when the Turks defeated Greece in the 1920's war Atatürk said "Hector we have avenged you"

Yes

lmao, the fucking turk larping and wewuzing. mutts with no identity.

Holy fuck, that is a WE WUZ I've never heard of before.

t. /pol/

WHY DO YOU ILLITERATE IDIOTS EVEN COME TO THIS BOARD?

shut up gypsy vampire

>tripfag

Thank god for filters.

>ILLITERATE IDIOTS
Said the same guy who worships Hitler and uses 19th century racial nomenclature.

It makes sense. Turks have more in common with ancient Anatolians than with the steppe peoples

trojans were steppe people

t. Retard

Why do all Meds look the same?

Mehmed the Conqueror also said something along that line after taking Constantinople.

Last time I checked Iran was not around the Med.

Turkey is pretty diverse though.
Western turks look more like greeks.

The only written document found there is a written Luwian seal, Luwian is a language that was spoken in many city states from South and West Anatolian which belonged to Anatolian branch of the Indoeuropean language family

>Were the Trojans a different people from the Greeks?
Yes, this is a major plot point in assembling the armies that fought at Troy.
>Did they look different?
Probably.
>All illustrations paint them as looking almost identical to the Greeks, but modern Turks are a lot more swarthy.
Pure conjecture.
>Come to think of it I'm not even sure if the Trojans spoke the same language.
As a trading hub, it's likely that the city's elite spoke some Greek.

We western turks are basically a mix of anatolians and our turkic ancestors anyway.
Wherever turkic people settled they mixed the locals.

How is it a plot point?

The allies of the Trojans spoke a variety of languages, making communication between them difficult at times.

How is this proof They were Greeks?

Modern Greeks have Slavic origins which makes them paler but doesn't really help out them economically

We have no idea.

Later Greeks sometimes paint them as being "Easterners", but just how different the inhabitants of the Anatolian coast were to the Mycenaean Greeks back in the bronze age simply isn't known.

I'm going to assume that English isn't your first language.

Turboretard spotted. Avoid posting again. They were pretty much the same thing per Lazaridis 2017. Aryan invasion only brought about 5% new genes into Greece.

It isn't, so?

You are an idiot, we have no idea What They spoke, They could have spoken Luwian, Greek or some other obscure language

Trojans were black.

I explicitly stated that "Yes, the Trojans were a different people to the Greeks."

Greeks actually dont have slavic origins.. Only some parts of the northen macedonia (the greek region) have slavic dna

a correction: i mean that they have greek dna but with some slavic dna to it.

They were probably close enough to Mycenean Greeks,cuz muh neighbors after all,but yes id assume that they were a different group of people

Trojans = Anatolians
Turks = Anatolians
Turks = Trojans

Indians = Americans
British, Germans, Irish = Americans
Americans = Indians

It would be of no surprise to me. Mehmed II was able to speak native levels of Greek and Latin, and to my knowledge was good friends with Patriarch Gennadios II.

You got a problem with it?

Tell me more about your Somalia shaped potato chip Ray

Um... Go look at pictures of Romans if you want to know what Trojans looked like.