In 2013 The Finnish Defence Forces released more than 160...

>In 2013 The Finnish Defence Forces released more than 160.000 war time photos from 1939 to 1945 to the public on internet. The photos cover the Winter War, the Continuation War and the Lapland War both at the front and at homes. All branches of the FDF are covered. It took 3½ years to digitize the negatives.
sa-kuva.fi/neo?tem=webneoeng
Let's dive in and see what we can find.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>A large group of Russian soldiers in the border area in 1939 are moving down a road when they hear a voice call from behind a small hill...

>"One Finnish soldier is better than ten Russian".

>The Russian commander quickly orders 10 of his best men over the hill where Upon a gun-battle breaks out and continues for a few minutes, then silence.

>The voice once again calls out: "One Finn is better than one hundred Russian." Furious, the Russian commander sends his next best 100 troops over the hill and instantly a huge gun fight commences. After 10 minutes of battle, again Silence.

>The calm Finnish voice calls out again: "One Finn is better than one thousand Russians.

>The enraged Russian commander musters 1000 fighters and sends them to the other side of the hill. Rifle fire, machine guns, grenades, rockets and cannon fire ring out as a terrible battle is fought...Then silence.

>Eventually one badly wounded Russian fighter crawls back over the hill and with his dying words tells his commander, "Don't send any more men...it's a trap. There's two of them."

where can i find a collection of all these photos? i love war pictures taken 1910-1980

Did you not read the OP?

These are really, really good, OP.

And that story gave me a good kek. Mad support and respect for the Finnish in all their battles, always have had it, always will.

God, Finland looks so depressing.

The Finns had more balls and more masculinity compared to the limp wristed diaper wearing effeminate liberals. Yep it's me again, just a reminder that millennials are subhuman

If you are at least pushing 40 what the fuck are you still doing on Veeky Forums?

Nice thread, OP. Contributing this from the Lapland war.

how about you answer this though, why are millennials subhuman?

daily reminder that russians that the bolsheviks killed were actually bros with the Finnish peoples. Many white officers actually found refuge in Finland from the commie persecutions.

Nice question dodging, geezer.

Top stuff, op.

Bet he thinks really highly of himself while posing with a tiny bear cub.

>Russian prisoner of war
>finnish uniform
Wow, Fingols are so butthurt about loosing both wars to soviets that they are doing this

butthurt russian detected

butthurt Fingol that can't admit the truth detected

>Implying he's not a 100% pure Finngolian

Still are

Will the fins ever shut the fuck up about the insignificant winter war? Ever?

It was extremely significant since the poor performance led to military reforms in Russia which made it possible for them to resist the German invasion a few years later.

"no"

>insignificant
Oh look, humanities showed up.

This is an interesting one.

>Tfw you have to entertain this autistic Austrian cunt or else he will stop sending you tanks and equipment

>Don't send any more men...it's a trap. There's two of them

This is some Whacky Racing shit.

Bumping for glorious Finnish victory.

stop this cringe-worthy overly idealistic nationalism bullshit please, and just post the pictures

t. another Finn

It's a joke autismo, you could replace the country names with anything and it'd still work. Really is amazing how autistic and humorless you Finns are.

>Daniel Craig with the leather coat on the right

Whats even more interesting is that their meeting lead to the only known recording of Hitler that isnt scripted/intended to be heard

>TFW its basically him going 'holy shit, the russians have a lot of tanks'

t. Håkan Horasson från Ahvenanmaa

Bumping for reasons unknown

Behold, the destroyer of a much larger and populous military

Not even surprised

What's the deal with the snow? To preserve rations?

Snow in sledges? Most likely they have not bothered emptying them after coming through forest/deeper snow.

The cold air alone is better for food preserving than snow.

Do you have that picture without the text?

reverse search

Död

I have a few neat ones saved. Here's an example of the most tacticool weapon you could find on the Eastern Front in 1941: a captured Soviet AVS-36 automatic rifle with a PE telescope.

ser skönt ut

A rare sketch of the White Death in action.

Finland lost the winter war, you can meme popular history bullshit all you want

not only that they also became a turnout in ww2, shows you how much their anuses was clenched

Great find OP, thanks

>taking pride in a war when your country lost a significant bit of territory

the absolute madman!

Are you serious? The difference in resources available is was almost uncomparable

>taking pride in a war that you lost and made your enemy realize that he is using wrong strategy, tactics and military theories which made him win next war against you and your Kraut friend you backstabbed when Stalin ordered you to.

Finland won the actual war itself, but lost the political side of war.

I am not Finnish

Actually, Ryti backstabbed Krauts way before Stalin made Finland drive Krauts out of Lapland.

it did not, it was pushed back and lost about 1/3 of its fighting force, which is way higher than the avarage

if you muppets could understand raw numbers doesnt tell anything, thatd be great

getting your defense line penetrated and crying for peace isnt military victory

Ryti is the most underrate finnish president of all time. He played both hitler and stalin at the same time and came out of it with finlands independence secured and a short jailsentence for himself.

"military victory but political defeat" would be something like capturing Leningrad, but being forced to sign white peace"give Karelia to SU, which couldnt happen.

BBBZZBZZZZZZRRMMM BZM BZM RRRRRRR BRRRRRRMMMMMMMM

EEEEEEEE

If anything its the other way around
By the time the cease fire came around, Finland was pretty much finished.
However the war was a massive political embarasment for Stalin.
Finland also managed to remain a democratic country while the other countries near the USSR fell to communism, so in that way it was definitely a political victory

what tank is that? it has Panzer I chassis, but it doesnt look like one, not even Panzerjager I, gun looks like 20mm canon, is it some custom conversion made in Finland?

I have no idea, I just like the picture.

I found it, its called SdKfz 265 Panzerbefehlswagen and its command tank, 190 of them were built.

Cool.

BRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMM

kek

fug saved the thumbnail

keep going op, the sovki butthurt itt is delicious.

this picture is pretty neat, reds had some aesthetic flags

looks like a bro

Is this real?

winter warrior gets a nugget for christmas

Is he Serbian in disguise? He's looks like a friends dad doppelganger

He did not use a scope, no.

Has anyone found the frozen horses of Ladoga described in Kaputt?

During World War II some 70,000 Finnish children (Finnish: sotalapset, the 'war children') were evacuated from Finland

Spooky.

youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I

There, there. Don't worry, it's all someone else's fault.

bump

Treasonus scum.

>finnish american
Into the trash it goes

It's a shame that they didn't and are not planning to digitize the Independence war era (including the Viena and Aunus expeditions) negatives.

Anyone having read major works about the Winter and Continuation war are familiar with large amount of these photos already, especially with the Winter war photos.

Any way of seeing the pictures anywhere?