Where can I find reliable information on Romani History, myths, and culture?

Where can I find reliable information on Romani History, myths, and culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q6wSLfGBVGY
iromaniunion.org/index.php/en/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Romani_people
google.ru/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/film/2011/feb/17/charlie-chaplin-gypsy-heritage
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0DO0XyS8Ko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

from northwest india/pakistan/afghanistan area. everyone gets tired of their shit and expells them thousands of years ago. They migrated through the turkic lands of the Eurasian steppes. settling in eastern europe. where they remained isolated and nomadic sub culture groups in europe. where the europeans grew to not like their shit.

>Where can I find reliable information on Romani History, myths, and culture?
I will be your source

I lived next to a gypsy village for 3 weeks when I was on a business assignment in Romania
A gypsy tribe also settled for 2 weeks in the local park of my village a few years back.

I will tell you this about them: all the nasty and horrible things eastern Europeans and balkan people tell you about them are true. I have grown a deep hatred for the gypsies and truly consider their culture and habits disgusting.

I too form my opinion about millions of people based on personal observations. I begin to hate entire ethnic groups after having bad experiences with several of its representatives.

Yuropoors need to be racist, it's in their blood. They can't be racist against anything else these days, not Somallis or Arabs or Turks, so the only outlet left is gyppos. Don't bother trying to inject logic into them, they'll just go muh shugga and chimp out on you.

Gypsy way of life is fucking horrible. However, not every Romani is a gypsy, just like not every black person is a nigger.

Go to a library or a good academic source.

> just like not every black person is a nigger.

No the nigger/black dichtonomy pretty much is every black is a nigger. Everyone who says what you said completely are ignorant about the usage and history of the word and how synonymous it is with black folk.

Europeans have slaughtered, tortured, enslaved and disenfranchised each other for centuries. However, the common unifying theme amongst Europeans is their ever-burning hatred for gypsies. Every European, be it French, English, German, Hungarian, Swedish, Polish, Italian etc., all of them hate gypsies with all their might, even the all-accepting and ever-tolerating modern social democrats. The ethbic group in question just manages to be so shitty, criminal and unadapted to modern life that even hyper-accepting identity politicians loathe them.

>he doesn't seem to understand that 90% of gypsies will provide bad experiences

I think it's telling when even jews, that are legendary for their ability to get genocided in Europe, found their place in some parts of Eastern Europe.

>found their place in some parts of Eastern Europe.

In most of EE they were in ghettos, often pogrommed and poor as fuck on top of heavy discrimination.

t. straight from the American suburbs

I too disregard very real first hand accounts of said racial group because Times published a crying gypsy child on its cover.

Had a gipsy girl in my class during elementary school. She didn't come on the last day to do finishing tests because it was her fucking wedding. She shat a baby out at the age of 15.

Imagine thinking that if people refuse to make crude generalizations about millions of people based on first-hand accounts it must be because of some magazine cover.

Fantastic argument, I made me realize how terrible gypsies are.

*you made me realize

Enjoy being mugged, raped, conned, stolen from or any comination of these due to your blue-eyed idealism then.

>it is yet another thread where an american who has never seen a gypsy outside of a disney film defends them

Wow, after you said that horrible things will happen to me because of my views, I suddenly realized how wrong I was! Thank you, my friend, I'm no longer an idealist. Now I want to kill all Romani people.

I too make baseless assumptions about people on the internet.

Gypsies are the fucking scum of the earth and you will find no good traits in them whatsoever. Their entire culture is adapted specifically to be asshole scavengers and tribals that move through civillized Europe and fuck it up at every opportunity.

A few weeks ago some gypsies stole the copper details of tombstones in the local cemetary. And that's jsut a small example. They live in filth and produce nothing but filth and even Iraqi & Somali refugees refer to them as subhuman trash

t. yrone

youtube.com/watch?v=Q6wSLfGBVGY

Ask them
iromaniunion.org/index.php/en/

This is unironically the only good post ITT

t. Ameritard

If I met a person who had those sentiments they are really no better then just a plain old racist (but unlike said racist is too much of a dullard to own up to it).

Soooookeerdeeee!!!
Latsas? Latsas?

Ackshually, I'm a Russian and I have met plenty of gypsies.

Spizdivai mudilo

>ignoring that even the soviets couldn't get them to read a fucking book or stay in school

Reminder that gypsies are so disgusting that both /leftypol/ and /pol/ agree that they're garbage

How does /leftypol/ explain the shittiness of gypsies, do they just call them lumpenproletarians?

there are hardly any sources at all, try east european antropologists and etnographers, dont ask gypsyes, they dont know and make shit up all the time

anyone who ever met any of them will agree

the way you can tell someone has never seen or smelled a gypsy in his or hers entire life is that they defend them

no one who knows gypsyes would ever in any way defend them

personaly all the shit they do and how they live dosent bother me, i literaly dont care if they marry their kids off at 13 or cut babyes arms off so theyd be better beggers or go on roadtrips to pickpocket or hoard trash or whateverthefuck, what does irk me is how fucking annoying they are, some live near me and you can hear them screaming at each other from the other end of the street, that irritating long nasal screetch, over and over again, every fucking day, they simply have no notion of 'indoor voice' they just fucking screetch at each other, id fucking pogrom them justfor that alone

I live in the Balkans and I don't hate them. A lot of them are opposed to assimilation and engage in petty crime, but it's because of the shitty upbringing they grew up in.

good, now get going faggot

to be fair assimilation never works in scenarios like theirs worldwide because the system never was "Designed" for them to be a part of.

>You can't expect every member of the Gypsy race to be a Gypsy, just because they're gypsies

So what else should I base my opinions on? My experience with them has been bad and then every story I've heard of gypsies from non-gypsies has been bad as well. They steal whatever they happen to pass by if no one is watching. They've stolen my family's garden tools and killed my neighbours' chickens. Then when you confront them they lie through their teeth with a huge grin. They're very very "nice" to you but are complete sociopaths.

I don't even hate them, I just think of them as being less than human.

What are some things you believe are good about gypsies? I'm genuinely open to you trying to convince me that they're good.

late 90s early 00. I was working at a papa johns during high school and college. yes, i know, i'm old.

we had a bunch of bosians, serbs, and croats working as delivery drivers. when they weren't screwing each other over on deliveries. they were insulting each other by calling each other gypsies. not the good natured kind of insulting either. the kind where you get knives out and threaten to gut the person who called you a gypsy.

If you called me a Gypsy, I'd probably be wont to stab you. It's akin to being called the worst humanity has to offer.

no its a cultural thing, they dont see our system as something they want to be part of, they dont want to send kids to our schools, schools are places where the goverment fucks with your kids and makes them disobedient and lazy, they dont want to ''find a job'' cauze thats how the gowerment gets you to slave away and pay taxes, they rather do their own thing, even if that usualy involves living in trash and breeding like rats, they simply have a system of their own, a system that regulates all family and buisness matters and that involves getting girls pregnant at 15 and having bands of kids beg in the streets, all that and more and all of it is systematic, its not a glitch its a feature, its how they do shit, to them the problem isnt that they live that way realy, but that were making it a problem for them and asking them to assimilate, they dont get that the alternative is to eventualy get expelled, but they deal with such shit every couple generations so thats just how they roll

same place you can find a reliable romani

nowhere

>So what else should I base my opinions on?
Statistics of course! Oh wait... those are also racist.
I guess you'll have to live among them and be more tolerant, until you get murdered.

>most

Jews were pretty much respected and welcomed in 19th century Serbia, right after liberation from the Ottomans and up to the WW2. As for gipsies, depends on what band of gipsies and where. Some strive to better themselves and their groups, but it's difficult for them because very often their own groups hinder them, using peer pressure.

>late 90s Balkan diaspora

They were probably escaping the war back home and now somehow forced to work with people they were escaping from. Or, and even worse they were a second generation of immigrants that grew up on myths idealizing their group and where most probably worse than people who escaped the wars.

They werent angry for being called a gipsy, they were mad that they were stuck with having to work with people who espoused the views they hated.

Most Gypsies refuse to regular full time jobs. They live off welfare and occasional trash picking for materials.But then also many of them steal or send their children begging for things.

Also majority of them never bought any land, they just settled on it and refused to leave.

You sure showed those stupid leftists with your epic straw man

The fucking gypsies in my city act like such smug cunts its not even funny anymore, you will see a white mercedes (always white) pull up in the street and a mom with two of her brats would go and rummage through the trash/knock on peeps doors and beg.
Every time a you pass a group of them they start snickering among themselves and they always act so fucking superior to everyone even though they they wear 40 year old clothes and smell like shit.
One time in 12th grade my friend got approached by a fucking third grader who told him (translated approx) 'hey faggot gimme 10kn or else!' friend refused of course, the day after the little shit brought 6 of his older brothers ant they fucking threw him into a garbage dumpster.

Although the 0.00001% of them that actually do something with their lives are very hard workers and are nice

You don't know shit about gypsies, so you must be American. You have no idea how lucky you are.

Daily reminder that gypsies are the best ethnic group in the world.

Gypsies were featured in the renowned Disney movie, "The Hunchback of Notre Dame". Even there, they adherent exactly depicted as do-gooders
>maybe you've heard of a terrible place where the scoundrels of Paris collect in a lair

He never said
>all the nasty and horrible things
applied to all of them though.

By all means, provide statistics that prove gypsies aren't subhuman.

Is there a single gypsy anywhere in the world that actually amounted to something? Like a well-known gypsy scientist or politician or sportsman?

Yes there are.

you are a faggot and should kill yourself, at least he knows gippos to opiniate about them and you dont
I know them to, and Hitler was right in wanting to gas them

Do you believe this yourself?
> let me tell you about balkan diaspora

Gypsies are subhumans whose language is one of lying as he speaks
They could be making a speech and as they talked they would be inveting the next lie

They are robbers and beggars asking for politeness and pitty, yet they don´t work or want to work because they know we stupid fucks will work and pay taxes for them

They also have their kids in school, and do many shit that were it done by whites and blacks, they social services would red flag them, they dont discipline the kids, they marry their daughters at 12 with a 21 y.o. cousin, they do drugs while skiping school

They indulge in crime and because of political correctness cops wont do shit

The solution is doing like my hometown did, police can´t do anything, but you can target them with your friends one by one until you have beaten them all, don´t get recognized and beat the living shit of ALL while they are alone, have a propotional number of people and weapons so they will be scared to escalate, and be fast so the cops wont be able to do shit
You wont end the problem since stealing it´s in their genes, but they will calm down immenselly

The only one I know is Paco de Lucía, a famous spanish guitarrist of gypsy origin.

>Ethnic group
This shit has to stop, it's a culture. No one hates them for being black but because the shit they're doing.

>Being this delusional

Literally no one knows how they ended up in Europe and the Middle East from India, not even the Romani themselves. Their Indian origin was only found out due to later linguistic research.

We can only guess that their migration was due to some Ottoman fuckery since they went through their lands. So Turkey probably has the best sources on that but Ottoman sources are generally not researched very well.

It's amazing how you never hear anyone with a good word to say about gypos. Literally everyone who has ever had dealings with them has a bad story to tell, and no one ever has a story like 'I met some gypsies and they were kind and friendly and helped me'
My gypsy story
>work for pub company
>fun industry, free beer good times etc
>there is an unwritten rule you never allow gypsies to hire the pub for a function
>gypsies know this rule and try to circumvent it by getting non gypsies to book
>they always get found out and the booking is cancelled
>one pub gets a new manager
>straight from college, leftwing as fucked
>gypsies try to book published for wedding reception
>everyone tells her no. The company directors, the more experienced bar staff, even the cleaning lady
>new manager disagrees
>reeee this is the racism! Gypsies are just like you and me! I will report this racial discrimination
>bar managers are pretty autonomous, can't stop her unless we fire her
>eventually decide 'she needs to learn' and booking goes ahead.
>come into pub Monday morning.
>manager in tears
>Gypsies arrive on Saturday, ten times more than they said would attend
>threaten and harass staff until they have the run of the place
>steal every keg out of the cellar
>steal every bottle of wine and spirits
>every single piece of glassware has been smashed. It was like gravel underfoot.
>furniture piled up outside and burnt
>windows smasher
>fly tipping in the loading area around the back
>at...at least I wasn't a racist

Did she learn not to deal with gyppos?

So what happened to the manager?

Gypsies have mentally retarded tier IQ by the way.

IQ is a meme

First you have to prove that "subhuman" is a useful biological category that has any value as an analytical tool.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Romani_people

Are you incapable of using Google?

The most famous gypsies are probably Charlie Chaplin, Django Reinhardt and Sofia Kovalevskaya.

Wow, dude, you are so based, gypsies are a bunch of violent liars, which is why you should beat them and then lie to cops about it.

Where exactly are you getting the notion that Chaplin was a Gypsy? Are you sure he was a Gypsy and not a Traveller?

But it's true. No one gives a single fuck about someone with gypsies heritage unless they act like gypsies. A lot of children protection services makes a really good job all around the globe taking their kids while giving them a proper upbringing.

google.ru/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/film/2011/feb/17/charlie-chaplin-gypsy-heritage

I can't articulate the disgust I feel towards you at this moment, but I swear to you, that it is piercing

Well no wonder you like them then, you're probably too drunk to notice when they steal your shit

He has no shit to steal

>No one gives a single fuck about someone with gypsies heritage unless they act like gypsies
Yeah.
Had some guy in college who was a gypsy, pretty smart and didnt cause shit, and refused to apply for the minority quota thing because he said he was just as capable as anyone else at getting into college, thank you very much.
Actually felt sorry for the guy when someone was racist against him.

Woman i buy my jeans from is also cool and a hardworker, and everyone loves her.

I meet one gispsy like that, and another 200, including one who stole my grandma collar and some that beat up my brothers in front of police, defend because they were minoraties from retaliation, that were the opposite

Ricardo Quaresma won the european cup with Portugal last year

Well I am from Balkans and I did see a lot of Balkan diaspora

Met a gypsy girl in school when I was younger. We hung out a lot and ended up "dating." she was a really sweet girl but her brothers were dicks they'd always steal stuff or fuck with me somehow. She said they were joking and would give me back the stuff they stole. Anyway we stopped hanging out and she got pregnant at like 16.

No there's a lot of shit people give gypsies people for and denying it is just fucking hilarious considering how much anecdotes and papers there is on this shit. PEoepl just hate Gypsies

Gypsies are a people though with culture.

>Where can I find a history of the Roma people that isn't biased against the lazy thieving bastards?
the thread

>Romani
You mean Gypsies?
They have none of those.

Can anyone confirm if this is Gypsy music or just normal Romanian music?
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0DO0XyS8Ko

You couldn't name one. Nice bait.

Reminder: Gypsies are human locusts.

solid method

>gypsies
>human

pick one

Yeah, what about the 10% who aren't awful? (

Are you here from Reddit or twitter?

Move to Haiti.