Celts

Why are Celts so irrelevant?
They never contributed to anything. Celtic languages are dead, not even Irish speak their own language anymore.

They got all Germanised.

>control majority of western europe
>do nothing with it
>get germanised

Poor ability to confederate. Similar scenario to the Native Americans, really.

Celts were probably a culture band rather than a race or even a united people per se.
The connections drawn between the insular and Continental Celts are very weak and specious.

Dude, the people who contributed the most to the development of the world, the British, French, Spanish and, are all essentially Celts. They just changed culturally.

Those Celts were essentially the Pre IE people, and they just changed culturally.

neanderthal cuck genes from armenia

British are Anglo-Saxon.

Not genetically, not much. Before the advent of Anglo-Colonialism, most colonialism resulted from a small number of founders creating a colony consisting of mostly native members, resulting in very little admixture. A modern Englishman is very little different from a Welshman

So Anglo-Saxons rule over the Celts? Like I said, Celts are irrelevant.

At school They were those barbarians Who for genocided by them, never got why we had to study them and Not my ancestors

Yee, but now the English are irrelevant too.

Ugly, naked, They got memed Into fame by The thousands of autistic white we wuzzers obsessed with them, fucking annoying

The Spanish were still half PRE IE ( TURDETANI, IBERIANS, AQUITANI)

Infighting, eg against the romans, rather than fighting on a united front there was just stupid bullshit

Fuck these retards for being so useless

>Those Celts were essentially the Pre IE people,
Literally dumbest post ever

The Celts are the IE that replaced the Natives, the Slavs(aside from the Poles, Belarussians Russians) and Germnics are the Pre IE

You're literally R1b DF-27, Iberians were I2a and G2a

Didn't they make chain mail or something?

>Didn't they make chain mail or something?
nah, they stole it from the etruscans

I'm wondering now
Are Sardinians and Corsicans celtic people too?
We know for sure that Nuragic were pre-indoeuropean
Are Celtic people pre-indo mixed with indo-euripeans?

Celts were Indieuropean so no, Sardinians traded with The Iberians, especially those in The South west coast where They probably established a small community at Huelva, the other people They had direct relationship with were The Villanovians, the precursors of The Etruscans, They established an emporium in The coastal city of Populonia and probably one at Vulci too, They also had a trading relationship with Cretans and Cypriots but those were more sporadic

Celts are I.E. you retard

Oh yeah I forgot about The Sicels, They had a direct relationship with them too especially those in The Aeolian island of Lipari

Celts with some anglo-saxon blood.

200 nuclear warheads disagree.

French are franks
Most relevant brits are anglos
Spain kind of counts but they're weird mongoloids(t.spainard) so im not sure if they coubts

Are the Celts the most consistently fashionable people in the world?

>Celts
>some modern day person

LOL...

Might as well say Gucci is Roman

I'm a gaul.

[thinking emoji]

Reread my post, i said :

>The Celts are the IE that replaced the Natives

Not in Iberia or Turkey

If Scotland is celtic then so is half of Europe

This. Scotts, Welsh, and Irish are just English-speaking LARPers.

What about the 2 million or so people who speak Celtic languages?

tell me about britons, why are they so swarthy

Is it true that Galicia was originally celtic?

40-50% blue eyed is well above the world average. And British skin is notoriously pallid and pale. So I'm not sure what you're talking about. We do have enormous amounts of rather swarthy immigrants, though.

You now know that North Italians are 40% blue eyed on average

They are the real Celts, but they don't inhabit the majority of this territory:

Seems a bit low desu. Most English are blue eyed and brown haired with pale skin.

scotfag here
the idea that after so long and so many kingdom collapses and language changes not to mention the huge number of people who have mixed with us Romans ,angles ,Saxons ,vikings and English but through all this we are all essentially the same Celtic people from 450BC is frankly ridiculous

>the huge number of people who have mixed with us Romans ,angles ,Saxons ,vikings and English but through all this we are all essentially the same Celtic people from 450BC is frankly ridiculous
This is the truth though. Settled agrarian populations just don't change all that much. There'll be some admixture along the points of contact but yes, Scots are essentially the same people as they were 2000 years ago, as are the Irish, English, Egyptians, Italians, etc.

>porridge wog doesn't understand genetics
who would have guessed

>Not in Iberia or Turkey
Not in Turkey but they did in Iberia.

yeah from a genetic perspective we can trace are routes but culturally linguistically religiously were completely divorced

Or that modern perceptions of Celtic culture haven't been deliberately corrupted by people like Walter Scot as a reaction to Anglicization.

>Scots are essentially the same people as they were 2000

actually they had a much darker complexion you can see this evidence of Norse and Germanic migration of the British isles through the distribution of blonde hair blue eyes

>Anglo
>56% blond

Delusional Anglos

"Light", not blond. All those light browns count as "light".

Only to make shitty maps.

unsourced map

Not really, considering the celtic core Hallstat area is pink or even light pink in your area and the dark red area is Basque I would say it's not a goo proxy for celtic blood

Basques have less R1b than Western French, Irish, and Welsh

They're just our rape babies

>considering the celtic core Hallstat area

Hallstat is a meme

Proto-Celts start with Bell-Beakers who were all R1b-P312

>Proto-Celts start with Bell-Beakers who were all R1b-P312

Yeah sure thing

>our
?
>Hallstat is a meme
congratulations, you're oficially fucking retarded.
Hallstat is a source for R1b-U106. Germanic branch of R1b.

>Claim that Celts start with Hallstat
>Proceed to claim Hallstat was Germanic

WE

>he thinks people segregated themselves according to haplogroups
You're dumber than I thought. You should stick to /int/, the audience there is uneducated.

This. British and Irish people are part of the mediterranean race.

Forgot to post pic.

>So uneducated that you claim that Hallstat was Germanic and U106
>So uneducated that you claim that U106 is Germanic
>So uneducated that you are not even aware that Bell Beakers were all R1b-P312 aka Continental Celts

I repeat Basques are our Rape Babies, actual Iberians were I2 and G2

>Invent trousers
>stop wearing trousers when everyone else adopts them
Celts are just hipsters
Well, pretty much the entire Roman panoply was Celtic in origin.
I suppose one of their chief contributions to history also partly caused their demise.

That sweet boar staff...

I like how this retarded picture is mixing Urfield, la Tiene, Hallstat all in a big "Celtic" pot

lol wtf

Celts were plenty relevant during the Iron Age. There's even an argument to be made that Irish monks helped preserve the works of the Classical world during the Dark Ages.

Irish monks did more than that, they were at the center of basically every major theological debate in Europe and founded a lot of their monasteries. The "preserving classical knowledge" thing is a bit of a meme, at the time they were much more renowned for doing their own thing, often out of step with the Catholic Church at large. The Carolingian nobility chimped out at one stage because basically all the King's closest advisors were Irish. This sort of stuff continued until around the 12th century.

An interesting example is the Synod of Whitby, a Northumbrian debate about the Easter computus. On one side, you had churchmen from Ireland, on the other side, you had churchmen educated in Irish institutions who conducted the debate in Irish, and presiding over it you had a King who was converted by Irish churchmen, ruling over a country introduced to Christianity by the Irish. Basically the only figure involved in the debate who had no connection to the Irish was the King's wife, who arguably started the whole thing because she wouldn't conform to the Irish Easter Computus.

WE WUZ KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGZ

What did you mean by this? I'm German

>Literally dumbest post ever
Ok.
>Slavs(aside from the Poles, Belarussians Russians) and Germnics are the Pre IE
You just topped his post in stupidity my friend.

>Iberia
I wouldn't say the whole Iberia but primarily in northern Spain and Portugal.
Galicians (Spain) are still mostly Celtic.

They made/invented chainmail...

We, even we, was KAZANGZ

N shit.

>Iberians are celtic

lol

Apart from the bestial lust for sheepish cunts of course, which the Welshmen takes literally, and the Englishmen figuratively.

>I said Galicians, not all North Spaniards
>Spanish_North on the chart is clustered very close to France and just south of Ireland, with small genetic distance anyway
Learn to read and to interpret your own data fucktard.

Galicians are Celtic. Look it up.

Idiot

Brits/"British" islanders = darker hair, lighter skin

Scandis/continental germsnics (except for some dutch who are pale)= lighter hair, blue eyes more common, but swarthy skin

In early america, Swedes and Germans were distinguished from anglos, Scots and Irish from their swarthy golden tanned complexions

t. angry gallegos

Yeah, no they're not. 2,000 years ago, perhaps, but exactly zero remains of their Celtic culture, language, or even genes.

What are you niggers talking about. The Anglo-Saxon takeover of Britain wasn’t like the Norman invasion. It was complete replacement of the natives. The Celts fled to what we now call the Celtic fringe, as shown here

>orkney
>celtic
I think you mean "Norwegian"

British is a collective term.
As far as genetics go,

Scots are 50% Irish, 40% Pict, and 10% Norse and Anglo

Irish are 95 % Irish , and 5% Norse and Norman

English are 30% Germanic and 70% Celtic

Welsh unknown, but heavily Celtic.

>Le saxon massacre meme
Nigger stop getting your history from that shitpile King Arthur movie.

This is incorrect LMAO. Some Celtic tribes were pushed into the western edges of Britain, the rest stayed and adopted Saxon culture and language. I can't believe people are still so uneducated to believe the saxons killed everyone. They didn't. The majority of Anglos are still genetically ''Celtic/Iberian whatever'' just Germanic in culture and language.

Wait, the Picts were not Celts? Also, are modern southern Germans more Celtic (as in Germanized Celts), or Scandinavian-derived Germanic, in ancestry?

ah yes, the "germanic" "people"

>attractive people vs not attractive people

hmmmm

not the same phenotype

Half of the above are fucking painted. Paintings don't have phenotypes.

oh noe my germanic heroes were insulted :(

Shame those bitchin ass hats got lost to time, they're fucking tits.

>jewel encrusted shield

>go on strike at me!
>im so wealthy i can afford to lose them
>you cant dent my wealth nor my life!

Even the North Koreans have nukes now, who cares?

Not really. The Celts who were around in 450BC developed into the Celts around in 950 AD, and modern Scotland developed, primarily, from those peoples.

Celts liked to suck fat germanic cock

your missing the Angle invasion and colonization leading to the use of old english in the central belt which forced the votadini Celts to migrate to wales. Also the picts getting btfo by Gaels and Scotii which changes the language from Brittonic to Gaelic in the highlands
so again not really linguistically as nobody speaks a form of welsh here , not really culturally we dont leave offerings to gods we cant remember in bogs
if you want to focus purely on genetics then yes we are continuation of these and many other peoples but by that logic Modern Turkish people are a continuation of the ancient Greeks

>being this retarded

They didn't replace anyone, you fucking morons. Let alone the Slavs and Germanics who weren't anywhere near

People really need to get rid of this meme that migrations from the Iron Age onwards actually radically changed demography when in most cases it was very minor and most conquered peoples adopted the culture. Serbs don't look anything like Russians despite both being Slavs, because the vast majority of their ancestors were Slavified, not exterminated or whatever.

*who werent anywhere near the Celts when they expanded

>not really culturally we dont leave offerings to gods we cant remember in bogs
the people living in Scotland Christianised pretty quickly senpai

Hi dan