Gothic Armor or Milanese Armor?

Which is superior, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ciPu4DnKBuM
youtu.be/Jxh2vU72Irs
google.co.uk/amp/s/www.pinterest.com/amp/pin/182255116142247121/
larp-fashion.co.uk/larp/black-raven-armoury/leather-armour-diy-kits/10331/larp-body-leather-armour-vendel-diy-kit?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxt30y-iJ1gIVS7HtCh1kPAZ9EAQYASABEgLvx_D_BwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gothic because it looks lighter and a little bit more advanced.

Aesthetics Wise: I love the Gothic Armor Design, but the Italian Helmets are Very Pleasing.

youtube.com/watch?v=ciPu4DnKBuM

The Milanese helmet looks cooler but gotta agree, the gothic armour looks less clunky, and more well-fitted.
Also, just look at the milanese's boots compared to the gothic's

just face it, you love the Big Black Gothic helmet you whore

Lol Nah dude, I Would Wear the Gothic Armour and Swap the Helmets!

>Thistles
>Celtic knots
That's a bit on the nose isn't it

that's what they all say, when you go big black armor you never go back

Milanese are "mass" produced exports while Gothic armours are tailored. practically they both do the job well but Milanese armour might be a bit clunky while the gothic is tightly formed.

Gothic armour has ridges that strengthen the surface of the armour as well as articulate as sabatons and hand armour. It's also more flexible near the shoulders.

If you guys like some more input, there's this awesome youtuber that brings up some good points about this debate.

youtu.be/Jxh2vU72Irs

Milanese is more aesthetically pleasing to me.

Gothic, hands down, more sophisticated in every respect of its function and ergonomics.

he teaches language right? yet I heard him say "undistinguishable"

Greenwich armor

>Can't see shit

GOTHIC STYLE ARMOUR IS EVIDENTLY BETTER THAN ITALIAN STYLE ARMOUR, BOTH AESTHETICALLY, AND TECHNICALLY.

GOTHIC STYLE ARMOUR IS AKIN TO SUPER SKINNY STRETCH WAXED JEANS.

ITALIAN STYLE ARMOUR IS AKIN TO RAW DENIM STRAIGHT CUT JEANS.

>a little bit more advanced
That shouldn't come as a surprise because this type of Milanese armour is an earlier design. The German contemporary of this sort of armour was not Gothic but Kastenbrust armour.

Didn't anyone else make distinct types of armor besides the germans and italians?

And? It's a perfectly cromulent word.

Tobias Capwell formulated the thesis that there was a type of English armour which he based on effigies that clearly showed certain patterns that were unusual or unique in comparison with continental pieces. No suit of that kind survived though, just a bunch of select armour pieces.
However, armour was mostly made in the alpine regions of Italy and Germany (including Austria), which probably had logistic reasons.

I should add: a distinct type of English armour before Greenwich, which obviously was distinct in its own way.

Transitional.

So what part makes this its own style? The angled waist, the fully articulated thighs, or not having a pointy shoe?

It depends on what you are referring to by "this". The earlier English style? If so, you'd have to look at the work of Toby Capwell. In general, English armour tended to be more symmetrical, like German armour, rather than asymmetrical like Italian armour. But less pointy (albeit not as round as Italian armour), often featuring "leafy" shapes. It was also optimised for combat on foot as English knights were often fighting in such a fashion. The suit you see in however is a much later English style from the 16th century. It still looks somewhat distinct, but during the 16th century the styles kind of merged and continental Italian or German armour would be basically composed of the same components and be similarly proportioned.

It's such a shame that the coolest sets of armor came about when armor itself was becoming pointless.

Am I the only one who really prefers the armet and close helm to the sallet?

>ywn literally shit yourself as this fully armored brute on his fully armored horse charges you down to hack you to bits and trample said bits into the mud

Why even life?

This is my dream armour right here boys, what style?

For the more opulent user

O R I E N T A L

Whichever has the larger brayette.

Milanese - good tier
Gothic - top tier
LATE 16TH CENTURY FULL PARADE ARMOUR - DIVINE GOD TIER

Armets are too mainstream. Burgonets are the really rare ones. Although I think they were rarely used with full plate armor at this point, this might just be a replica.

Unfortunately this style of armour dosen't have any spesific name like "gothic" or "maximilian". The closest you can come is "parade armour" because many of them were highly decorated. However it's misleading since many of them were used in battle and tournaments.
Maybe you can call them "gendarme armour", since it was worn by the gendarmes?

Does anyone know about a particular castle in Austria with a ton of armour on display, including a gigantic set (clearly intended for a 7-8 foot man) with a schlong sheath of equally disproportionate size? Visited it as a kid and haven't managed to figure out what castle it was since.

I think the burgonet was more popular together with the three quarters armour, like the distinctive savoyard armour

How exactly do you see in those things

QINGZ are aesthetic.

Fuck Metal.

Was this actually worn? If so, by who?

Gothic because his kicks match his top

Normans, but who knows?

google.co.uk/amp/s/www.pinterest.com/amp/pin/182255116142247121/

LARP FASHION
ΓΕΛΩ
Ε
Λ
Ω

larp-fashion.co.uk/larp/black-raven-armoury/leather-armour-diy-kits/10331/larp-body-leather-armour-vendel-diy-kit?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxt30y-iJ1gIVS7HtCh1kPAZ9EAQYASABEgLvx_D_BwE

This is just some fantasy shit. Would have been expencive since leather, yet flimsy and way inferiour to metal or even a gambeson

Leather + a chainmail and ur sorted.
Fuck nobles and knights.

>use shitty material
>put big gaps between shitty material to make it even easier to kill you
This is why fantasy armour designers deserve to be slapped repeatedly

gothic, I'm a sucker for that Salet.

We're talking about armor designed by same people who think that weapons like this are a good idea so slapping them might be too gentle of an approach.

>gothic
thin
>milanese
THICC

Simple plate tended to be less expensive than chainmail lad.

Maximilian best style

People have put metal underneath leather, stupid %)

I've been there recently! That is the castle outside of Innsbruck. I am almost certain on this! There were many interesting things to see there as well.

I multiply this.

Cheaper to spend more on metal then on losing weight I guess.

God damn it, my namesake.

The tripfag likes skinny jeans, what a surprise.

Superior.

lmao, all that effort to armor plate the limbs, yet leaving the torso exposed to leather only.

That shit is Super-Special SCA Ren-Fair Gay.

THICC

So why are the majority of surviving suits 16th century ones?

Europe was peaceful enough to not have to keep using those armors anymore. I bet a lot of chainmail and plate armor kept being reused for hundreds of years and just wore out completely.

Are you retarded?

>mfw i have no face

>Can´t see shit
>Gets maced in the head
>falls inconsciently
>enter in coma
>war ended
>I am alive
>Bestarmor.jpg

Aliens in middle age

If I saw a fag with this in the middle of the battlefield I would immediately go after him

naive armor

>weapons like these
>post awesome weapon

Just imagine lifting the 40 KG weapon and swinging this piece of shit while you gets killed by a bowman or simply by a guy with a butter knife while he hits your neck

>Nicholas the war tank

BRIGANDINES MOTHERFUCKER

You're an idiot.

Korean cloth armor.

Tibetan, possibly Bhutanese or Nepalese.

Sindh armor.

>not fighting naked

>Unironically defending anything except Greenwich

That's not a Greenwich suit in your pic though. It was made in Augsburg.

Savoyard armor.
And I'm not saying that because I'm a heavy cavalaryboo.

This is my favorite.

Rich guys kept their armor safe and secured. Preserving it for centuries.

what is meaning of this circle symbol on helmet?