Why is communism so strictly anti-religious

Why is communism so strictly anti-religious

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Soviet_Union#Policy_towards_Judaism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Falun_Gong
youtube.com/watch?v=mVh75ylAUXY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My understanding is that most religions follow the "just be cool. bad people will be punished in the afterlife" mindset. This passive view is harmful to Communist revolutions because workers won't violently revolt and seize power if they are under the impression that enemies will be punished after a natural death.

Because Western Civilisation was founded by homos and was WE WUZ'd by the Dune trio, predominantly by the Christfags, to serve the (((money-makers))) who outlawed homo-ing. Communism is a continuation of civilization as a progression from the civilisation the Greeks established (yes slavery->no slavery including wage-based). Communism is also ok with homos so obvious ancestry with the Greek tradition, both in opposition to contemporary Anglo-centric neoliberalism who draw from the money-grubbing Judeo-Christian lineage.

Do you mind if i save this senpai?

sAVE it, its all yous My fried ;>)

All religions are anti-(every religion but this one), Marxism is no different.

Traps are gay. Someone give me that Chick tract.

I agree with plato. Its totally not gay

Communists don't want to share power with anybody. Certainly they don't want to share power with priests.

Communists want the people to only have a relationship with the State.

They seek toe destroy the family unit and religion. So that all that is left is the State. Once there is nothing but the Communist State in lives of the people. The people will not revolt.

you can google these things you know

All religions were banned in the USSR. They hated Jews as well. My small town in the midwest has a few families of Russian Jews that fled during the 60s and 70s.

>All religions were banned in the USSR
Objectively false

>hurr durr reality doesn't line up with my /pol/ revisionist history conspiracy theory!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Soviet_Union#Policy_towards_Judaism

It's a rival competitor, they were deathly afraid of a Dostoyevsky-esque religious peasant movement

Did I say shit about the Jews?
Religion was not banned at any point during Soviet history.

Because Marxism is purely materialist. There is no spirit and mind only exist because of the body.

Also jesus was a shit.

I guess that depends on what you want to call "banned." Some religion was tolerated, but any attempt to publicly promote religion or form religious communities was often meant with resistance or even violence from the state.

If by resistance you mean "You gotta do it by yourselves, we ain't supporting you lot" then yes.

>gr*Eks
>doing anything of note

I love how buttflustered Eurangutans get about being cucked by their jewish superiors

During and after war, many religious leaders who were thought to be devoted to foreign peoples or ideal, aka the Pope, etc. were sent to gulag.

During the 60s and 70s there was a huge purge of religion. Most clergy of all religions were told to close their churches or be put in jail.

While there was no official law of the land that it was banned, it was banned.

Communism is stateless though...

because communism is a competing religion. It was even founded by a Jew.

their promise of a perfect utopical future with no classes is a religious-spiritual belief, no a rational scientific evidence based one, and so is their belief in the equality of all men.
most leftists believe in evolution applied to animals, but thinking that humans may be different for biological reasons makes them uncomfortable, they think that would hurt human dignity.

>Strictly
>Meanwhile, in PRC China.
"Don't mind me, just rebuilding ancestral temples and offering sacrifices to hallowed deified ancestral figures over here."

Do you remember the good old days comrade? when proles lynched those westernized nerds and hunted sparrows for Mao?

based Diogenes

My point was China is a communist country (yeah yeah, I know, state capitalism whoopdeedoo) that today actively promotes religious groups.

So long as they don't breach the peace that is.

>state capitalism whoopdeedoo
this but unironically

Don't beat those organs very much comrades.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Falun_Gong

Because it requires complete submission to the state.

I don't know, but any society that got rid of religion went into the crapper pretty fast. It might be okay for 120+ IQs, but remember half the people have an IQ below 100.

Communism itself is a religion and like all religions is against the other ones.

it's all about the state being something monstrously present in the life of every citizen by its very definition, so naturally, something that appeals to the soul of the people is its enemy

Same reason super-religious people hate "witchcraft", or ancap autists hate government, or fascists hate Jews. It's a type of power - real or imagined - that threatens their proposed societal structure's sovereignty. Also a useful scapegoat for anything bad, which they can promise will be remedied when the bogeyman goes away.

Because communism is a religion.

I recommend you view this handy (and short) film on the subject of communism

youtube.com/watch?v=mVh75ylAUXY

>They seek toe destroy the family unit

>Luke 14:26
>If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

When Marx wrote "religion is the opiate of the masses", he meant that it was a byproduct of the lower classes' desire for self-fulfillment in a society biased against them. Ergo, if that system vanished, religion would be useless and wither away.
Of course, the Marxist-Leninists thought it meant that the vanguard parties must also destroy religion in order to enlighten the masses. It didn't help that the Orthodox Church was very closely tied to the Russian Tsardom. Since most other communist parties followed the USSR's model, they naturally copied their enforced atheism too.

Look at Pugoslavia and the USSR. Every time after western backed religious freedom you end up having Islamists, fundamentalists, blood feuds, sectarianism, ethnic nationalism, heroin, Jews, and stormtards. But that secular "godlessness" sure is bad though.

The West is actually less religious after centuries of religious freedom and observance while Russia after the Soviet collapse had an increase in cults.

Because Communism is bourgeois.

Because it sought to destroy culture and anything that would prevent a world wide Communist state. Also, the state can't be God if God is God.

Orthodox clergy were also probably more hindered in their ability to drive Mercedes and wear Rolexes and Pastor Fundy probably had less room to spew his crony drivel.

Allegedly

B-but muh dangerous subversive cult..

The government can't risk having a power like, say, the Catholic Church influencing its citizens to do or think anything different from what they tell them to. I'd say.

More like another annoying bullshit sect worthy of being repressed for the sake of everyone else's patience.

>annoying bullshit sect worthy of being repressed for the sake of everyone else's patience.

Just like christianism :^)

>WAH MOM I DONT WANT TO GO TO CHURCH I HAVE TO PLAY WOW

Sure their are plenty of such Christianist sects. Also happened to many eastern religions as well such as Wahhabism.

It used to be the foundation of premodern European societies and force that pacified common folk. It also didn't alowed any competing ideology to enter public space.

Because it was founded in a era defined by the dissolution of the church as a power in society, and associated it with the old power structures it wanted to destroy-- which is completely reasonable, as the church resisted every revolution prior, most notably the French Revolution.

because they are on the dark side